Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Wrong! Bailly's best performances were right at the beginning of the season when Smalling was out. He got back to back MOTM awards, if I remember correctly. Could be wrong on that score. But soon as Smalling got reintroduced, we sort of lost that edge. I'm not saying it's all down to Smalling but we never look as solid or dynamic when he's in the team.
Disagree. His best performances IMO were the two games against Leicester and Liverpool. Both were next to Smalling.

Regardless, it wasn't the point I was making. It was the blaming Smalling for Baillys recent poor form when Smalling was excellent in those games is nothing short of madness.

POF

You would think but many seem certain they know his level already. Personally i'm not convinced by him yet, as obviously i haven't seen enough.
He looks very talented but is impetuous and inexperienced. He does make mistakes but hasn't made enough yet to get the "shit" or "not good enough" labels. It will come though. Until then, any mistake he makes will be Smalling's fault.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
What has Bailly done to escape that criteria? His last few games have been really poor.
He was by far our best cb till the African cup. His recent performances are more a result of him needing some rest. He cant keep on carrying the defense alone (with Valencia)

Mike09

He was by far our best cb till the African cup. His recent performances are more a result of him needing some rest. He cant keep on carrying the defense alone (with Valencia)
Was he really though. Many United fans think so but I thought they were just being fans boy of him due to him being young and a new player. United fans tend to hype a new player when they have very good pre season and 1-3 games in the beginning of season. In my opinion before the African cup, both Jones and Rojo played better than him.

The same thing on Smalling, Smalling had played about 50 games in all comp last season, and then keep playing in Euro 16 which I think he needed some rest. He's been good since his came back from broken for injury to be fair.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Was he really though. Many United fans think so but I thought they were just being fans boy of him due to him being young and a new player. United fans tend to hype a new player when they have very good pre season and 1-3 games in the beginning of season. In my opinion before the African cup, both Jones and Rojo played better than him.

The same thing on Smalling, Smalling had played about 50 games in all comp last season, and then keep playing in Euro 16 which I think he needed some rest. He's been good since his came back from broken for injury to be fair.
You only have to see this thread and the one regarding Jones to have examples of how certain fans hypes player.

Prior the African cup Jones played against 1 top team ie Arsenal and 1 meah team (Spurs) the rest were against rubbish team such as West Brom, Sunderland and Palace. Bailly immediate became first teamer and did extremely well which is kind of embarassing considering that his colleagues are older and had been at United for much longer time.

pilky02

Supports
I could eat a nob at night
Brain dead.
Panic personified. Utd captain... what a joke.
Agreed. It's sad to see him wear the arm band, he doesn't have a captains bone in his body.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I often don't understand why he gets such a hard time.

Devil may care

I thought he was solid tonight, he surely wont be the next Captain though, he has zero presence or fire.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
When he smashes the ball clear, I always imagine he yells "Have it!", like that old John Smiths advert where Peter Kay blasts the ball over the row of houses.

Defended well and made some very good blocks against Chelsea's many cut backs, but his composure when he has the ball is just hilarious. I actually think he's a capable footballer, and he certainly can play good passes. It's all about composure, or the absolute lack of, and he just shits it if he doesn't have 15 yard radius of empty space around him.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
In the last 2 mins, we finally get to a position to put them under pressure and he can't complete a 5 yard pass (well he does directly to a blue shirt).

Defensively he left his man on a number of occasions, got done by a great bit of skill by hazard but he did make some good challenges.

JoaquinJoaquin

Didn't have a bad game but for me it's the same old with him and Jones. They just aren't convincing and you can never feel truly comfortable with them like you can Bailly (apart from the last month or so) and even Rojo this season. Can see why Jose may be looking at another cb this Summer.

Sylar

I couldnt stop laughing at the pass he attempted near the end after our throw in. Its like he closed his eyes, had a nose bleed because of where he was and kicked the ball hoping it would find a red shirt around him.

That bit where he rushed out on Hazard and got turned was silly as it gave Chelsea momentum and a few chances. He had no reason to do that on the half way line, just needs to stop Hazard from turning to face us.

ti vu

Defensively he's pretty solid defensively this game as sweeper. The main complain is plain old about his decision making with the ball. The pass at the end in Chelsea box & at least one panic unnecessary clearance where he could just pass to teammate.

Getting turned by Hazard on the form he is today is not something shameful. Hazard movement is good, so is the chemistry between him & Costa (who moved to occupy Rojo preventing him from tracking Hazard. Rojo, who with Jones were assigned to step up & man mark Hazard whichever channel Hazard moved in). This left Smalling having to think outside of the box in picking Hazard in this incident. It happened too quick for Smalling to realize the situation. If we're criticizing Smalling for not reading the situation better like Rio, then it's harsh as well as it's tricky situation majority of players/ defenders wouldn't do any better.

Last edited:

arnie_ni

I couldnt stop laughing at the pass he attempted near the end after our throw in. Its like he closed his eyes, had a nose bleed because of where he was and kicked the ball hoping it would find a red shirt around him.

That bit where he rushed out on Hazard and got turned was silly as it gave Chelsea momentum and a few chances. He had no reason to do that on the half way line, just needs to stop Hazard from turning to face us.
Thought it was fk myself. Guy caught his heel as he passed. He even went down and didn't make it back to defend until about 2 mins later. He was clearly caught

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Embarrassing seeing him with the armband. Get us a real leader in please.

Someone who inspires confidence in others because he sure as shit doesn't.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
:lol: This fecking thread!

He was good yesterday, Hazard turned him once but he can do that to any defender in the world, Hazard is THAT good.

Dobbs

I'm lost as to how any of the defenders can be criticsed. They were all great.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Our best/worst/most average defender.

Will edit later based off probably a single action in a single game.

Status
Not open for further replies.