Christian Eriksen | Signs for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Not heard anything, but apparently playing with Ronaldo was a major factor in him choosing United. Hopefully he isn't having second thoughts.
He's also assured that United won't be able to sign FDJ thus guarantee him playing time. Apparently.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I know it's an obvious thing to go to, but is this taking longer than normal because of his unique circumstances, medically?

Marcelinho87

I know it's an obvious thing to go to, but is this taking longer than normal because of his unique circumstances, medically?
All that stuff is done, it's contracts being looked over.

Things are taking longer because people are analysing every second of it.

ryan_forlan

Gullible
This one is most likely in the bag. And will eventually happen.
But, the only concern i have is that Eriksen does not have a club right now. So his pre season has not started, this could impact his availability for the first couple of PL games.
It is looking highly likely that FDJ won't be signed in time to start the first couple of PL games, so, having Eriksen would have helped. Eriksen not starting his pre season training anywhere becomes an issue in that scenario.

(ESP when it is pretty much decided that he will join us)

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
This one is most likely in the bag. And will eventually happen.
But, the only concern i have is that Eriksen does not have a club right now. So his pre season has not started, this could impact his availability for the first couple of PL games.
It is looking highly likely that FDJ won't be signed in time to start the first couple of PL games, so, having Eriksen would have helped. Eriksen not starting his pre season training anywhere becomes an issue in that scenario.

(ESP when it is pretty much decided that he will join us)
He’s a pro, he will be looking after himself hopefully so won’t take him long to get up to speed.

SuperiorXI

Muppetiers on twitter (despite the name he does seem to have some actual contacts and is generally good with announcement timings) is saying Eriksen medical tomorrow and announcement tomorrow or Thursday, and the club is hoping to agree for Martinez tomorrow/thursday too, so that we'd have all of them on the plane for the tour on Friday.
Well that was a lie

AdNani

We want you to join us but we are going to do our best to make it as difficult and drawn out as possible
yeah because the most important thing about this medical is to just get it done, who cares about the players welfare eh? as long as we just sign some players.

It was always going to be more in depth given the events in his life recently.

SinNombre

He’s just spent 6 months bossing the PL at Brentford…

Tbf the United scouts probably don’t know that though.
Yeah and if he has issues on the field while donning a United jersey, you lot are going to defend United's management and claim "but but he played 4 months for Brentford"

Why is there moaning for following standard and correct practice.

allen7

Indeed. More cardiovascular tests and results check due to his condition I assume.

RikRuud

Interesting that he's been playing quite bit deeper for Brentford, spraying long passed about. People think he might be a rotation for Bruno but I can see him starting deeper for us against low block teams. Just need another midfielder to compliment him.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Yeah and if he has issues on the field while donning a United jersey, you lot are going to defend United's management and claim "but but he played 4 months for Brentford"

Why is there moaning for following standard and correct practice.
Yeah, fair play.

Just seems that he passed a PL medical months ago and then proceeded to excel in the league.

But you’re right, they have to be extra sure, and for the rest of his career it’s only right that he is extra careful.

Bobade

Yeah, fair play.

Just seems that he passed a PL medical months ago and then proceeded to excel in the league.

But you’re right, they have to be extra sure, and for the rest of his career it’s only right that he is extra careful.
Wouldnt matter which player it was, the medical at another club is irrelevant to you when you're the one forking out a massive investment on a player. It's not about whether he excels or not.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
You would think they could have done this much earlier so he could join the pre season. But I guess we like drawn out transfers.
Eriksen has been away for a break, we had to wait for him and his decision!

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Some of the posts in here are just insane!

Think some people need to just take a break from the transfer window!

Status
Not open for further replies.