Clash PSG - Real Madrid| Sir Alex Ferguson, Ronaldo and Beckham to attend the Game | It rains :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

Tie was over from first leg anyway.

All the money spent and this is a result. Ridiculous.

el3mel

World cup is still 3 months ahead. Don't think it will be that bad to miss it. Will probably return before end of the season, by end of May or something.

Canagel

They should send him to Pep's doctor. Will have him back in no time. After all Sane took a week to recover from an ankle ligament injury.

thejtrain

At least PSG have their excuse. They were never going to make it after the first leg result anyway.
Really? Madrid are way too shaky defensively and PSG are capable of scoring at will. Sure it be difficult to overturn a 2-goal deficit, but it's not impossible.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Really? Madrid are way too shaky defensively and PSG are capable of scoring at will. Sure it be difficult to overturn a 2-goal deficit, but it's not impossible.
PSG aren't exactly titans defensively either. If Real can score a goal, PSG would need to score 3 for extra time, 4 to go through without. If Real score 2 then PSG would need to score 5 goals.

At the time I made that post, I forgot Real Madrid are likely to miss quite a few first teamers but Neymar is a huge loss - 29 goals and 17 assists in 29 games. His likely replacement, Di Maria, has been fairly productive this season (14 goals and 15 assists in 30 games) but nothing against any notable teams.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Madrid are miles off the pace in their league.
By that same token, all that's left to redeem their season is the Champion's League, which makes them more dangerous.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Even if he plays, I can't see him being in good condition.
PSG are fecked.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
You only hate top players getting injured?

Any player getting injured is not nice. It doesn’t matter how good they are.
It's not like I wish injury upon them though. Ultimately I don't really care if a Dwight Gayle or Mark Noble gets injured. If a Neymar, Messi, Ronaldo, Hazard level player gets injured it kinda pisses me off because they bring so much joy from watching them play.

ti vu

PSG should still be expected to win at home against Madrid.
The question is whether they get the desired result to advance. For example 1-0 victory doesn't mean anything for them. With player of Neymar caliber, it's reasonable to say their chance is better. Of course, football is unpredictable

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
From my impression of the first leg Marcelo is a bigger loss for Madrid than Neymar for PSG.

ti vu

From my impression of the first leg Marcelo is a bigger loss for Madrid than Neymar for PSG.
I would agree if the first leg result was tighter. In this case, PSG needs to overcome 2 goals deficit while not letting thing out of hand by concede 1+ goals in this second leg. PSG needs that extra firepower in a player like Neymar while Madrid lost a bit in defense and attack ain't the end of the world

Last edited:

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
This is in 9 days and Neymar just got stretchered off the pitch. Looked pretty serious.

David Luiz and Julio Cesar to sneak in during the pre game team photo bit at the Madrid game to hold up another Forca Neymar banner.

A-man

Even if Neymar is by far PSGs best player, I think it would have been worse for them to lose a central midfielder like Verratti. They have several good options for the offensive players, for example diMaria or Draxler.

I watched the game yesterday and was thinking why are they playing Neymar the full game. He got a lot of tackles and he is so important for them and one of the biggest game in the clubs history is coming up. I think it is just stupid.

I also saw Dani Alves at least breaking five bones in his leg judging by his gestures and screaming, but he miraculously recovered when the ref started the game again.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
At least PSG have their excuse. They were never going to make it after the first leg result anyway.
Welcome to the club of those who underrate the Neymar's greatness
No Barcelona 6-1 PSG without the on fire Neymar!

PSG need to get in touch with Pep and his medical team.
Indeed, Bayern and Barcelona have brilliant medical teams :devil:

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Marquinhos seems to be injured too so likely to get Kimpembe-Thiago Silva

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
We'll probably know tomorrow how serious it is. Marcelo, Modric, Kroos and Neymar all missing this game would be terrible.

Hopefully they all manage to recover even if they're not 100%.
Marcelo, Kroos and Modric will be OK against Paris for sure. Usual Spanish bluff

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Marcelo, Kroos and Modric will be OK against Paris for sure. Usual Spanish bluff
I think they’ll recover in time for the game but I doubt they’ll be at 100%.

What about Neymar? Any news in the french media?

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I think they’ll recover in time for the game but I doubt they’ll be at 100%.

What about Neymar? Any news in the french media?

Apparently, not an extremely severe injury, rather a twisting or wrenching injury. To be confirmed

Between 3 and 6 weeks I think

A-man

Marquinhos seems to be injured too so likely to get Kimpembe-Thiago Silva
That is a massive loss. Marquinhos stopped Ronaldo many times with his speed and smartness. Many will say that Thiago Silva is better but I have always thought he was a bit overrated. (Even though Zlatan has said he is the best defender in the world... but that they are also good friends)

Badenfutbolfan

Supports
Man city
Neymar or no, PSG lack the spine to beat Real.
I can't see anything other than Real beating them again. I think that the problem with PSG is their coach. Emery has a small club mentality, worked great when in Sevilla but when it comes down to european clashes with bigger clubs PSG will have that sense of being the inferior side and that is coming from their coach I think

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Neymar 1 month out according to Brazilian press and given PSG news release

Seij

PSG weren't going to go through with or without Neymar anyway. I guess Emery has an excuse now at least. Probably going to get sacked at the end of the season even with the excuse.

bebeanderson

Does a fissure in the 5th metatarsal make you slower long term? No, I’m not nervous at all as a Brazil fan :nervous:

Status
Not open for further replies.