Christian Pulisic | Signed by Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas

Open to offers
I'd rather have Sancho anyway, young and a brave English lion. Plus he's better at the old football thing too, but that's not as important as him being a brave English lion, obviously.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He's a far better player than he's shown in recent months and I think he would excel under Klopp.

C'mon FC

Supports
1. FC Köln
He's a far better player than he's shown in recent months and I think he would excel under Klopp.
Definitly. Might be that because of his current contract situation he is under performing. He is 20 Dortmund was/is his first big career step and he will leave them at the end of the season so obviously that's not an easy situation.
Congrats to the new club though. With signing Pulisic you get better access to the american market.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Liverpool transfer strategy: Buy all possible right wingers.

C'mon FC

Supports
1. FC Köln
Liverpool transfer strategy: Buy all possible right wingers.
Currently they have 3; Salah Shakira and Markovic (who doesn't play a role at all). Shakira is actually too slow for a winger and should be counted as an 8.
Furthermore Pool's 2nd suit doesn't fit that well (compared to Cities') so they need more quality coming from the bench. Pulisic is exactly that!

ayushreddevil9

Currently they have 3; Salah Shakira and Markovic (who doesn't play a role at all). Shakira is actually too slow for a winger and should be counted as an 8.
Furthermore Pool's 2nd suit doesn't fit that well (compared to Cities') so they need more quality coming from the bench. Pulisic is exactly that!
Pique not happy man

ayushreddevil9

Maybe you are right. But they signed Mane too who played RW

ayushreddevil9

There are 2 quality RW at Dortmund. We should at least try to get the English one

C'mon FC

Supports
1. FC Köln
Maybe you are right. But they signed Mane too who played RW
I am always right even when I'm wrong ;), but seriously. Liverpool doesn't have strong headers in attack that makes sence to play all to many crosses. Therefor it's natural that Mane plays on LW that he can turn inside an shoot with his strong right food, same goes for Salah on RW.
I'd compare Pulisic (CP) with Rashford (MR). MR is overall faster and might have the harder shoot but CP is overall the better player, technically better, can do more on small/little space, better dribblings. Utd. should try to sign him, he would be a good addition to the squad, upgrade to current player (although local), pluses in marketing (US market) and you would p*ss on a direct competitor.

Rocknrolla69er

I think Sancho is gettable especially as we now have rid of Mourinho, I think the pull of the premier league as well as hopefully a more attractive style of play from United could sway it.

Rashford and Sancho on the wings with Greenwood coming through

Il say it again throw a £50m bid in see what happens

ayushreddevil9

The thing is he's on a much longer contract and will cost at least twice as much, it's going to be very difficult to get Sancho anytime soon I think.
We can and should break the bank for the hottest English prospect.

ayushreddevil9

I am always right even when I'm wrong ;), but seriously. Liverpool doesn't have strong headers in attack that makes sence to play all to many crosses. Therefor it's natural that Mane plays on LW that he can turn inside an shoot with his strong right food, same goes for Salah on RW.
I'd compare Pulisic (CP) with Rashford (MR). MR is overall faster and might have the harder shoot but CP is overall the better player, technically better, can do more on small/little space, better dribblings. Utd. should try to sign him, he would be a good addition to the squad, upgrade to current player (although local), pluses in marketing (US market) and you would p*ss on a direct competitor.
I prefer Sancho. Pulisic is great and now we can sign these types of players coz the miserable one is gone but I would like the club to sign the next English wonderkid

C'mon FC

Supports
1. FC Köln
I prefer Sancho. Pulisic is great and now we can sign these types of players coz the miserable one is gone but I would like the club to sign the next English wonderkid
Sancho seems to be a smart kid with a good advisor. I believe he will stay 2 (1.5) more years in Dortmund and then go wherever it pleases him. Depending where Utd. stands then might be back to Manchester.

Infra-red

I'd rather have Sancho anyway, young and a brave English lion. Plus he's better at the old football thing too, but that's not as important as him being a brave English lion, obviously.
It's not really a choice though. Pulisic is for sale and will move this summer, Sancho will not.

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Shaqiri is far better a player for them than Pulisic would be as of right now, he's been very good for them so far - coming from the bench, and I say that as a BVB fan! Pulisic would be a project signing for Liverpool if they indeed are interested. He'd not get any more playing time there than he does at Dortmund. And certainly not ahead of Shaqiri.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I never knew that she could dance like that

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I think Sancho is gettable especially as we now have rid of Mourinho, I think the pull of the premier league as well as hopefully a more attractive style of play from United could sway it.

I'll give you a clue what would happen, likely Michael Zorc and Aki Watzke would need medical treatment from laughing so hard.

They have no need to sell him, let alone for a small fee.

Fosu-Mens

I'll give you a clue what would happen, likely Michael Zorc and Aki Watzke would need medical treatment from laughing so hard.

They have no need to sell him, let alone for a small fee.
£100m +/-. If we still had MhikiT then he could have been offered the other way and lowered the price a bit, but we wasted him on Sanchez....

