g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Clash PSG - Real Madrid| Sir Alex Ferguson, Ronaldo and Beckham to attend the Game | It rains :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
@A-man

I agree with you. That said, there is no frustration amongst PSG fans who are "proud" (I don't like this term) of its history. After all, we're talking about a club established in 1970!

I think the beautiful city of paris might have been a bigger influence on the decisions. because competing for important trophies certainly wasn't.
I've read that his brother had considered PSG as the best springboard to join Barcelona later. So, it seems that the initial plan was 1) PSG 2) Barcelona.

The underlying rationale is sample: "A lot of Brazilian players were successful there so it's a good place to discover the European football".

You know it’s not the same. That being said, if PSG do manage to win day, 3/4 champions leagues in the next 10 years I’ll respect them because even with unlimited funds, it doesn’t guarantee the success.
Sure, suffice to look at Chelsea that did need 10 years to win a Champions League and City at the European stage in the last seasons.

gibers

Honestly can see PSG doing better without Nerman. So many times they had a one vs one on the right flank but Nerman overdribbled

I'd be tempted to go a 442 or a 433 with Mbappe and Di MAria as the inside forwards.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Ronaldinho is a shit example to make a case of how big PSG were. He turned down Dortmund because they were too big of a club and he wasn't sure he would make the jump. Him choosing PSG is more of a proof they were considered a smaller club on the european scale.

A-man

Honestly can see PSG doing better without Nerman. So many times they had a one vs one on the right flank but Nerman overdribbled
Could be that his dribbling is not so effective against Real as against Rennes, but now they need to beat the two-years-in-a-row CL champions with a newly awaken Ronaldo, and probably need to score at least 4 goals to do so. It’s not like they need a miracle, because it is really possible for them to win, but to win a go through they need something extra. I don’t like the guy, but Neymar is definitely that something extra.

kidbob

In the timeless words of RnB top class virtuoso legend Lemar, if there was any justice in the World both these clubs would fail to progress through the round. As, unfortunately the innately talented Lemar himself, there is no justice I'm rooting for PSG because I'll never forgive Madrid for taking Ronaldo. Never.

gibers

Could be that his dribbling is not so effective against Real as against Rennes, but now they need to beat the two-years-in-a-row CL champions with a newly awaken Ronaldo, and probably need to score at least 4 goals to do so. It’s not like they need a miracle, because it is really possible for them to win, but to win a go through they need something extra. I don’t like the guy, but Neymar is definitely that something extra.
It was effective because he got into great shooting positions and fluffed it and he also made the wrong decision closer to goal.

I agree it's a tall order.

gibers

In the timeless words of RnB top class virtuoso legend Lemar, if there was any justice in the World both these clubs would fail to progress through the round. As, unfortunately the innately talented Lemar himself, there is no justice I'm rooting for PSG because I'll never forgive Madrid for taking Ronaldo. Never.
But you forgive the man that forced the move?

Deleted member 101472

Ronaldinho is a shit example to make a case of how big PSG were. He turned down Dortmund because they were too big of a club and he wasn't sure he would make the jump. Him choosing PSG is more of a proof they were considered a smaller club on the european scale.
It’s ok, he knows deep down.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
At the time historically PSG were probably the fifth french club behind ASSE, OM, Bordeaux and Monaco. And while they aren't and weren't a small club they were maybe what Roma are today.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
According to Marca Modric,Kroos or both won't be in París.Personally I think that both will play,even if they are not at 100%.
PSG are good enough to get a 2-0 with or without Neymar.
After the match in Madrid the press wrote about how important was Asensio and how disappointed he was because of starting in the bench,so maybe he will start this time.
I imagine that Paris will want to impose a very high rhythm, so we will have to work hard and try to slow down. I would play with Asensio, Cristiano and Lucas Vázquez, since both can help

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Marcelo is in the matchday squad for tonight’s game vs Getafe, so will surely play against PSG.

