Clash PSG - Real Madrid| Sir Alex Ferguson, Ronaldo and Beckham to attend the Game | It rains :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
PSG 4-3-3. Is M'bappé at 100%?

------------------- Cavani
Di Maria ------------------------- Mbappé
----------- Rabiot------- Verratti
------------------ Motta
Berchiche------- Thiago Silva ----- Marquinhos or Kimpembe---- Dani Alves
-------------------- Areola

REAL MADRID 4-4-2: CONSERVATIVE AND COUNTER-ATTACKING? KROOS AND MODRIC ARE AVAILABLEBUT ARE THEY AT 100%?

------------------- Benzema
----------- Cristiano
Vazquez------------------------- Asensio
----------- Kovacic------- Casemiro
Marcelo-------Ramos ----- Varane--- Carvajal
-------------------- Navas

Last edited:

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
By the characteristics of the game I would say that we will have to endure half an hour of storm.
Kovacic has a great opportunity but we can not pretend he will play Modric / Kroos. The result of that would be disappointment and wonder about Isco to retain the ball.
A line up more similar to the game at home, as @Javi said.
The team has improved physically so to focus on a tough game, with wingers, looking for something different can be a good alternative.
It gives me some relief that Bale is not untouchable and we avoid endless debates about his presence.
Miguelito, a COPE periodist following the team tweeted that Kroodric are at 70%,Lucas will play and the doubt is between Bale and Asensio.
I see that PSG have begun a campaign of "together we can", with leaks of meetings of players to "conjure".
It is very typical of Madrid, the spirit of Juanito, and "la conjura" of the players.
Although I was a kid I remember the 4-1, with Guerin, Le Guen, Valdo, Weah,etc ... so we must be careful

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
In last 2-3 years Ronaldo always seems to condition his season in a way, he comes into a higher level at the later stages of the CL, Madrid do the same. Think Madrid will easily win this, they will beat PSG away.

idmanager

This has all the writings of Brazil's 7-1 humiliation post the Neymar injury at the World Cup.

Not a Madrid enthusiast, but that would be an awesome bitch slap and one for the ages after PSG's window.

Infra-red

This has all the writings of Brazil's 7-1 humiliation post the Neymar injury at the World Cup.

Not a Madrid enthusiast, but that would be an awesome bitch slap and one for the ages after PSG's window.
Yes please!

Both sides were poor in the first leg in a game surprisingly devoid of quality. Let's hope for a better one this time. Madrid to go through.

Charles Miller

Brazilian attack was Bernard-Fred-Hulk..

idmanager

Brazilian attack was Bernard-Fred-Hulk..
I think it had more to do with losing morale with the loss of their best player (and Silva).
Not to forget they started at 0-0 rather than 3-1.

If Madrid can be as clinical on the day, you never know.

Charles Miller

I think it had more to do with losing morale with the loss of their best player (and Silva).
Not to forget they started at 0-0 rather than 3-1.

If Madrid can be as clinical on the day, you never know.
My point is, that Brazil nt was simple not good enough to compete against any top nt. David Luiz-Dante-old Maicon-Luis Gustavo-Oscar-Hulk-Bernard-Fred...i dare to say that, without Neymar, there are at least three teams in the Brazilian league these days that are stronger than that Brazil 2014 line up.

PSG is really strong even without Neymar. I really think they can win it. Lets see.

A-man

PSG buy Neymar and Mbappé for more money
PSG 4-3-3. Is M'bappé at 100%?

------------------- Cavani
Di Maria ------------------------- Mbappé
----------- Rabiot------- Verratti
------------------ Motta
Berchiche------- Thiago Silva ----- Marquinhos or Kimpembe---- Dani Alves
-------------------- Areola
Lo Celso was probably the worst in PSG in the first match, but he also had a tough task. Motta, on the other hand, has only played some minutes here, some minutes there, this season. It must have been months since he started a match. Not really a 90 minutes player, and would they take that risk now? I don't think Motta will start.

If Marquinhos can start, wouldn't they play him together with Kimpembe?

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
PSG buy Neymar and Mbappé for more money
Let's talk about money and the acquisition price of the likely starting 11 tomorrow

M'bbapé: 180
Cavani: 63
Di Maria: 63
--------------------------------------------
Rabiot: academy
Verratti: 10
Motta: 10
Berchiche 15 or Kurzawa 22
Dani Alves free agent
Thiago Silva 42
Marquinhos 31 or Kimpembe academy
Areola academy

Bench: Draxler (42), Pastore (40), Meunier (7), Lo Celso (15), Diarra (free agent),

Lo Celso was probably the worst in PSG in the first match, but he also had a tough task. Motta, on the other hand, has only played some minutes here, some minutes there, this season. It must have been months since he started a match. Not really a 90 minutes player, and would they take that risk now? I don't think Motta will start.
Lo Celso started a match for the 1st time with PSG last November and his 1st game in Champions League last month. As you have noticed, he's light when it comes to midfield battle.