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello

And I'll say it once - you must be on crack to think that we'll get Sancho for £50m.

Rocknrolla69er

And I'll say it once - you must be on crack to think that we'll get Sancho for £50m.
It’s called opening discussions or would you rather we just said here heres £120m have our pants down , have you learned nothing from our recruitment lately?

Your mentality is why we need a sporting director

No where in my post did I mention we’l get him for £50m let’s not get flighty

Elite Intelligence

Supports
Arsenal
I don't buy that one bit. You can be a Robben talent coming through and a Messi level talent slightly younger shows up and takes your place.....a given player being more talented than you doesn't suddenly make you over hyped and less of player than you are.
You're right about that, I think Pulisic is overrated and not Robben type talent, tier below that

Last edited by a moderator:

rzoroLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Not fussed by pulisic, big time overrated. Looks a good player but not as good as the hype.

C'mon FC

Supports
1. FC Köln
Shaqiri is far better a player for them than Pulisic would be as of right now, he's been very good for them so far - coming from the bench, and I say that as a BVB fan! Pulisic would be a project signing for Liverpool if they indeed are interested. He'd not get any more playing time there than he does at Dortmund. And certainly not ahead of Shaqiri.
I can't say anthing about playing time cause I don't know what Kloppo's plans are, but last season CP had lots of time on the field and he was performing.
On mid term I could see CP in the first 11, when Mane leaves to Real for example. Shakira is "only" a no 12-16 player in a topclub.
Currently I agree with your judgement of Shakira and CP but on mid/long term I believe CP has overall the better offer.

PS: Wanted to post yesterday but already reached my limit for the day.

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I can't say anthing about playing time cause I don't know what Kloppo's plans are, but last season CP had lots of time on the field and he was performing.
On mid term I could see CP in the first 11, when Mane leaves to Real for example. Shakira is "only" a no 12-16 player in a topclub.
Currently I agree with your judgement of Shakira and CP but on mid/long term I believe CP has overall the better offer.

PS: Wanted to post yesterday but already reached my limit for the day.
Not sure when Mane agreed to join Real, but if he has, with the sort of fee they'd get for him, they can set their targets higher than Pulisic I would imagine.

I honestly don't know what the future holds for Pulisic, maybe he will develop into a top player but as of right now, if Liverpool wanted a first 11 player, I can't see for a moment it would be him. That is why he would be a project player for a team like them. Shaqiri (or Shakira as you like to call him), would be my choice of the two for a top club right now, and for the forseeable future, they'll get far more production out of him than they would Pulisic. Long term? Maybe Pulisic will develop, but it's still a long way off, that's just my opinion. Signing Pulisic offers no guarantee for anyone. But if a club can work with him, sure, the talent is there to be tapped.

But like I say, I have no idea how things will go for him, but maybe a change of club is the best thing.

C'mon FC

Supports
1. FC Köln
Not sure when Mane agreed to join Real, but if he has, with the sort of fee they'd get for him, they can set their targets higher than Pulisic I would imagine.

I honestly don't know what the future holds for Pulisic, maybe he will develop into a top player but as of right now, if Liverpool wanted a first 11 player, I can't see for a moment it would be him. That is why he would be a project player for a team like them. Shaqiri (or Shakira as you like to call him), would be my choice of the two for a top club right now, and for the forseeable future, they'll get far more production out of him than they would Pulisic. Long term? Maybe Pulisic will develop, but it's still a long way off, that's just my opinion. Signing Pulisic offers no guarantee for anyone. But if a club can work with him, sure, the talent is there to be tapped.

But like I say, I have no idea how things will go for him, but maybe a change of club is the best thing.
I think he decided already to leave BVB so we will see how it's turned out.

Regarding first 11. I only see few players who would currently join Pool and would be in the first 11 in attack. CP is 20 years old quite talented and he seems to be a good kid too. I am certain he will go his way becoming a strong player (maybe not worldclass).

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
What I've read in Germany is that Chelsea is open to making in a deal in January, but Pulisic would finish the season for Dortmund.
That's what they did with Robben back in 2004 if memory serves. Swooped in and snagged him from under the nose of United after the board had low-balled PSV, and allowed him to finish the season before moving on.

izec

How can 'here' be Liverpool on Red Cafe, the foremost Manchester United forum? Of course he was confused.
A Liverpool supporter saying here and meaning United would be weird, especially when the talk is of him going to them Or Liverpool being interested in him

Nick.

If we signed him we could capture the North American market for years to come which would probably make us notably more rich than we already are. But is he actually good enough? To his credit, at least he's an actual right winger which we need, but I would like somebody who tends to drift inside now that our full backs have license to get forward and be the primary source of width.

PieCrust

I'd love United to get him. I've been watching him for the past 3 years and really believe he could turn into the real deal. He has the right mentality unlike say a player like Landon Donovan. But really just don't want to see him sign for Liverpool as I'd have to start watching some of their matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.