Film Christopher Nolan's 'Oppenheimer'

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I would be amazed if the studio has let Nolan shoot the full film in black & white. Which is a shame as a all black & white imax movie would be nice to see.

As for the film itself, Cillian Murphy will be brilliant but Nolan hasn’t got a political bone in his body and that’s needed for a story like this(At best Nolan seem to be a boring Cameron/New Labour type tory).

Still I like the guy, as he genuinely cares about films as an art form, so I hold out hope it will be an interesting film. Also in about 10 years time people will love Tenet and talk about it as a masterpiece. It’s Nolan taking his shtick to extreme lengths, which is something.
Wasn't Mad Max Thunder Road released as a black and white version for IMAX?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Not sure how they’re going to make this interesting. Seems like such a vanilla and cliched storey to pick.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Not sure how they’re going to make this interesting. Seems like such a vanilla and cliched storey to pick.
The only thing concerning is the length of 2hrs and 30 min and whether the subject matter will hold an audience for that long, or whether it will end up like Dunkirk.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
That's a valid concern I think. The film is almost certainly going to be about a man talented enough to do something but forced to deal with the repercussions of what that action might involve / create for him and others.

Will such an established theme be enough to elevate the film? Possibly in comparison to your average blockbuster but maybe not more than that.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
The only thing concerning is the length of 2hrs and 30 min and whether the subject matter will hold an audience for that long, or whether it will end up like Dunkirk.
I went to the same place where that guy got the Game of Thrones leaks and I've come up with a timeline for the movie;

0:00 - wide angled shot filmed from a helicopter of some beautifully framed desert. Voice over of Cillian Murphy taking about the power of man and science and shit.

0:20 - Flashback. Michael Caine dressed up as Hitler says "jah, mein guvnor innit" a lot.

2:25 - Car chase between Oppenheimer and nuclear explosion. Oppenheimer falls into the centre of nuclear explosion. Rips off the final scene from Sunshine.

2:30 - Cillian Murphy hangs dong.

2:30 - Credits. OPPENHEIMER.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I went to the same place where that guy got the Game of Thrones leaks and I've come up with a timeline for the movie;

0:00 - wide angled shot filmed from a helicopter of some beautifully framed desert. Voice over of Cillian Murphy taking about the power of man and science and shit.

0:20 - Flashback. Michael Caine dressed up as Hitler says "jah, mein guvnor innit" a lot.

2:25 - Car chase between Oppenheimer and nuclear explosion. Oppenheimer falls into the centre of nuclear explosion. Rips off the final scene from Sunshine.

:lol:

Scandi Red

Hates Music.

Dude, spoiler that shit!!

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I'm skeptical of Nolan these days, but Cillian Murphy playing Oppenheimer might actually draw me back to the theater.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I'm skeptical of Nolan these days, but Cillian Murphy playing Oppenheimer might actually draw me back to the theater.
It happens from time to time where Directors tail off at points in their careers. Tarantino's last two films for example, would probably not excite his fans that much either.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
I don't think this movie will satisfy most Nolan fans. He didn't make it for them. It'll be a historical drama, enjoyed most by people who know a fair bit about the Manhattan Project and how a group of passionate scientists changed the world.

I don't know much about Dunkirk, for example, so all the little back stories never told in the movie didn't help me enjoy it. It wasn't bad, it was just a bit meh.

That's how most would probably respond to Oppenheimer.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I don't think this movie will satisfy most Nolan fans. He didn't make it for them. It'll be a historical drama, enjoyed most by people who know a fair bit about the Manhattan Project and how a group of passionate scientists changed the world.

I don't know much about Dunkirk, for example, so all the little back stories never told in the movie didn't help me enjoy it. It wasn't bad, it was just a bit meh.

I wonder why Nolan hasn't combined both styles yet. (Alternative) history with weird magicy quirks.

Suv666

Pretty underwhelming trailer tbh looks mediocre. The only redeeming feature seems to be Murphy who looks like he saw just his parents having sex.

Sweet Square

Yeah the trailer makes it look like the worlds most expensive BBC One drama.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
The subject matter is fascinating but I can't help but fear it's gonna be dull crap like the latest couple of Nolan flicks.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I enjoyed Dunkirk. It was a refreshing contrast to see Nolan produce a piece that was more linear and grounded.
TENET, interesting concept but the execution and character was lacking.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I enjoyed Dunkirk. It was a refreshing contrast to see Nolan produce a piece that was more linear and grounded.
TENET, interesting concept but the execution and character was lacking.
TENET is the only movie I ever stopped watching because I had no fecking clue what was taking place on the screen.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
TENET is the only movie I ever stopped watching because I had no fecking clue what was taking place on the screen.
I'm all for interesting and creative idea's/concepts on time , and we all know Nolan is obsessed with the subject, but TENET was abit much, I agree.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I'm all for interesting and creative idea's/concepts on time , and we all know Nolan is obsessed with the subject, but TENET was abit much, I agree.
I adored ‘Inception’ so much I saw it in the cinema on the day it premiered & went back twice the following week. For a more left brained individual, it was out there just far enough for me to love it initially & find new things the subsequent viewings. It certainly made me think every time.

I had similar hopes for TENET but punted an hour in. Completely out of my depth.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I adored ‘Inception’ so much I saw it in the cinema on the day it premiered & went back twice the following week. For a more left brained individual, it was out there just far enough for me to love it initially & find new things the subsequent viewings. It certainly made me think every time.

I had similar hopes for TENET but punted an hour in. Completely out of my depth.
I watched Tenet with someone who had seen it before, who explained a couple of things as they happened. Without that, I may have not understood what was going on.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Yea tenet was a clusterfeck. Didnt have a clue what was happening and why they had to wear the masks.