Thiago Motta is another story. Very experienced and his partnership with Verratti is invaluable. He started last Wednesday against Marseille. I'm sure he will start and would be surprised to see Diarra starting. Motta is slow but he's the Boss who provides confidence.

If Marquinhos can start, wouldn't they play him together with Kimpembe?
50-50 between these 2 players. Thiago Silva didn't play the 1st leg. A kind of turn-over.

A-man

Let's talk about money and the acquisition price of the likely starting 11 tomorrow

Lo Celso started a match for the 1st time with PSG last November and his 1st game in Champions League last month. As you have noticed, he's light when it comes to midfield battle.

Thiago Motta is another story. Very experienced and his partnership with Verratti is invaluable. He started last Wednesday against Marseille. I'm sure he will start and would be surprised to see Diarra starting. Motta is slow but he's the Boss who provides confidence.

50-50 between these 2 players. Thiago Silva didn't play the 1st leg. A kind of turn-over.
Yes of course Motta is much more experienced, especially at CL level, and has played with Veratti for ages, but he cannot play 90 minutes against a team like Real Madrid. And if PSG need to put in another gear the last 20 minutes to intense the attack, you do not want to waste a substitution on Motta. Just my speculation. Personally I would play him if he is fit, just because he is the least bad option. Then when he needs to sub, pull back Rabiot a little to a more defensive role and welcome in to a more offensive player like Draxler or Pastore.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
au revoir PSG again ( I predicted their aggregate loss to Barca las year - after the first leg). Team of bottlers

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Yes of course Motta is much more experienced, especially at CL level, and has played with Veratti for ages, but he cannot play 90 minutes against a team like Real Madrid. And if PSG need to put in another gear the last 20 minutes to intense the attack, you do not want to waste a substitution on Motta. Just my speculation. Personally I would play him if he is fit, just because he is the least bad option. Then when he needs to sub, pull back Rabiot a little to a more defensive role and welcome in to a more offensive player like Draxler or Pastore.
I agree. That is why, Diarra will replace him 20-30 minutes before the end.

The 2 other subs will be certainly Draxler and Pastore.

NinjaFletch

I feel like after this Ecstatic should never be allowed to start a thread about a match again.

Living up to his name far too much with the thread title changes.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
au revoir PSG again ( I predicted their aggregate loss to Barca las year - after the first leg). Team of bottlers
I hope you will bet a lot of money on the victory of Real Madrid :)

Make your crystal ball a cash machine!

I feel like after this Ecstatic should never be allowed to start a thread about a match again.

Living up to his name far too much with the thread title changes.
Please don't worry: this is certainly my last thread of the season. :angel:

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I hope you will bet a lot of money on the victory of Real Madrid :)

Make your crystal ball a cash machine!
if I bet even a penny I lose! If I could go back in time to Grand Nationals and put money on Red Rum, the bloody horse would run bvackwards

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
PSG fans who welcome the players in front of their hotel today

Players who left the hotel to thank the fans

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
deafening and massive welcome to Madrid :lol:

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
ZIDANE

Is keeping a clean sheet the key?

“You can’t control that. If you start with the scoreboard in your favour, it doesn’t mean anything. You have to prepare for the unforeseen, be it for or against you. The only thing is that we’ll have to play well for 90 minutes, or more. That’s all we have to think about. We’re going to have to suffer. Suffer and play football.”

What does the absence of Neymar and the presence of Di María change?

“It doesn’t change anything, but it also causes everything because they’re different. Nothing changes for us in the sense that in him [Di María] they have a highly motivated player, who’ll want to play well.

“We know Di María very well, he’s spectacular, he made history at Real Madrid. He can play in any position, he moves really well, he can shoot, he’s quick… we’re going to try to put out a team that plays our way and avoid them putting us in difficulty.”

Will everyone be ready?

"They have to be at 100%. I’d never put a player in at 70%. All of those that are here need to be prepared to play.”

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG

Expected subs

Diarra
Draxler & Pastore to take more risks in the 2nd half

Last edited:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
PSG will win this. Di Maria is in very good form this season. I was actually surprised to see him dropped for the away match.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
I find hard to believe that Zidane will show up today with a starting 11 with Asensio, Vazquez and possibly Kovacic.

The only doubt, imo, it's seeing if Benzema or Kroos are going to play, and only one of those would warm the bench, rarely both at the same time.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
To be fair though, this kind of participation is good for the forum in that there is a lot of content and it is very active.
Cheers. I've deserted the PSG thread (I created though) and French League one (over).

For any neutral who likes Football, this game is interesting because the 2 two teams will be at 100% of their capacity and because the home team has to take risks

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
PSG fans tried to disturb Real Madrid players at... 1.30 am today

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
According to Pedrerol Kroos will play and Modric could,depending on a test today
Is that supposed to be intimidating? Just looks funny to me.
Yes,they were a little short :lol:

bebeanderson

This tactic is common in south america, but often dumb. People don’t know that players sleep after lunch before games, which are usually late at night.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
The message is "You'll do it tonight"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.