City and Mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Seriously, look at the crudely scribbled blue moons on that banner. It's hilarious.
They got it wrong didn't they? A blue moon is the 2nd full moon in a single solar calender month. They are using crescent moons. Idiots can't even get their nickname right.

Also, wouldn't it be about right to say that City's performance v Wigan in the FA Cup final about summed up their season. They expected to walk easily to a title only to be surprised along the way by a lesser team.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I like the commitment he made to the letter 'S' in the word 'STAY', and as the word continued he gradually lost interest. He may as well not have bothered with 'Y'.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
I like the commitment he made to the letter 'S' in the word 'STAY', and as the word continued he gradually lost interest. He may as well not have bothered with 'Y'.
To be fair to him he looks like he might get tired easily.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Frankly, he's done a terrible job this season and managers have been sacked for much less. Last season he was bailed out by our collapse, otherwise we'd be talking about them bottling a great chance to win the league. Still they needed QPR to find out Bolton hadn't won and relax a bit in the final game of season to get a win, I firmly believe that if Stoke hadn't equalised QPR would have gone on to at least draw that game.

He's spent a fortune and has built a good but not great side. They've been shown up in Europe two years in a row, they'll finish at least 10 points behind United in the league and they were beaten by Wigan in a cup final that they didn't look up for at all. They seem to have major motivation issues and you can't help but blame the manager for a big part of that.

I don't know. Mourino spent a fortune to build a title-winning Chelsea side but at least that team looked formidable. This City team looks a bit meh to me, apart from Silva, Kompany and Aguero it's just a collection of decent expensive overpaid players.

Zen

Don't know why this is getting so incredibly slated......he's kind of not that good. Had it vaguely easy at Inter, which Jose proved should of been more....and well 2 trophies here isn't good for his time and money spent. Chelsea have sacked better managers for doing far better.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
He's tactically strong I'd say, he just lacks motivational qualities. And a motivator is so important when you've a team of mercenaries.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Don't know why this is getting so incredibly slated......he's kind of not that good. Had it vaguely easy at Inter, which Jose proved should of been more....and well 2 trophies here isn't good for his time and money spent. Chelsea have sacked better managers for doing far better.
And that's supposed to be something to aspire to or something?

Chelsea are the biggest joke in England when it comes to managers.

talking robot

i think city would have been better off taking a longer term approach that more resembles the united philosophy. they should have given him 5 or 6 years to construct something. he's been very successful since coming in, and what they would gain in continuity surely outweighs any benefit in firing him.

Dominos

Pellegrini is in pretty much the same mould as Mancini, so I won't be too worried if he's the man they're replacing him with.
Based on what exactly? They're both foreign?

Doesn't surprise me on here mind, Moyes is "cut from the same cloth" as Fergie apparently, based on little other than them both being Scottish and a bit angry.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
According to a BBC reporter, they are giving him a compensation of 28m. Woah.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

Doesn't surprise me on here mind, Moyes is "cut from the same cloth" as Fergie apparently, based on little other than them both being Scottish and a bit angry.
You don't have to be a cock in every other post of yours.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

As in they're two overrated managers who will be found wanting when it really matters.

And don't be so patronising, you git. Or are you on another level to the posters on here?

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
According to a BBC reporter, they are giving him a compensation of 28m. Woah.
:eek: didn't he sign a 5 year contract last year?

Ridiculous really, he deserved at least 1 more season. City's owners are stupid if they believe a manager must win a trophy every year or be sacked.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
:eek: didn't he sign a 5 year contract last year?

Ridiculous really, he deserved at least 1 more season. City's owners are stupid if they believe a manager must win a trophy every year or be sacked.
They all do it.

Liverpool, Chelsea, City, even Southampton.

And who's to say we won't do it if David Moyes doesn't deliver the goods.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
They all do it.

Liverpool, Chelsea, City, even Southampton.

And who's to say we won't do it if David Moyes doesn't deliver the goods.
Liverpool other than Hodgson give their managers plenty of time. To compare United to Chelsea, City and Southampton is ridiculous. Moyes becomes only our 20th manager in the entire clubs history. He won't be treat like City and Chelsea treat their managers.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Crazy world. 28m for being rubbish? that could buy 14 thousands of that mini RV Grinner wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.