Clash PSG - Real Madrid| Sir Alex Ferguson, Ronaldo and Beckham to attend the Game | It rains :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

The important thing for Neymar is that he wont miss his sisters birthday.

A-man

Now they say he needs surgery and will be gone for two months. I don't know how good the source is.
https://globoesporte.globo.com/fute...ai-operar-e-so-volta-aos-campos-em-maio.ghtml
There will be a press conference regarding this in about 20 minutes, guess we'll know better then.

edit: Now Emery denies that Neymar is going through a surgery, and also says there is a small possibility that he will play against Real Madrid.

Last edited:

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
How could there be "a small possibility that he will play against Real Madrid" when he has a fractured metatarsal? I thought that took a lot longer to recover from.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I thought Mbappe was so good he could score goals by blinking in the direction of the ball? Shouldn't be a problem for him to bag a few againsst Real.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He's out until May, no way he comes back for the return leg.

Unless this is all mind-games.

VBI

Supports
Celtic, Barca
What an enormously odd decision from PSG to play him with their season defining match, the specific reason they bought him, only a week or so away. The fact that they had already made all their subs according to some report I read meant he was getting 90 minutes? Why not wrap him and a couple of others up safely, they have a giant points lead, they could afford a couple of losses, assuming that actually happened.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Class player but I wouldn’t like him here. That’s a circus that would drive even the most forgiving fan daft.
I agree he comes with a circus but can't be blamed over this. It's not his fault people are speculating about his injury.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I agree he comes with a circus but can't be blamed over this. It's not his fault people are speculating about his injury.
I get that but he’d be on about leaving every second month. Would drive me mental. Then again if we were winning major competitions again who knows... just those few summers with Ronaldo and Madrid were enough of that for me!

A-man

How could there be "a small possibility that he will play against Real Madrid" when he has a fractured metatarsal? I thought that took a lot longer to recover from.
I don't think there is any chance at all, it is just mind games. If there is a fracture, that is.

What an enormously odd decision from PSG to play him with their season defining match, the specific reason they bought him, only a week or so away. The fact that they had already made all their subs according to some report I read meant he was getting 90 minutes? Why not wrap him and a couple of others up safely, they have a giant points lead, they could afford a couple of losses, assuming that actually happened.
It was very odd. He took a lot of tackles in is game, and I was thinking several times that it was risky to keep him and some other stars on the pitch. They had already won the match and the league and their bench is better than all other teams together anyway.

Red00012

Madrid lost tonight albeit without Ronaldo who was rested, I don’t think the tie is over but I can see Madrid scoring there which would mean PSG would need 3 goals, whether they can do it without Neymar is asking a lot I think as good as Mbappe and Cavani are.

Last edited by a moderator:

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Class player but I wouldn’t like him here. That’s a circus that would drive even the most forgiving fan daft.
You don't want one of the top 3 players in the World, at your club? :wenger:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
You don't want one of the top 3 players in the World, at your club? :wenger:
I think he's too much drama as well. Amazing player but I'd rather it be United instead of FC Neymar. If I'd see him argue with teammates over penalties and constantly read about how he is moving to this and that club. Couldn't stand it.

bebeanderson

When has Neymar talked about leaving? People who believe in L'Equipe and The Sun and say "I wouldn't want Neymar here" really have to be kidding me.

A-man

Madrid lost tonight albeit without Ronaldo who was rested, I don’t think the tie is over but I can see Madrid scoring there which would mean PSG would need 3 goals, whether they can do it without Neymar is asking a lot I think as good as Mbappe and Cavani are.
It was a poor game. I think, however, there were 6 players who started against PSG, who did not participate yesterday. Ronaldo, Modric, Kroos, Casemiro, Benzema (came in as sub) and Marcelo, on top of my head. Not saying that the other players are poor, as some of them are world class players, but it was a totally different team who played against PSG last time.

Ronaldo, Casemiro, Marcelo, Modric and Kroos were not even on the bench. I know the last three are injured, but does anybody know what has happened to Ronaldo and Casemiro?

