g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Christian Eriksen | Man Utd player

P3nnyw1se

Supports
Aab
Erksen was phenomenal for Brentford. He is obviously a squad player, but I think he could be one of the seasons big successes at Old Trafford
really why is that obvious? He is better than the competition.. so why would he be that?

Last edited:

P3nnyw1se

Supports
Aab
Brentford fans blaming Eriksen for not communicating is laughable.

He has consistently said ‘he wouldnt plan this summer or promise anything’ he was very clear about that.

In fact Eriksen stated several times during his time at Brentford he wanted to showcase himself again.

This is what he said when he joined Brentford.. quote is from the 7th of Februrary

"I spoke to Thomas a few times. I had a good feeling, [Brentford is] in London, for my family it's a good place to be. They play in the Premier League, for me for the next four or five months [I can] get up to a level and get to show who I am as a football player

Reading that now you must see he was very open about this all the time, but Brentford fans just refused to see it.
And instead you guys started writing stuff like

‘he cant find a better club’
‘He is getting old’
‘He wants to stay in London’
‘He wants more time with his kids’

the guy spend 9 months returning to footbal and you think he did that to end at Brentford?

I spend 4 months on your Forum warning you about this..people mistake his humble attitude for lack of ambitions.

And to ‘some’ United fans.. Eriksen didnt join to be a squad player, that will never be enough for him.
Not at Inter, not at Tottenham and not at United, he wants to play as much as any player you ever have had on the squad.

He literally came back from the dead to play, when everyone told him not to. Everyone wanted him to retire.

Read former managers talk about him and you will learn he is the first to come in and last to leave, when training ends he starts working on his set pieces. He is 100% dedicated

People confuse him being withdrawn with not being focused or content with watching others play.

they dont know him.

Last edited:

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Good player but not really one to cause great concern.
Wrong side of 30 and another stop gap signing like Ronaldo. Will also be interesting to see how he adapts to Ten Haag's football given his age and the fact his background is predominantly as a low workrate number 10. Also a bit suspect in the air.

Best years certainly behind him but if he adapts can help United steady things following the loss of Pogba.

redcucumber

Wrong side of 30 and another stop gap signing like Ronaldo. Will also be interesting to see how he adapts to Ten Haag's football given his age and the fact his background is predominantly as a low workrate number 10. Also a bit suspect in the air.

Best years certainly behind him but if he adapts can help United steady things following the loss of Pogba.
Do you feel the same about Koulibaly?

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

You can't really compare a guy just 30 with a guy turning 37 in the season just gone.
He was never pacey, unlike Ronaldo, so the biggest thing players see a drop in won't be an issue with him.

And did you really rate the heading ability of an attacking mid? Not usually a key factor is it, how's the heading of Bruno, Donny, Rashy etc?

It's an unusually astute signing from United.
What we'd have done in recent seasons is sign someone 2-3 years older who is a big name, and come straight in from a different league.
Instead we've just had 6 months to see what he can bring.

BarstoolProphet

Low workrate? He's consistently been among the highest in distance covered since he joined the PL.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

He is 30 year old. What is correct side of 30?

Crashoutcassius

He was incredibly high work rate right winger for the best years of his career. His body was on the wane towards the end at spurs but he knows all about that type of game. I think the player he is will surprise people

saik

Ahaha I see what you did there.

Guys chill, he is just memeing @TheReligion's post from the Koulibaly thread.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Brentford fans blaming Eriksen for not communicating is laughable.
The issue that you singularly choose to ignore is that he said he was going to tell Thomas Frank and the club when he categorically had made his decision and he didn’t - that’s the issue. Not only tell us but tell us first. Keep your word man - simple.

mu4c_20le

The issue that you singularly choose to ignore is that he said he was going to tell Thomas Frank and the club when he categorically had made his decision and he didn’t - that’s the issue. Not only tell us but tell us first. Keep your word man - simple.
Jesus, some of you guys act like your club raised him from a child off the streets

AndyMUFC

Proper footballer and one of those opposition players I've always admired. Top signing on a free.

I can personally see him playing deeper in most games and then we'll maybe stick Bruno on the wing or do something different against bigger sides but I'm definitely expecting him to play most weeks rather than coming off the bench like some have said.

GreatDane

It's very likely that he gave Thomas Frank a call and told him, but the latter had to keep it a secret.
It's a huge business with stocks and shit, so naturally he can't tell everyone in advance what he's choosing before it's official. Should be common sense.