Javi

I would play with Asensio, Cristiano and Lucas Vázquez, since both can help
Don't think that this will be politically possible. I can only see Bale starting on the bench. If I were to hazard a guess I'd even say that Madrid will start the game with the same line-up they played the first leg with although Isco isn't exactly flying high on form (class is permanent anyway ;)). One thing that won't work for sure, and Zidane knows it, is to sit back and try to not concede, no such option for Madrid with this group of players.

Javi

Marcelo is in the matchday squad for tonight’s game vs Getafe, so will surely play against PSG.
Hopefully. Nacho wouldn't be a a problem but my god would Theo be a disaster. This guy is not ready at all. I'm more than willing to give him another year, especially for a young player it can make a big difference to have settled and be accustomed to the environment but atm he's not much of an option really.

A-man

Ronaldo looks really good today! Doubt he will leave Paris without a goal.

Deleted member 101472

18 pages for the most predictable result in champions league history. Au Revoir, PSG

Deleted member 101472

Nice jinx attempt, guys. 8/10
Real Madrid and Ronaldo turning it up a gear is as likely a sporting feat as any. In fact, Almost as likely as PSG choking it on the biggest stage.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Real to cruise through and meet Tottenham.

Cue Tottenham fans being overconfident, not realising Real in the knockouts are a totally different animal.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Real Madrid and Ronaldo turning it up a gear is as likely a sporting feat as any. In fact, Almost as likely as PSG choking it on the biggest stage.
Well, I'm nervous as feck for this one. It's the only thing we've got left to win this season.

Deleted member 101472

Well, I'm nervous as feck for this one. It's the only thing we've got left to win this season.
Only natural I suppose. The joys of being a football fan eh, because almost all the variables suggest your team progresses but we all tend to focus on the negative.

1 + 8 = 11
2+5 = 7
3+2 = 5
8+5 = 13

Case in point

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
@Arbitrium I think everyone understands you hate PSG by now.

I'm sure you have more interesting things to do in your life than to keep slating a club you pretendedly give 0 fecks about.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Only natural I suppose. The joys of being a football fan eh, because almost all the variables suggest your team progresses but we all tend to focus on the negative.

1 + 8 = 11
2+5 = 7
3+2 = 5
8+5 = 13

Case in point
Errr...WTF!!!

Deleted member 101472

@Arbitrium I think everyone understands you hate PSG by now.

I'm sure you have more interesting things to do in your life than to keep slating a club you pretendedly give 0 fecks about.
Nah, I don’t hate PSG. I actually went to High school every day for a good 6 months wearing a very nice PSG rain coat. I had this kit too for P.E.

I’m really tongue in cheek with the comments here, hard to tell across a forum. Just winding up ecstatic a little bit (as we’ve done to each other several times across the forum).

Deleted member 101472

Errr...WTF!!!
First thing you noticed was 1+8 = 11 right? Yet you wouldn’t give me credit for getting the other 3 right.

It’s just an indication of where the mind prefers to go. It relates to this tie, because real are comfortably ahead, are one of the best counter attacking teams in the world, have the current ballon d’or winner going through ANOTHER purple patch and PSG are missing key players. Yet vato (and maybe others) are nervous because of focusing on the negative too much.

Charles Miller

1 + 8 = 11
2+5 = 7
3+2 = 5
8+5 = 13

Case in point
Even worse and shocking is:1 + 2 + 3(..)= -1/2. You keep adding natural numbers to get a negative result.....

Anyway, the main problem with PSG is that they can defend against the top sides when the game becomes a war.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP

1 + 8 = 11
2+5 = 7
3+2 = 5
8+5 = 13

Case in point
Am I stupid for not understanding what those numbers are supposed to mean?

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
18 pages for the most predictable result in champions league history. Au Revoir, PSG
I will continue my Parisian propaganda until Tuesday. After this date, au revoir my posts about PSG here!

The French league is over (1.PSG 2. Monaco 3. Marseille 4. Lyon) so I will discuss different topics here.

Deleted member 101472

I will continue my Parisian propaganda until Tuesday. After this date, au revoir my posts about PSG here!

The French league is over (1.PSG 2. Monaco 3. Marseille 4. Lyon) so I will discuss different topics here.
Are you going to the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.