Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lecland07

Just going to leave this here

He has always been a hard working player. I think he ranked first in the Premier League for average distance per game in two seasons whilst he was at Tottenham. It is quite a feat, considering how many Premier League players there are.

Jcrossley94

He has always been a hard working player. I think he ranked first in the Premier League for average distance per game in two seasons whilst he was at Tottenham. It is quite a feat, considering how many Premier League players there are.
And considering you wouldnt exactly describe him as "Athletic"

pablopablo

His vision and left/right foot crosses make our midfield much faster. Really good game from him yesterday but I think bringing Fred for him around 60 min would be good idea to give him rest before Sunday.

Winrar

His ability to keep possession in our favor is a huge asset, something we seriously missed in the past few years as we struggled to string two passes together and had to continually chase the game as a result.

I do hope his match fitness gets better over time.

Daneman

His ability to keep possession in our favor is a huge asset, something we seriously missed in the past few years as we struggled to string two passes together and had to continually chase the game as a result.

I do hope his match fitness gets better over time.
when you say it gets better, what do you mean exactly?
I mean better than being the best so far?

Foxbatt

If we have players who can hold the ball upfront it would be a lot easy for him. Maybe when Martial plays he may play even better.

Replenish

He has ability to keep hold of the ball and this team has been severely lacking players who can do that for years. So in that sense he's very useful. Other than that though, I don't particularly rate him. He's decent, never poor, never outstanding but he's not a CM or 10 who's going to be first choice in a winning side. He doesn't create masses of chances, he's not great defensively, he's decent in possession but doesn't exactly dictate play. He's no Scholes/Carrack. I don't really see what he does that would see him rated as a top top player, he's just a decent CM/10 who can do a job for say a top half of the table side, but not a title challenging side. He's not at that level.

Abraxas

He has ability to keep hold of the ball and this team has been severely lacking players who can do that for years. So in that sense he's very useful. Other than that though, I don't particularly rate him. He's decent, never poor, never outstanding but he's not a CM or 10 who's going to be first choice in a winning side. He doesn't create masses of chances, he's not great defensively, he's decent in possession but doesn't exactly dictate play. He's no Scholes/Carrack. I don't really see what he does that would see him rated as a top top player, he's just a decent CM/10 who can do a job for say a top half of the table side, but not a title challenging side. He's not at that level.
I think at Spurs in his peak years he was capable of playing in a title challenging side from an attacking midfield position. He was very consistent.

We have got a player at the back end of his career who's role has changed substantially to suit both us and an aging player. We weren't exactly missold, we knew what we were getting and it's fine. It's helping us build play and it's helping him continue to be a player at this level of club. We're miles off being a title winning side so it wasn't like Eriksen was signed to immediately fulfil that purpose, he's a step along the way.

Daneman

So the guy creates more chances than anyone, he takes more possesion, he literally runs more than any other player

yet here we are post after post of people going "maaaaa.. he is old..he is washed up..."

Did you ever consider the fact that this is just how he looks and always has?
Again you cant tell me a player that runs more than any other on the pitch isn't fit.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Immense today. Pivotal in all 3 goals

Ekeke

Best game he's had for us since league start. Really took control for our counters and made them count

Idxomer

He was great on the ball but he needs another midfielder alongside him.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I was praying for him to be subbed off around 50-60th minute but ten Hag knew better.

I still think that Eriksen & McTominay aren't a complimentary partnership — even when both are playing well individually, we're still sorely lacking control in midfield. But Eriksen was really good and I was surprised by his stamina — unlike usually, he kept running and pressing right until the very end and it paid off.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
much much better today, kept his fitness for the whole 90 which is nice

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
He's the chain between attack and defense ten Hag wanted in de Jong. So important. Love him already.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Thought he was waning at the start of the second half but my MOTM. Put him in an ice bath for a week.

Cloud7

I would say he's been our best signing. Having a player with his intelligence and ability in the midfield has been a game changer for how the team functions as a whole

Abraxas

Have to say I massively doubted him deep in midfield but it's working. A rare type of player that can play pinpoint passes through the lines. He can lay on an assist from anywhere, but more often than not he's going to be playing the key pass before the assist

Status
Not open for further replies.