Christian Pulisic | Signed by Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
People keep talking about Sancho as if they are sure he's ready to leave.

meamth

People keep talking about Sancho as if they are sure he's ready to leave.
It's not that people think he is ready to leave, it's just an attempt to throw that money at Dortmund and see how they react.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
70M€ !?!?!? Not even half of it. I've seen him play several times and can't see all the hype arround him. Yes, he's a good player but no more than that.

I would rather try and get Federico Chiesa, Hirving Lozano or Nicolas Pépé. They would cost less and have more to offer to the game.

L1nk

Not liking the noise of him moving to Chelsea, we need to be in for this guy for christ sake, fill that monumental RW gap we've had for years now. Buy some actual players that play to the positions we need, none of this converted winger to FB and vice versa shit.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Not liking the noise of him moving to Chelsea, we need to be in for this guy for christ sake, fill that monumental RW gap we've had for years now. Buy some actual players that play to the positions we need, none of this converted winger to FB and vice versa shit.
He is nowhere near good enough to start at RW for us and he isn't worth anywhere near 70M especially with only one year left on his contract

Aloysius's Back 3

Definitely coming to us - an american player bought for being American. He will come to us as well due to the high wage. Is a business investment more than a player we particulary need - even though he is a good player.

izec

Definitely coming to us - an american player bought for being American. He will come to us as well due to the high wage. Is a business investment more than a player we particulary need - even though he is a good player.
We need a right winger to be fair.

L1nk

He is nowhere near good enough to start at RW for us and he isn't worth anywhere near 70M especially with only one year left on his contract
He isn't good enough to be starting RW for a mid table team with absolutely no RW in it's ranks? Hm, okay.

Aloysius's Back 3

We need a right winger to be fair.
I personally dont think Pulisic will spend his life as a RW or a LW - not in the PL or the La Liga - something tells me the lad is made to play centrally later in to his career as a CAM - much like how Hazard does but id argue pulisic has more of an ability to start centrally and drift to both left and right with ease in to space more so than Hazard ( not saying he is better than hazard/ just that Pulisic is more made to play as a CAM in my eyes). First he might need to go through the stage of playing a RW and not particularly doing all that well in a league like the PL.

The reason im not all that in to a RW is because ultimately i dont think we have a LW that is all that meant for that position anyway. I want the next manager to pop in and try to get martial, rashford, sanchez and Lukaku as strikers in partnership - because not one can actually play like a proper winger at their peaks in my opnion - all are forwards. So the RW thing is not all that vital for me.

L1nk

I personally dont think Pulisic will spend his life as a RW or a LW - not in the PL or the La Liga - something tells me the lad is made to play centrally later in to his career as a CAM - much like how Hazard does but id argue pulisic has more of an ability to start centrally and drift to both left and right with ease in to space more so than Hazard ( not saying he is better than hazard/ just that Pulisic is more made to play as a CAM in my eyes). First he might need to go through the stage of playing a RW and not particularly doing all that well in a league like the PL.

The reason im not all that in to a RW is because ultimately i dont think we have a LW that is all that meant for that position anyway. I want the next manager to pop in and try to get martial, rashford, sanchez and Lukaku as strikers in partnership - because not one can actually play like a proper winger at their peaks in my opnion - all are forwards. So the RW thing is not all that vital for me.
I'm not sure exactly what you're saying, but it sounds like you're saying we should continue to ignore buying actual wingers and try and force forward players to play as wingers instead?

Aloysius's Back 3

I'm not sure exactly what you're saying, but it sounds like you're saying we should continue to ignore buying actual wingers and try and force forward players to play as wingers instead?
No that we should play forwards only with no wingers. I find wingers slightly and old generation thing personally & that fullbacks or more likely wingbacks do the exact same job that they do.

That does not mean that I don't want pulisic here - I just don't think it will be all that beneficial as a RW. For example
What is Better for u?

Martial - Lukaku - Pulisic

May look good on paper but is just an extension of what we already play which is wack football with bad first touches all over the place.
Or

Martial/sanchez - Lukaku/Rashford
Pulisic/Sanchez

For me is more technically capable in central areas & we see that right now we when our 'wingers' playing just off the centre as forwards instead.