Hester_manc

I think he will get shirt no. 24. He had that number in Inter. Maybe no. 21, which he had in Brentford.

Shark

@NotShark

:lol::houllier:

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
People are so concerned about age... 30 is still fine if you're fit to play 2-3 years top level football. He will be a very good squad player who can play in various positions, exactly what we need. On top, EtH knows him, the player knows the PL, no fee had to be paid. What's not to like

TheReligion

Abusive
Ahaha I see what you did there.

Guys chill, he is just memeing @TheReligion's post from the Koulibaly thread.
They are a very tetchy bunch our Chelsea fans aren’t they :lol:

They need to be told Chelsea are the bestest club in the world bar non otherwise there’s big trouble!

Good effort though @P-Ro although 30 isn’t the wrong side of 30 unfortunately..

The devil is in the detail.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
They are a very tetchy bunch our Chelsea fans aren’t they :lol:

They need to be told Chelsea are the bestest club in the world bar non otherwise there’s big trouble!

Good effort though @P-Ro although 30 isn’t the wrong side of 30 unfortunately..

The devil is in the detail.
There are bunch of posters whose default response is "What about ManUtd" :lol:

P3nnyw1se

Supports
Aab
And how on earth do you know he didn't?
Have Thomas Frank come out and said "Eriksen lied to me he didn't call me?"

You're calling out a man to be a liar without knowing anything about if he actually did it or not.
Most likely he did, they are friends, and he most likely also told Thomas Frank that it wasn't public yet so what would you have Frank do?
Eriksen is a free agent, should Frank start causing issues about it?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
People are so concerned about age... 30 is still fine if you're fit to play 2-3 years top level football. He will be a very good squad player who can play in various positions, exactly what we need. On top, EtH knows him, the player knows the PL, no fee had to be paid. What's not to like
And we seriously lacked off creative players. Before it's only Bruno and Sancho. If either one of them has a day off, or injured, we're fecked. Eriksen was available on free transfer (and our manager has worked with him) is almost a god sent and stars lining up for United.

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
This guy still has his class especially in term of experience. He could be a great mentor to young United players, I think his passing range, off ball movements and his personal technique can still improve United. Outside of his personal health problem, he's only 30 years old and can still perform well in 2-4 years( depends on his discipline). He's very intelligent player that has great decision making on his game.

Hoof the ball

As anyone who has ever played Championship Manager 92/93 will tell you, the rapid decline occurs on the moment you turn 30. Instantaneous and irreversible decline. Literally 80% of your market value vanishes overnight.

dal

Hes a decent signing, I actually can’t see him displacing anyone with certainty but a good squad addition following a number of midfield departures.

I think he will add creativity in the middle but I feel he will mostly be used outwide.

Eriksen, De Jong, Sancho, Bruno, Rashford. There is some potentially exciting creativity there and I would be excited but proceed with caution as 3 were there last season and Ten Hag is newbie to the league. Ill wait until November until I get excited, too many false dawns.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
It's very likely that he gave Thomas Frank a call and told him, but the latter had to keep it a secret.
It's a huge business with stocks and shit, so naturally he can't tell everyone in advance what he's choosing before it's official. Should be common sense.
Unfortunately not and that’s from the man himself.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
And how on earth do you know he didn't?
Have Thomas Frank come out and said "Eriksen lied to me he didn't call me?"

You're calling out a man to be a liar without knowing anything about if he actually did it or not.
Most likely he did, they are friends, and he most likely also told Thomas Frank that it wasn't public yet so what would you have Frank do?
Eriksen is a free agent, should Frank start causing issues about it?
Because the info about what happened comes from the top level of the football club - the owner, manager and director of football.

Mr Smith

Don't know where this myth has come from. He's historically been one of the highest workrate 10's in football.

Banat

Get in

He just turned 30, what do you mean by 'Wrong side of 30' :lol:

cyril C

Some see Erikssen as a back-up for Bruno. But I am not sure, who is the best of the 2 players. In any case, we finally have a player in the squad who can be dangerous on a free kick, just as he is also quite good at taking penalty kicks.
In fact, you can add VDB into the debate. I see ETH capable of fielding 2 of these 3 in the starting 11, how is the big ? Dual Core is good from attacking perspective, but we failed miserably when Pogba was in the team, adding Mata wasn't too effective neither. May be Pogba is a bad example, but I am yet to see a working formation & tactics.