City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches

RyRoc

Points deduction is horseshit!!! It only benefits Arsenal dickheads! What about all other clubs who were competing for the PL all these seasons while the dodgy feckers were cheating? Then they should do points deduction across all those seasons or take their titles anything else is sickening.

But what will happen? Their owners will bribe everyone involved an shut them down.
This will go on and on and city will be given the opportunity to appeal it. Absolutely no chance there will be a points deduction for this season imo.

Castia

They'll throw 80 lawyers at the PL and have them prove every little detail whilst threatening with counter suits just like they did last time

They can barely sell out the Etihad and their global fanbase is non existent it's always hilarious seeing them at the top of most of the financial charts

Mike Smalling

I don't follow. An ill-gotten squad that shouldn't have been allowed to assemble in the first place won league titles; why should they be allowed to keep them?

They should be punished retrospectively and also be actively punished as well given this isn't a first with them.
This is just a personal opinion, but I don't think messing up the history books with stuff like this does anyone any good. Let's say we were suddenly the winners of the 17/18 season. Besides some changes to title counts and trophy cabinets, do you think any of the players and managers would really care? Do you think City's squad of that year will feel less like winners, and do you think our squad would feel more like winners? These seasons are done and dusted - let's move on.

This opinion extends to other sports, by the way. Andy Schleck may officially be the winner of the 2010 Tour de France, but I guarantee you that he doesn't feel like he's won it.

So, I would be much more in favor of some harsh punishments going forward.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Ok when you wake up and after all these earthquakes signalling big clubs have outgrown local leagues pretty much everywhere, you will find Barcelona on the same side of, surprise surprise, the “cheats” of today. Ciao.
You still do not give arguments or evidence of the subject about Barcelona that you have started. I have asked you for arguments and you have told me to wake up and other disrespect.
To talk about any topic you need mainly 2 things: education and knowing what you are talking about.

The Firestarter

They should be stripped of these titles. They basically did this from the get go. If such owners ever take over United I am done with this sport

TheReligion

Abusive
We got fined for the way we refused to cooperate with UEFA, years after the alleged breaches because the trust between the two parties had completely broken down. We got exonorated for all the charges that weren't time-barred, and those time-barred got turned down automatically. There were no indication that we would end up getting charged for them if it wasn't for the the fact that they were barred.

I'm no lawyer, but from what I understand fraudulent accounting is not able to be time-barred so this new case will be different, the charges are also way more expansive. Im holding my breath until more comes to light but can't help feelingen the club has shot itself in the leg.
Yep these charges can’t be time barred.

You’re finished.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
If stripped of titles, what’ll be the score between United and Pool?
saw a tweet from a journo that figures close to the investigation don't think any titles will be stripped but they'll be punished going forward. So what's the moral of the story, cheat (allegedly), win, and keep your winnings. In every other sport, people are stripped of their medals, heck Serie A did it but of course City will get away with it.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
If the average caf posters knew about them cheating why did it take PL 9 years to act on it? let them win titles first? wankers. Whatever happens now they have won those titles.
Because:
They'll throw 80 lawyers at the PL and have them prove every little detail whilst threatening with counter suits just like they did last time

They can barely sell out the Etihad and their global fanbase is non existent it's always hilarious seeing them at the top of most of the financial charts
And that's probably how the story will end. They probably have a hoard of people making it look legit, or at least confusing enough not to get charged. I'd be surprised if there's a punishment that really hits them.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
This is just a personal opinion, but I don't think messing up the history books with stuff like this does anyone any good. Let's say we were suddenly the winners of the 17/18 season. Besides some changes to title counts and trophy cabinets, do you think any of the players and managers would really care? Do you think City's squad of that year will feel less like winners, and do you think our squad would feel more like winners? These seasons are done and dusted - let's move on.

This opinion extends to other sports, by the way. Andy Schleck may officially be the winner of the 2010 Tour de France, but I guarantee you that he doesn't feel like he's won it.

