Christian Pulisic | Signed by Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Why aren’t we in for this guy!? We don’t have a single RW in the team.
We are in a state of paralysis where we can't plan for the squad because we have a lame duck manager.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Read that he's going to Liverpool

Mick321

He's not very good, great media team behind him though. Not to say he's bad or not talented but the fee's mentioned are hilarious, he's a 20m project or something like a Dalot, not a 70m player

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I'm not sure how a Sancho taking his place means he is overated.
Sancho can play on either side, so it's not only him that's being prefered to Pulisic, but also Bruun-Larsen before and Guerreiro right now. He's been starting in the CL, but in the league the last time he played the full duration was in September and he has not played more than 15 minutes in any of the last 5 matches he was fit for (missed one injured).

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Sancho can play on either side, so it's not only him that's being prefered to Pulisic, but also Bruun-Larsen before and Guerreiro right now. He's been starting in the CL, but in the league the last time he played the full duration was in September and he has not played more than 15 minutes in any of the last 5 matches he was fit for (missed one injured).
He refused a contract extension. Im close to certain that's part of the punishment. Dorund I trying to show him he is not indispensable.

TheLord

He is going to Chelsea. Hazard is probably not signing a new contract; they will be very busy for a window or two.

(P.S. Looking for a “like” to post in match-day threads ;) )

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He refused a contract extension. Im close to certain that's part of the punishment. Dorund I trying to show him he is not indispensable.
Why would Favre care about that? He just took over a new club, the biggest in his career so far and he is in the middle of a potentially title winning and record breaking season. Do you think he shoots himself in the foot to punish a 20 year old kid he had no prior relationship with for not extending his contract?
It's not even looking like the club has a problem with selling him. They are supposedly very open to a summer transfer.

Why would Favre care about that? He just took over a new club, the biggest in his career so far and he is in the middle of a potentially title winning and record breaking season. Do you think he shoots himself in the foot to punish a 20 year old kid he had no prior relationship with for not extending his contract?
Its not 'shooting yourself in the foot" when you have unearthed a superior talent of the same age. Furthermore I'm convinced its a board room decision.

It's not even looking like the club has a problem with selling him. They are supposedly very open to a summer transfer.
Yes. Precisely because they have unearthed his replacement and he is refusing to extend his deal. I'd be unsurprised if their stance suddenly changed if he signs on the dotted line....

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
yeah, there is no punishment with Pulisic.

He is a good young talent, but it seems he is rather overhyped in some other countries! I thought it was just USA, but I guess it may be the UK too. I think maybe people remember the precocious kid breaking thorugh with Dortmund 3 years ago, and don't realise he actually han't really taken the require steps up from there.

It's a nice problem for Dortmund to have, good attacking options across the front line. Pulisic is down the order now because other players are playing well, and Favre is happy with them.

If Dortmund do get a big offer for him, he'll leave. Where ever he goes - they will be getting a good project, but a player who is nowhere near at the level many seem to think he is.

Skills

Snitch
Stay away. Let's not try to kill another promising footballers career.

Elite Intelligence

Supports
Arsenal
Or they are just a better one...
I guess but I don't see World Class potential in Pulisic. He's going to be solid but never one of the best players in PL. I don't see Hazard, Salah, Mane, Sterling, Sane level for him

BalanceUnAutreJoint

He aint all that, Sancho is a far greater talent.
Forget about Sancho he is a City product I doubt he would accept to join us and if we were to made an offer good enough to buy him then I doubt City wouldn't try to match him since they have first option.

Fracture90

I was high on getting him, but seeing how he fell down the pecking order, can't help but wonder what happened to him?

It means someone who's younger and better than you shows your not young prodigy. Still talented but overhyped and there's better options for the price
I don't buy that one bit. You can be a Robben talent coming through and a Messi level talent slightly younger shows up and takes your place.....a given player being more talented than you doesn't suddenly make you over hyped and less of player than you are.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I don't buy that one bit. You can be a Robben talent coming through and a Messi level talent slightly younger shows up and takes your place.....a given player being more talented than you doesn't suddenly make you over hyped and less of player than you are.
Except all your posts ignore the fact that he's actually not playing well (and has not for quite some while now) and it's not just Sancho, but also Jacob 'Messi' Bruun-Larsen and Raphael 'Neymar' Guerreiro who keep him out of the team. Dortmund must have the best attack in the world.

Last edited:

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Lots of whispers he's coming here. I hope he's better than I think he is.

Affirmation

Dortmund. Whispers that he'll be coming here from Dortmund.
Obviously, I meant what is the source of these supposed "whispers"? I did hear some talk of him coming to us a few weeks ago but all the recent talk has been about a move to either Chelsea or Liverpool I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.