Christian Eriksen | Signs for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Real Name

He’s just spent 6 months bossing the PL at Brentford…

Tbf the United scouts probably don’t know that though.
Scouts dont do medicals.

We want you to join us but we are going to do our best to make it as difficult and drawn out as possible
No, they wont to make sure he's all right to play, that's the purpose of medicals, its not that ask him to say aaa, check his temperature and let him go.

Sanchez7

I am surprised there isn’t more excitement for this signing. Eriksen is a fantastic player, two footed, excellent technique and will play a big part in our season imo. Can’t wait to see him in a United shirt.

AdNani

I am surprised there isn’t more excitement for this signing. Eriksen is a fantastic player, two footed, excellent technique and will play a big part in our season imo. Can’t wait to see him in a United shirt.
He'll be a fantastic player for us. The right sort of character needed as well, ultimate professional. Him and De Jong will transform our midfield to one who can actually keep and progress the ball.

ThanksBoss26

Personally speaking I am but it’s tempered by the fact we’re so desperate for de Jong to make the whole thing tick. But the two of them is an exciting prospect and will hugely improve our quality on the ball in midfield. Hopefully we can get them both done.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He's a backup number 10, who's just turned 30 and almost died a year ago. That's without mentioning that he turned us down when he left Spurs at a time where he showed signs his best days were behind him even then

Yeah I'm one of those who just can't get excited about this one. But hey hopefully he proves me wrong

Eddy_JukeZ

I'm going to be nervous watching him every game, because of what happened.

Hopefully he turns out to be a good signing for us.

Remember the geese

He's a backup number 10, who's just turned 30 and almost died a year ago. That's without mentioning that he turned us down when he left Spurs at a time where he showed signs his best days were behind him even then

Yeah I'm one of those who just can't get excited about this one. But hey hopefully he proves me wrong
He isn't. He's a starting number 8, with some great years ahead of him in a deeper role that many are unaccustomed to seeing him in. He will form part of a midfield three that is far more technical and creative than any we have seen at Old Trafford for a long, long, time.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I'm going to be nervous watching him every game, because of what happened.

Hopefully he turns out to be a good signing for us.
He played plenty for Brentford and Denmark last season. I think it is not something anyone needs to be concerned about

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He isn't. He's a starting number 8, with some great years ahead of him in a deeper role that many are unaccustomed to seeing him in. He will form part of a midfield three that is far more technical and creative than any we have seen at Old Trafford for a long, long, time.
Where does De Jong play? Because a midfield of him, Eriksen and VDB or Bruno won't work

Remember the geese

obviously and the same is true of your assessment
Well you can be glass half empty, or half full, depending on what you choose to see. The media tend to see Eriksen as a decent enough player, a good replacement for Lingard/Mata, but not anything to get excited about. Alternatively, you can view Eriksen as being a regular starter and part of a potentially massive upgrade to our central midfield in a Scholes-like role.

Pronewbie

Peep
I always get the nagging feeling that this signing is holding up only because of confirmation that De Jong is joining.

It's exciting to see how a midfield trio of Eriksen, De Jong and Bruno will fare. I'd argue that it's more balanced and technical than Pogba, Bruno and McFred.

I think Bruno will surprise many this season with his technique and defensive work ethic under ETH.

P3nnyw1se

Supports
Aab
Eriksen is probably the most cared for footballer in the world.

Part of the deal with Brentford was them having special medical staff available to him 24/7, for monitoring etc. (His demand.. not Brentfords)
I dont really see any issue with this medical. He has been examined from head to toe for a year, and He was okayed by a bunch of doctors before joining Brentford.

AndySmith1990

I think excitement is being reserved for de Jong. He's seen as the key piece of the puzzle. Once we get him we'll see a lot more excitement and positivity in other transfer threads

RedMilo

I always get the nagging feeling that this signing is holding up only because of confirmation that De Jong is joining.

It's exciting to see how a midfield trio of Eriksen, De Jong and Bruno will fare. I'd argue that it's more balanced and technical than Pogba, Bruno and McFred.

I think Bruno will surprise many this season with his technique and defensive work ethic under ETH.
Completely agree. If De Jong comes, a 3 of Eriksen, FDJ & Bruno would arguably give us more creativity in our team, since Scholes retired. Starting to this EtH chap knows what he is doing.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern

"Pogba, Bruno and McFred" is not a midfield trio. And Eriksen, De Jong, Bruno would be a rather imbalanced midfield trio.

Pronewbie

Peep
"Pogba, Bruno and McFred" is not a midfield trio. And Eriksen, De Jong, Bruno would be a rather imbalanced midfield trio.
One of McFred, obviously. It's more balanced than that trio IMO. People think because McFred are technically poor and offensively average, they can do the defensive role - they can't.

Also, I'd argue that Pogba is probably worse at the defensive work than Eriksen and most certainly De Jong. Bruno is fine since he'll likely be playing in the more attacking role.

The key here is that I'm not saying this is a very balanced midfield compared to other top clubs. I'm saying it's more balanced than our previous midfield. Defensively, technically, offensively.

OmarUnited4ever

Bruno, Eriksen & De Jong as midfield trio could work, but it really depends on roles and responsibilities, De Jong would need to be alert defensively and neutralize threats (aka Fabinho style), while one of Bruno or Eriksen will need to be that energetic box-to-box CM, maybe Bruno can do that role, with Eriksen given the freedom to interlink play in the final 3rd.

padzilla

Hipster
If Fred or McTominay are starting regularly for us then we're not going anywhere.

OpenIntrovert

He is an attacking midfielder with more work-rate than the norm. He has very good ball retention skills which allows him to play in central midfield as well, but he needs to be paired with a proper central midfielder who has better defensive attributes. Similar to Carrick and Scholes where Carrick tended to cover the defensive side while Scholes focused more on the attacking portion.

skc_18

One of McFred, obviously. It's more balanced than that trio IMO. People think because McFred are technically poor and offensively average, they can do the defensive role - they can't.

Also, I'd argue that Pogba is probably worse at the defensive work than Eriksen and most certainly De Jong. Bruno is fine since he'll likely be playing in the more attacking role.

The key here is that I'm not saying this is a very balanced midfield compared to other top clubs. I'm saying it's more balanced than our previous midfield. Defensively, technically, offensively.
Bruno, Eriksen & De Jong as midfield trio could work, but it really depends on roles and responsibilities, De Jong would need to be alert defensively and neutralize threats (aka Fabinho style), while one of Bruno or Eriksen will need to be that energetic box-to-box CM, maybe Bruno can do that role, with Eriksen given the freedom to interlink play in the final 3rd.
One of the major attributes for a DM is to tackle and win the ball. McFred are not DMs specifically for that reason while they have other attributes of DM. You can read the game well but you need to tackle and win, otherwise it wont work in PL.
I know for sure Bruno and Eriksen do not tackle a lot , not sure about De Jong. I dont think we would see a lot of Bruno, De jong , Eriksen unless it is 3 at back or when we are chasing a goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.