Do Juventus' players from the Calciopoli season claim that Seria A Scudetto? A lot of them won trophies elsewhere but for players like Walker, Ederson, de Bruyne they haven't won much or anything outside of City

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

The history books matter though, and the 19 other teams fighting for the league shouldn't suffer because City cheated.

Reactions: Fortitude

cyberman

Yep these charges can’t be time barred.

You’re finished.
I’m asking the impossible here but does opening up the evidence leave the option of more action being taken elsewhere based on evidence that wasn’t available?
Ronaldo has a case against Juve about wages that stalled because he wasn’t allowed to collect evidence from Juves side but their shit show has opened the books and it’s allowed to proceed again

Robertd0803

Cheating shits. We all knew it.

Strip them of everything and relegate them to the Conference League.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
They can have the titles but ban them for 25-40 years from PL, playing in the lowest tier.

Oranges038

I don't expect any major punishment. Like points deductions or stripping them of titles.

Meaningless fine and a ruffle of the hair telling them they are cheeky little scamps and not to do it again.

FujiVice

This is just a personal opinion, but I don't think messing up the history books with stuff like this does anyone any good. Let's say we were suddenly the winners of the 17/18 season. Besides some changes to title counts and trophy cabinets, do you think any of the players and managers would really care?
I think Jose Mourinho certainly would! Open top bus.

Member 125398

I’m asking the impossible here but does opening up the evidence leave the option of more action being taken elsewhere based on evidence that wasn’t available?
Ronaldo has a case against Juve about wages that stalled because he wasn’t allowed to collect evidence from Juves side but their shit show has opened the books and it’s allowed to proceed again
You'd think other clubs would be able to sue for loss of earnings.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
They will certainly get heavy point deduction or relegation
Have to admit i found it weird they were topping revenue charts. I see some of their fans thinking they will win this as they won the CAS/Uefa case. This is completely different...

Also asking do the league have proof.... id fecking expect so :lol: :lol:

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
They’ll just get a “hefty” fine. Which will only delay another ten 50 million pounds purchase of players.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I don't expect any major punishment. Like points deductions or stripping them of titles.

Meaningless fine and a ruffle of the hair telling them they are cheeky little scamps and not to do it again.
Casemiro banned for another 3 games

TheReligion

Abusive
We may well be, we all know very little about anything don't we.
Pep will walk and not even sure Mansoor will stay involved. You will also be under a lot more scrutiny so what’s the point for the owners?

Keep your fingers crossed they don’t relegate you as say goodbye to the top players…

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
The FA release this just when Arsenal are about to play them?

"Chill guys, nobody breathing down your necks"

Feck off

TheReligion

Abusive
Have to admit i found it weird they were topping revenue charts. I see some of their fans thinking they will win this as they won the CAS/Uefa case. This is completely different...

Also asking do the league have proof.... id fecking expect so :lol: :lol:
They won the last case by default as much of the evidence was time barred and lost. They still had to accept guilt and paid 10m.

No such issues here as time barring not a factor.

Chief123

Pts deduction is out of the question. PL will not want the title race to be over with 18 games to go.
Sky sports are already reporting that this is likely to take a long time to come to a conclusion. Very unlikely anything happens this season apparently as it’s likely to run into next season.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
If stripped of titles, what’ll be the score between United and Pool?
If it goes from 2009-2022.

2009/10 - Chelsea
2010/11 - Manchester Utd
2011/12 - Manchester City Manchester Utd
2012/13 - Manchester Utd
2013/14 - Manchester City Liverpool
2014/15 - Chelsea
2015/16 - Leicester
2016/17 - Chelsea
2017/18 - Manchester City Manchester Utd
2018/19 - Manchester City Liverpool
2019/20 - Liverpool
2020/21 - Manchester City Manchester Utd
2021/22 - Manchester City Liverpool

Amazingly it would only affect Utd and Liverpool and give both 3 titles each.

New standing would be

Manchester United - 23 times
Liverpool - 22 times

TheReligion

Abusive
Sky sports are already reporting that this is likely to take a long time to come to a conclusion. Very unlikely anything happens this season apparently as it’s likely to run into next season.
Fully expect them to be relegated in the summer