Roady

Supports
Liverpool

Are you messing? If you signed him he would be your best player. Not just RW but your best player

BalanceUnAutreJoint

He isn't good enough to be starting RW for a mid table team with absolutely no RW in it's ranks? Hm, okay.
Any of Rashford,Martial or Sanchez playing RW would do a better job than Pulisic.
If we're gonna spend 70M on a right winger we can get a much better player than Pulisic.

Are you messing? If you signed him he would be your best player. Not just RW but your best player
The best player in the U21 team squad maybe yes.

Last edited:

MouChou

No that we should play forwards only with no wingers. I find wingers slightly and old generation thing personally & that fullbacks or more likely wingbacks do the exact same job that they do.

That does not mean that I don't want pulisic here - I just don't think it will be all that beneficial as a RW. For example
What is Better for u?

Martial - Lukaku - Pulisic

May look good on paper but is just an extension of what we already play which is wack football with bad first touches all over the place.
Or

Martial/sanchez - Lukaku/Rashford
Pulisic/Sanchez

For me is more technically capable in central areas & we see that right now we when our 'wingers' playing just off the centre as forwards instead.
I tend to agree with you on this one! Lets take liverpool for example, most would think that they play with wingers but if you you actually watch them or even look at one of those average position pictures you will quickly realise they don't use wingers at all! I don't mean by that that they dont apply wingplay as they do that all the time just not with wingers per se but fullbacks instead. Robertson and Arnold are always up and down the pitch and give them that needed width.
Meanwhile Salah is playing highest up in their team almost like a CF(lol) and Mane who I think tracks back the most from their front three end up being like a 10/8 hybrid. Even Shaqiri who usually plays as RW for them cuts in almost always and stays pretty narrowly.

As you said we have pretty much only CF's and SS's so we would only need good Fullbacks to cover the wings for us. While the other would storm in through the center.
To do that obviously we would need a manager capable of those tactics which the current one doesn't seem to posses or use.

Reactions: Sultan

nainaisson

He's the American Jesse Lingard, without all of the awful, cringy dance moves. He'd be a marketing dream for Woodward/the Glazers, though, which is why I wouldn't be surprised if he joins in the summer.

Infra-red

He's the American Jesse Lingard, without all of the awful, cringy dance moves. He'd be a marketing dream for Woodward/the Glazers, though, which is why I wouldn't be surprised if he joins in the summer.
According to the usually well connected Duncan Castles, Chelsea are pushing hard to conclude a deal for him in January, due to concerns that they could soon be handed down a transfer ban (possibly up to four windows in length).

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
According to the usually well connected Duncan Castles, Chelsea are pushing hard to conclude a deal for him in January, due to concerns that they could soon be handed down a transfer ban (possibly up to four windows in length).
What I've read in Germany is that Chelsea is open to making in a deal in January, but Pulisic would finish the season for Dortmund.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
What an awful comparison

ForestRGoinUp

I think he's got a toughness about him that Lingard doesn't have, and plays more like he has something to prove. While Lingard has started playing like he's made it. I see more wrinkles and nuance to his game/development too, whereas we're all still here just saying "But what about that movement" when it comes to @JLingz.

arthurka

Bet he wouldn´t like to play (or not play) under this management.
He is by no mean a fully developed player and Jose has zero tolerance for these.

Sadly I could see him flourish under Klopp.

ForestRGoinUp

Bet he wouldn´t like to play (or not play) under this management.
He is by no mean a fully developed player and Jose has zero tolerance for these.

Sadly I could see him flourish under Klopp.
Or Sarri or Pep or Poch...hmmm

SAFMUTD

Unless we change managers he will have zero impact on the team, he is a speedy player who needs space and high pressure a lot of movement attack. We attack in slow tempo, with long balls he will be literally useless under our current attack system (if you can call it a system), in addition he is not having a good season right now, and we know that Dortmund players tend to fail in other teams outside Germany.

I could see him shinning under Klopp, he is a player that would fit them well.

Elite Intelligence

Supports
Arsenal
He is good enough to start for Manchester United. Still though he is quite overrated as Jadon Sancho has already taken his spot on the team. Pulisic is a good player but doesn't have world class potential.

Giggsyking

apparently Atletico madrid interested in him, but they were told that the player has an agreement already with an english club. Liverpool?

Status
Not open for further replies.