Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'm sorry but he really is a bag of shit

Scarecrow

Having a week off
He's done that before - trying to clear it with his right when he should've used his left. I remember Neville criticizing him for it last season.

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
Not sure who's worse between him & Jones. Who the feck goes with their right foot in that sort of situation? :houllier:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Pure panic for their goal. Not the first time he's lost his composure when it counted.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
It's more than just the mistake. It's the fact that he's been excellent until then, but when we need composure, concentration and leadership the most at a crucial moment it fails him once again.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
That was pathetic. How can you miss kick a football as a professional player? It's a fecking joke!

izec

It's more than just the mistake. It's the fact that he's been excellent until then, but when we need composure, concentration and leadership the most at a crucial moment it fails him once again.
Thats the problem. A lot of people in here brush his mistakes under the carpet and focus on his good moments. But his mistakes are getting costlier and more obvious as the season progresses. There is no sugarcoating it anymore

Paxi

He hasn't been excellent. Did you not see him fecking that header up? He's been lucky.

JoaquinJoaquin

When do we get to the point that we finally abandon this Jones and Smalling experiment? They clearly don't work together and never have

Dec9003

He's just not good enough to play for us and he will continue to prove so, he'd be well out the door in the summer if I had my own way.

OneUnited24

When do we get to the point that we finally abandon this Jones and Smalling experiment? They clearly don't work together and never have
Smalling doesn't work with anyone. I used to be one of his backers but the lad isn't United quality. I now get why lvg used to play the way we did. To protect smalling because he knew how bad he was. It stiffled the team but you really see how bad he is when he doesn't have 2 holding players in front of him

Paxi

He's defended very well up until that goal. That's a fact. That daft header at the beginning of the half isn't really relevant.

No it's not irrelevant. He does shit like that all the time. Against a better opposition he'd be punished.

Kag

No it's not irrelevant. He does shit like that all the time. Against a better opposition he'd be punished.
Well, it is. It'll make a cracking GIF but it was a nothing event that didn't put us in any danger. Smalling is clumsy, but he's never done that before, so yeah, you're wrong.

Big Ben Foster

Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Absolutely hopeless. He'll be playing for the likes of West Ham or Watford next season.

Paxi

Well, it is. It'll make a cracking GIF but it was a nothing event that didn't put us in any danger. Smalling is clumsy, but he's never done that before, so yeah, you're wrong.

No it doesn't make a cracking GIF it's a fecking joke and an embarrassment.

Are you fecking stupid? How has Smalling never messed up before? Did you not just see that goal? What do you call that? A pro not being able to kick a football out danger. So how am I wrong? It's happens all the time!

Kag

No it doesn't make a cracking GIF it's a fecking joke and an embarrassment.

Are you fecking stupid? How has Smalling never messed up before? Did you not just see that goal? What do you call that? A pro not being able to kick a football out danger. So how am I wrong. It's happens all the time!
What has Smalling's mistake for the goal got to do with what he did at the beginning of the second half? You said he does things like that all the time. I'm saying he hasn't, because, you know, he genuinely hasn't... I've never seen Smalling head the ball on the floor before today, and neither have you.

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy
What has Smalling's mistake for the goal got to do with what he did at the beginning of the second half? You said he does things like that all the time. I'm saying he hasn't, because, you know, he genuinely hasn't... I've never seen Smalling head the ball on the floor before today, and neither have you.
He's not talking about that specific action I'm sure, he's talking about brainfart moments like that which are Smalling's trademark.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
He was the best defender in the first half but the goal was clumsy and stupid there's no way around it.

But we didn't drop points, so it's hardly the end of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.