Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
The slow motion sky played of our goal was superb to watch. The volleyed pass from the throw, the in and out movement to make space for the return, the control and the way he glanced around him to see who was near him then a quick look into the box then a perfect curled delivery. Was like poetry in motion

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

The assist was sublime. The showed it from a low angle and it looked even more impressive. Great vision there. What i loved the most was how casually he hit the ball. Like playing short passes with his son in the backyard. We need another player in that position, though, and we need him fast.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Brilliant assist but unusually sloppy from him generally.
Maybe not a top drawer performance, but I thought he showed class throughout, as per usual.

And to think I doubted this deal. He's been absolutely brilliant. Makes everyone around him better. Like Casemiro.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
That cross was ridiculous. What a ball.

Thought he was good first half but poor by his standards in the second.

Djemba-Djemba

Maybe not a top drawer performance, but I thought he showed class throughout, as per usual.

And to think I doubted this deal. He's been absolutely brilliant. Makes everyone around him better. Like Casemiro.
He just wasn't his usual excellent self, and I think he tired 2nd half.

He wasn't awful or anything and like you said he still had moments of class. His cross for the goal was absolutely brilliant. Beckham in his prime would have been proud of that, perfect.

Oranges038

Hell of a footballer, if he had more intelligent players with legs around him he'd be more effective at just sitting in and controlling the play. His legs seem to give out mid second half.

The vision and pass for the goal was sublime.

The United

Hell of a footballer, if he had more intelligent players with legs around him he'd be more effective at just sitting in and controlling the play. His legs seem to give out mid second half.

The vision and pass for the goal was sublime.
He should be coming off as soon as possible in the second half in games where we are comfortable and a couple of goals up to save some energy. I think ETH will need to find some deep playmaker CM after he gets a good striker in the future.

Oranges038

He should be coming off as soon as possible in the second half in games where we are comfortable and a couple of goals up to save some energy. I think ETH will need to find some deep playmaker CM after he gets a good striker in the future.
Yeah, it's not ideal and having to take him off for Fred or McT is asking for trouble in tight games like today.

Definitely need another midfielder like him to take over. Ideally you'd like to think that he would eventually become the player who comes in for the last 20/30 mins to control the play and see a game out.

El Jefe

He can make excellent passes but lacks the dynamism needed for a CM.

Will be interesting to see how he plays in the No.10 role next game if EtH decides to use him there.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He just wasn't his usual excellent self, and I think he tired 2nd half.

He wasn't awful or anything and like you said he still had moments of class. His cross for the goal was absolutely brilliant. Beckham in his prime would have been proud of that, perfect.
Yeah, I think our poor playing out from the back, the slow tempo, the labouring to get quick passing moves together on the right side or through the middle (we did OK a few times down the left) did our midfield few favours. The front line was pretty nothing bar 2-3 instances from Rashford and Bruno was pretty poor I thought. When there is little quality ahead of him it's a big ask (for Eriksen) and when the ball circulation at the back is nowhere near what it was in the last couple of league matches it also does tell. He always tires in the 2nd half, but when the team are using the ball well, with good tempo and movement it's less of a situation.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He deserves to play in midfield 3, it's a waste to make him do so much dirty stuff off the ball.

His passing was a bit off today, but still created a few nice openings. Nothing to be worried about.
Running him into the ground on the other hand..

BorisManUtd

He can make excellent passes but lacks the dynamism needed for a CM.

Will be interesting to see how he plays in the No.10 role next game if EtH decides to use him there.
No Bruno vs Villa so there's a chance for Eriksen to start in number 10 role with Casemiro and Fred (?) behind him.

lex talionis

Provided the crucial assist, but looked like a midfielder who’s on the cusp of burning out. I don’t know when it will be possible, but he needs a few games off.

Jam

Superb footballer but I’m getting increasingly concerned about his overall fitness.

We’re going to burn him out and cripple him at this rate, we can’t be this reliant on him. We can’t play without him but the more we use him the bigger the risk.

Fred and McT have improved under ETH but they simply don’t offer what Eriksen does.

united for life

Last year we had no brain on the pitch. This year we have a brain. That’s what he brings to the pitch. Along with Casemiro, he brings lots of sanity to our play

Lyng

Best case scenario is that our front 4 becomes more effective. Eriksen is usually among our best on the field in the first half and if we where more clinical we could be up by 2 or 3 goals by the time he gets tired.
Ten Hag is almost forced to run him into the ground because we dont have anyone else in midfield intelligent enough to break the opposition with passes like that from deep.
Villa will be a very interesting game. Sancho or VDB for Bruno and I am certain we will be much better at finding the perfect final pass.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Great player. Lacking a bit physically and it tells second half

ROFLUTION

Not sure if you can call him exhausted.

He runs a lot but simply gets called tired often because of his look and age.

Seems used in lazy ways often, but in reality he’s one that actually runs a lot / covers much ground when looking at stats.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He's asked to do too much defensively. We should be looking for a setup in which he can get more freedom and see more ball in advanced areas. He looked tired, would make sense to have him and Fred in front of Casemiro. I can imagine with Fred energy levels, this would reduce the defensive workload for Eriksen 20-30% and maybe we can have him playing top level full game. He can still drop deep to build up from the back.
Very interesting how we play against Villa.

youngrell

The slow motion sky played of our goal was superb to watch. The volleyed pass from the throw, the in and out movement to make space for the return, the control and the way he glanced around him to see who was near him then a quick look into the box then a perfect curled delivery. Was like poetry in motion
The amount he scanned in a split second was amazing to see.

GueRed

Not a great game yesterday by his standards.
He's still so important to ten Hags midfield.

That cross on the half volley to set up Rashford was delicious.

Mcking

Not a fan of his central midfield game tbh. Class player and gets on the ball, but never seems to be involved enough.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He and Bruno will have occasional blinders where they won't be effective. We just need better bench options to handle that period so that these guys can recharge and come back again. A deep midfielder is a priority next summer.

Abraxas

That assist was a thing of beauty. Not many in our team of capable of that kind of precision, and it followed a nice bit of play as well.

I thought his overall game was average. But he was not alone in this, the whole team lost control in the second half. I don't think that many of the forwards and midfields came out with a great performance. Maybe just Rashford.

the_cliff

Would like to see him in a midfield 3 along side Casemiro and Fred next game. I reckon it would probably be our most stable midfield and it would give Eriksen the benefit of concentrating solely on being creative.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
As I said, he’s our best midfielder after Casemiro by default. He’s not bad or anything, but he’s just not that good. Especially with Fernandes in the side too, both very much fulfil similar roles.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I was under the impression he was great at set pieces.

I've never seen him hit a decent corner in once. It barely ever beats first man.

Status
Not open for further replies.