Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I’ve said for ages that we need more playmakers. Thought Antony would be one from our side but that isn’t the case. Without him the passing ability between Casemiero and Fred is not good. Need him back but also need to add more players who know how to keep the ball and pass in tight quarters

Zico1982

I don't get it, when people are arguing, that Eriksen is a problem against strong opposition. Just look at his statistics this season against top 6 teams. Yes. He can't tackle, but he rarely loses the ball in dangerous areas, and that was the big issue yesterday. It would never have been 7 or 10 with Eriksen at CM. Why do you think ETH always plays him against top opposition? Klopp said in the build up to the match, that Eriksen missing out was the big issue for him. He knew what he was talking about. When Liverpool presses as high as they did yesterday, they leave acres of open space at the back. You simply can't do that with Eriksen in the center. He will find those spaces and cut their defense open like a can of tuna. Enter Rashford, and goodnight Scousers. Arsenal and Liverpool experienced exactly that at Old Trafford. We need someone like him ASAP. Bruno is the only one left in the squad, who can play Eriksen-passes, but he takes way to many risks to play CM. Get well Christian.

Last edited:

ABC of Football

I don't get it, when people are arguing, that Eriksen is a problem against strong opposition. Just look at his statistics this season against top 6 teams. Yes. He can't tackle, but he rarely loses the ball in dangerous players, and that was the big issue yesterday. It would never be have been 7 or 10 with Eriksen at CM. Why do you think ETH always plays him against top opposition? Klopp said in the build up to the match, that Eriksen missing out was the big issue for him. He knew what he was talking about. When Liverpool presses as high as they did yesterday, they leave acres of open space at the back. You simply can't do that with Eriksen in the center. He will find those spaces and cut their defense open like a can of tuna. Enter Rashford, and goodnight Scousers. Arsenal and Liverpool experienced exactly that at Old Trafford. We need someone like him ASAP. Bruno is the only one left in the squad, who can play Eriksen-passes, but he takes way to many risks to play CM. Get well Christian.
This was a huge problem for us when we lost our heads especially. We couldn't keep the ball for more then 1-2 passes in anyway or form.

I will never go re watch that match in my life time, but I am 99% sure that nearly every time Wout, Garnacho, Fred received the ball, they gave it straight back to Liverpool which was one of our biggest issues during the match.

The thing is, it was a one off game, where we were really bad. These things happen in football. One of the best things the manager has brought to the team is much needed bite, all around the pitch, but a calming influence on the ball in the form of Eriksen was massively missing yesterday. We can definitely do with a midfielder in his mould to be added to the squad for rotation.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
He was missed last night, the control he brings is unmatched.

Lyng

Here's the obligatory feck Andy carrol.
The fact that he went unpunished for actually injuring a player on purpose really says something about the state of the FA. Especially when you then consider how they treated Casemiro.

Bwuk

He's badly missed. He's streets ahead of Fred or Sabitzer as Casemiros partner.

Terry Chango

When is he back ? I always hoped the initial time out estimated was exaggerated but it’s been a while now.

Mike Smalling

Incase anyone missed it looks like he’ll be available after the international break..

That's big news. Just need to get through the Fulham game, and we will hopefully have midfield options of Eriksen, Fred, Sabitzer and McTominay, while Casemiro is out.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Will be great to have him back, assumed he wouldn't be back till Casemiro was back from his ban but may be back sooner than that

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Will be great to have him back, assumed he wouldn't be back till Casemiro was back from his ban but may be back sooner than that
We really need him. Our build-up is slow as feck without him and Casemiro and the biggest reason for me is the fact that all the other three alternatives hind behind opponents and make life difficult for our CBs. Even young Robbie has more courage and shows himself for the ball more than McTominay, Sabitzer and Fred.

frostbite

Great news that he is coming back! We really need quality options in midfield. Next summer the priorities should be a striker and a central midfielder.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The problem is that the next 3 games Casemiro misses are stacked over 6 days. So could still be tight for Eriksen to be back.

Classic sod's law really. But at least we should have both of them back for the next Europa game.

Irwin99

Weird to think he's played 31 games as it feels like he's missed a lot more. He was playing virtually every match before the injury though.

Really hoping he comes back and helps us dominate games again. I think EtH implied that the worst part of our game at the moment is possession play and he'll improve that.

Sylar

looks like his return is very close!

Fantastic stuff. A big boost post international games to have him available. Will make a difference in that final period of games.

I think hes joint second best passer (succession rate) for us. And on top of that, hes got the second highest number of assists (one behind Bruno) for our season despite being out for a period.

2Injurytimegoal

He should have more assist than Bruno if he didn't miss the last 15 games?

If he can stay healthy for the rest of the season, we may have one or even two more trophies? :drool:

BorisManUtd

Haven't followed much of United related news lately but this means he'll be available as early as Newcastle game? If so, great.

El Presidente

Haven't followed much of United related news lately but this means he'll be available as early as Newcastle game? If so, great.
Think his first grass session was today so I doubt he'll feature at Newcastle. At best, he'd be at the bench.

BorisManUtd

Think his first grass session was today so I doubt he'll feature at Newcastle. At best, he'd be at the bench.
Ah okay, thanks. Still it means he could be starting games as early as when we play vs Everton/Sevilla which is still great.

Bertie Wooster

Ah okay, thanks. Still it means he could be starting games as early as when we play vs Everton/Sevilla which is still great.
I'd say those games are the earliest I'd expect to see him in the squad. Probably as a sub at first. I'd be surprised to see him in the Newcastle or Brentford game, or rushed back as a starter.

He was in a moon boot for quite some time, and has only just started some level of outdoor training. It'll take a while to get up to the level of fitness / match sharpness needed for a PL starter.

But, like you say, great to see him back and, hopefully, he can get up to speed fairly quickly and make the kind of contributions he was making before the injury.

Bertie Wooster

That would be great. :)

I mentioned a post or two back that I'd be surprised to see him v Newcastle or Brentford, and that being on the bench v Everton or Sevilla would be the earliest I'd expect to see him.

So if that tweets accurate, and he is on course to be a possible sub for the Everton game, then that's brilliant news.

croadyman

I predicted he could be back for Everton after hearing Erik's pre match presser for Fulham

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
"Christian Eriksen is back on the pitch, not yet in the team training but I expect him in the coming week, [or] weeks, back in team training so will be available for games again.”

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Not on the bench today which is a shame, as we could do with his guile. Thought he was meant to be fit post intl break.

Status
Not open for further replies.