Edit: seems like Ronaldo was just rested. Maybe Zidane learned something from Neymar's injury. Interview with Zidane:

"I don't know how many years he went without stopping,...

But now the moment has come where it's necessary for him and for everyone for him to not play from time to time."

Last edited:

United never give up

People who say "I wouldn't have Neymar here" are kidding themselves

He is the best dribbler in the world.

Better than Messi (at dribbling), he overtook Messi in that regard 2 years ago

@Lay

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
So, it's the 4th season in a row where he's been injured in a week including the 11th March i.e. his sisters birthday.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
I know but he has zero loyalty.
What motivation does any footballer playing out of their country, have to be loyal. They're just employees after all. Now if its someone like Messi and the club have sponsored his anti-midget treatment, then there'll be a case for loyalty. But most footballers are mercenaries and play for their future. Why should it bother Utd, when you were able to attract Sanchez, would you rather had him be loyal to Arsenal? Or should he have been loyal to Udinese that gave him his European break? I'll never understand why football is the only career path where the employees have to be loyal.

Trizy

So, it's the 4th season in a row where he's been injured in a week including the 11th March i.e. his sisters birthday.
He's actually injured this time. However, you can be 100% sure he wouldn't be in France for her birthday be it in his contract to get 1 match week off, a fake injury or suspension.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Emery says he doesn't require surgery, his father says he does.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Emery says he doesn't require surgery, his father says he does.
Father says: he is out for 6-8 weeks. It's stupid to think it's possible to see Neymar against Madrid Surgery? We will see. It depends on the doctors.
Emery: Not impossible to see him against Madrid.

You guess who is right and who is wrong

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Father says: he is out for 6-8 weeks. It's stupid to think it's possible to see Neymar against Madrid Surgery? We will see. It depends on the doctors.
Emery: Not impossible to see him against Madrid.

You guess who is right and who is wrong
His father will already be in negotiations with Madrid for a future transfer. It makes sense for him to put as much pressure as possible on Neymar to sit it out just to sweeten the deal with Florentino.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
His father will already be in negotiations with Madrid for a future transfer. It makes sense for him to put as much pressure as possible on Neymar to sit it out just to sweeten the deal with Florentino.
Their top priority is the World Cup

Neymar Sr said:

"PSG already know they will not have Neymar in the next few games, six weeks minimum, because this treatment will last six to eight weeks,"

"That is already certain, regardless of surgery. What we can't do is something that may cause a fracture in the future."

"Yes, of course he is out against Real Madrid. It is absurd if anybody thinks otherwise."

"We are waiting on PSG to settle this, where [surgery] will happen, it is not up to Neymar to decide,"

"It is not my decision, or his. I'm not a doctor, our family doesn't have any doctors.

"We have to wait on the club's decision, which they are waiting the right time to make, they are waiting the Brazilian national team doctor to arrive. Neymar will not decide this."

A-man

I thought daddy was in jail for stealing 40 Million euros.

spottieottiedopaliscious

ESPN Reporting:

PSG Statement
"After an initial treatment period of three days, in line with a strict medical protocol, a joint decision has been taken between the medical staffs of both PSG and the Brazil national team.

"In accordance with the player, it has been decided that Neymar will undergo surgery in Brazil at the end of this week.

"He will be operated on by doctor Rodrigo Lasmar and accompanied by PSG's Professor [Gerard] Saillant."

PSG have not stated how long Neymar will miss, but in an interview with ESPN Brazil, his father indicated that it will be somewhere between six to eight weeks.“

eat_grass

Sucks for him and PSG. Missing the return leg against Madrid in the Champions League is probably the worst situation they could imagine.

But Neymar sobbing on the pitch irked me a bit. We've all suffered sever ankle sprains, and bone fractures and know it hurts like a bitch, but come on man.

These NBA basketball players had full-blown leg, ankle, and forearm fractures and didn't shed a single tear:

Man up, kid.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.