City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches

aganley

Even when they are found not guilty, public opinion of them will also be a cheating small time club.

FujiVice

I know its all fun and games because its City and its funny to see any kind of shit thrown at them, but genuinely they are a disgrace to the game. who they feck do they think they are exactly? The last 15 years has been bought by these fraudsters. What a clown show this game is for not only allowing them to do it, but continue to. No club in the country should stand for this.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
So what are the theoretical options and how do we feel about them? This is so fun we should do a poll @mods

1) City are stripped of the titles in question and the title goes to the 2nd placed team.
2) City are stripped of the titles in question and there is no title winner for those league campaigns.
3) City are relegated from the EFL and in effect start from scratch.
4) City are deducted 30 points at the start of next season and barred from transfer activity for 2 years.
5) City are deducted 30 points this season and given a 2 year transfer ban.
6) The other 19 clubs get to design their kit for the next 10 years and bestow an official name for their stadium to be used for a minimum of 10 years and deducted 30 points from next season and given a two year transfer ban.

Dansk

According to this, they can't appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sports. Interesting.

For the first time ever, I actually have a feeling that something might really be done about City's unapologetic corruption.

Robertd0803

I know its all fun and games because its City and its funny to see any kind of shit thrown at them, but genuinely they are a disgrace to the game. who they feck do they think they are exactly? The last 15 years has been bought by these fraudsters. What a clown show this game is for not only allowing them to do it, but continue to. No club in the country should stand for this.
Damn right.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Just had a quick look over at BlueMoon to gauge the feeling.

1 or 2 sensible lads saying if they have done anything wrong, need to face up to the punishment.

The rest are all on the racial element towards UAE, ‘100 is such a convenient number’ or ‘it’s all just a conspiracy against us’ bandwagon.

Deluded. Your club is a hollow, fraudulent, book cooking steaming turd. Deal with it.

Ten Lasso

This, ladies and gentleman, is how you get to the top of the Deloitte table. Shocked.

Last edited:

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
What's fecked is that they still get to do whatever they want since this is going to take ages to resolve. They won't get penalized this season I think.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

1 or 2 sensible lads saying if they have done anything wrong, need to face up to the punishment.

The rest are all on the racial element towards UAE, ‘100 is such a convenient number’ or ‘it’s all just a conspiracy against us’ bandwagon.

Deluded. Your club is a hollow, fraudulent, book cooking steaming turd. Deal with it.
My personal favourite was the one saying it's some coincidence that it's come out on the anniversary of Munich.

IT'S A RAGSPIRACY!

Orion.

Apparently Yaya Toure and his agent have been key witnesses for the PL regarding dodgy payments etc

what a circus

Dansk

So what are the theoretical options and how do we feel about them?
1) City are stripped of the titles in question and the title goes to the 2nd placed team.
2) City are stripped of the titles in question and there is no title winner for those league campaigns.
I think this sort of thing is usually reserved for cases of literal interference with matches (matchfixing, bribing officials, etc.) and is an unrealistic expectation in this instance.

This is the harshest thing that can realistically happen. I'm skeptical, but I do consider it within the realm of possibility.

4) City are deducted 30 points at the start of next season and barred from transfer activity for 2 years.
I think there's a legitimate chance of something like this. Couldn't say whether a points deduction would apply to this season or the next. If it's this season, it would unfortunately give Liverpool an undeserved way into the CL. It would also hand the title to Arsenal which might be seen as too big an interference in the season's outcome, so I could see it happening next season instead.

At this point, with the amount of attention there is on this and how tired everyone in England is of City making a mockery of the sport, I think the punishment has to be more than just a fine. It might end up being nothing more than a transfer ban, which would be disappointing, but I do feel that'll be the barest minimum that the PL can do and not essentially destroy their own credibility. This is a lot bigger than previous cases of financial irregularities, so if City get off with a meaningless fine, the English league will be the laughing stock of all football.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
According to this, they can't appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sports. Interesting.

For the first time ever, I actually have a feeling that something might really be done about City's unapologetic corruption.
Don't fall for the bait. The PL might be drafting a new set of rules as we speak. They need to do something about the stack of brown envelopes that suddenly appeared on their front door today.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
What have Newcastle done so far to be corrupt? If anything this will make sure they don't think about it in the future.
Ownership structure. You can’t be a nation states front man, sportswashing gig. It’s unfair, and was exactly the kind of thing the government said would not be allowed. Sportswashing - cleaning up the image of a corrupt regime by hi profile and glorious sport’s achievements and associations with international success. You need to inject lots of money. You need to dope. You need to distort the market with absurd fees. In city’s case they are accused of cheating more blatantly. But the core problem is ownership structure which needs regulation on a government level. Lots of skullduggery behind the scenes got us here.

Infestissumam

always playing the victims. Imagine being accused of over a 100 (ONE HUNDRED!!!) breaches and immediately go to the default "they're all racist and out to get us" :houllier:

Not that I'm surprised anymore, but it really is astonishing how deluded football fans can be.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive

I think this sort of thing is usually reserved for cases of literal interference with matches (matchfixing, bribing officials, etc.) and is an unrealistic expectation in this instance.

This is the harshest thing that can realistically happen. I'm skeptical, but I do consider it within the realm of possibility.

I think there's a legitimate chance of something like this. Couldn't say whether a points deduction would apply to this season or the next. If it's this season, it would unfortunately give Liverpool an undeserved way into the CL. It would also hand the title to Arsenal which might be seen as too big an interference in the season's outcome, so I could see it happening next season instead.

At this point, with the amount of attention there is on this and how tired everyone in England is of City making a mockery of the sport, I think the punishment has to be more than just a fine. It might end up being nothing more than a transfer ban, which would be disappointing, but I do feel that'll be the barest minimum that the PL can do and not essentially destroy their own credibility. This is a lot bigger than previous cases of financial irregularities, so if City get off with a meaningless fine, the English league will be the laughing stock of all football.
1) Hate this idea. Feels hollow.

2) Much better, leaves a hole for the fans to remember what a disgustingly corrupt club they have

3) This is the Rangers approach. I doubt it’ll be this.

4) Quite appealing.

5) Would rather they get shafted next season, doubt anything will be fished out this season anyway, will be a very long drawn out affair.

feck it, double it and make it 40pts. Make them have to have a good season to even scrape 40pts to be safe from relegation. fecking box office.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

Yeah, I think the stripping of titles would open up a can of worms too. I made a thread for this so as not to derail this one with a singular focus.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Don't fall for the bait. The PL might be drafting a new set of rules as we speak. They need to do something about the stack of brown envelopes that suddenly appeared on their front door today.
The PL have been investigating this for 4 years. They want blood.

Giggs' right foot

Alot of the corruption stuff comes from then and it used to back it up. For example the famous Aabar letter/email where they are paying us £12m in sponsorship but like £11m is supposed to come from Mansour according to its wording (my numbers aren't exact) That email is from pre-ffp but used as a legit argument for inflated sponsorship (which if admissable it totally is). City won't be punished for anything ffp related pre2011 but maybe withholding documents etc..

Where we are likely to go down is the 2012-15 period.
Cheers. What do you reckon a. will be the outcome of all this, and b. what should be the outcome?

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
So what are the theoretical options and how do we feel about them? This is so fun we should do a poll @mods

6) The other 19 clubs get to design their kit for the next 10 years and bestow an official name for their stadium to be used for a minimum of 10 years and deducted 30 points from next season and given a two year transfer ban.
7. All of the above.
Fixed it for you.