g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Clash PSG - Real Madrid| Sir Alex Ferguson, Ronaldo and Beckham to attend the Game | It rains :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagami

Good post resistant
We miss a fit Thiago Motta.
I agree. A fully fit Motta could make a huge difference as Lo Celso isn't anywhere near him at his best at the moment. Will he be available for the return game?

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I agree. A fully fit Motta could make a huge difference as Lo Celso isn't anywhere near him at his best at the moment. Will he be available for the return game?
He is no longer injured but he didn't play a full game since 3-4 months.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Is it just me that thinks tge relative ease of Ligue 1 fails to prepare PSG for these kind of matches?
It doesn't help but it isn't the issue. In November, PSG would have won easily.

Charles Miller

I watched all their games this season. What they need more is a DM. Motta is crucial. When they play without him the difference is colossal and i dont care about checking stats, i trust what i see. Without Motta their defense is unbalanced and they would need a magic from the front three to compete with the giants.

A-man

I watched all their games this season. What they need more is a DM. Motta is crucial. When they play without him the difference is colossal and i dont care about checking stats, i trust what i see. Without Motta their defense is unbalanced and they would need a magic from the front three to compete with the giants.
I agree that it is unbalanced and they are very dependent on Motta. I have only seen some matches this and last season, but I watched all PSG games during Zlatans years, and it was clear that Motta was extremely important for the team. However, I do not believe he has the quality anymore to face teams like a Real Madrid playing at their best. This position is one of PSGs biggest weknesses and it is strange they havent addressed this better.

ti vu

Pff, I doubt PSG were impressed by his coaching in the CL group stage.
As if CL group stage indicates anything about how team does in KO stage, especially now with the new seeding format. The most important thing now is just qualify for KO round. Just look at your team for instance. It's a blessing in disguise for you to lose that heavily vs PSG in that game that you end up second in the group. You end up getting Besiktas instead of Real Madrid!

Ancelotti did quite well in KO stage. Last year you guys come back from death after the first leg and gave Madrid a run for money until the extra time. Someone like Pep would throw in the towel has the tie to be decided by coming back in the second leg away from home.

Charles Miller

I agree that it is unbalanced and they are very dependent on Motta. I have only seen some matches this and last season, but I watched all PSG games during Zlatans years, and it was clear that Motta was extremely important for the team. However, I do not believe he has the quality anymore to face teams like a Real Madrid playing at their best. This position is one of PSGs biggest weknesses and it is strange they havent addressed this better.
Dont get me wrong, i dont thik Motta is a player for that level. What i'm saying is, playing with Rabiot-Lo Celso-Verrati or Drexler-Rabiot-Verrarti against the top CL clubs is just ridiculous. Their first line of defense are the CBs.

A-man

Dont get me wrong, i dont thik Motta is a player for that level. What i'm saying is, playing with Rabiot-Lo Celso-Verrati or Drexler-Rabiot-Verrarti against the top CL clubs is just ridiculous. Their first line of defense are the CBs.
Ok them we totally agree. For me, Veratti is very high level, but none of the others you mention. Rabiot has improved a lot in the last year, but is far from the level of RM. Actually I doubt that any other PSG central midfielder than Veratti would even take a place on the bench in Real. I think it was a bit of waste of money to buy Neymar and Mbappe when you dont have a proper central midfield. I once saw Pep in an interview saying that Busquets was his most important player. Those great defensive midfielders are not spectacular, but really important and hard to find.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Ok them we totally agree. For me, Veratti is very high level, but none of the others you mention. Rabiot has improved a lot in the last year, but is far from the level of RM. Actually I doubt that any other PSG central midfielder than Veratti would even take a place on the bench in Real. I think it was a bit of waste of money to buy Neymar and Mbappe when you dont have a proper central midfield. I once saw Pep in an interview saying that Busquets was his most important player. Those great defensive midfielders are not spectacular, but really important and hard to find.
At the last moment, Monaco refused to sell us Fabinho whose dream was to join us and has the right to be transferred since 2 years.

True that we spent all our money on 2 players and had to sell Matuidi too.

The squad is bit unbalanced: offensive players versus defensive ones

A-man

At the last moment, Monaco refused to sell us Fabinho whose dream was to join us and has the right to be transferred since 2 years.

At least it is more fun to be supporter of a too offensive team than a too dfensive :) Yes Matuidi is also missed. I thought him and Veratti fit well together.

Have we watched the same game Wednesday? :confused::eek:
I am not sure what you want with your comment. What I wrote about Rabiot is not based on one game, as I have seen him regurlary his whole senior career. And yes I think he has improved the last 1-2 years, from a poor level to a higher level, but no, I dont think he would add anything to Real Madrids troup. In the future, who knows...

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

I said this in the summer tbh. I'm not sure who reeled off the CM's but none of them seemed impressive bar Verratti and Rabiot (but he still becomes pretty sloppy in games). PSG need another solid midfielder.

bebeanderson

Can we please lock this thread when its game time? It was very annoying having discussions in 2 different threads on tge game. Just have the UCL match day thread..

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Modric, Kroos and Marcelo are injured and they might not play the second leg. 2 goal lead doesn't seem that safe anymore

mynamejeff

Kroos dived very harsh pen in a big game,the ref was terrible throughout the game .Other examples Neymar booking a tad harsh, especially when Kroos takes out Mbappe and gets nothing,Neymar dive ref making up for earlier poor decision ( no problem with that) Rabiot boooking never touched the player ,early free kick against DElso never touched him.

Not over till the fat lady etc but if ZZ plays Bale and Ascension and Carvahal is fit I can only see Madrid going through,PSG are too inexperienced esp in centre mid.
To be fair, it was a silly challenge from lo celso. naïve. you've got to know that putting your hands on a smart players neck/shoulder in the box is gonna cause them to dive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
how do you like kovacic? i haven't seen him play much
Last season I thought he was awesome every time he got some playing time. This season, not so much. Looked a bit suspect in his last game for us I thought. Must be a match fitness thing I guess.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
This is in 9 days and Neymar just got stretchered off the pitch. Looked pretty serious.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
I fecking hate seeing top players go off with bad injuries. Really pisses me off.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Hope there's no ligament damage, would be a disaster if he missed out on the World Cup

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
We'll probably know tomorrow how serious it is. Marcelo, Modric, Kroos and Neymar all missing this game would be terrible.

Hopefully they all manage to recover even if they're not 100%.

Sigma

This is in 9 days and Neymar just got stretchered off the pitch. Looked pretty serious.

Hopefully his World Cup place isn't in doubt. Would be bad for him after him missing out on the Semi-Final last time out and the World Cup needs the world's best players.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Hopefully his World Cup place isn't in doubt. Would be bad for him after him missing out on the Semi-Final last time out and the World Cup needs the world's best players.
Hence why it's such a disaster that Scotland didn't qualify.

bebeanderson

Surely hes not missing the WC because of a rolled ankle? Even if there is ligament strain or something, the WC is in like 4 months.

Canagel

That's really sad. Neymar always gets injured at the worst times. PSG are simply fecked. They aren't going to comeback without him in the game.

bebeanderson

He's making it to the World Cup. Unless he fractured all the bones in his ankle, and there still would be a chance.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
That's really sad. Neymar always gets injured at the worst times. PSG are simply fecked. They aren't going to comeback without him in the game.
I wouldn't be so certain. Neymar is a huge piece of the offense for PSG, certainly, but he doesn't always play in the smartest or most collective of ways that makes use of the whole team. Especially in the first leg against Madrid where he was more detrimental than good in the choices he made with the ball at his feet.

There are times when a team can become more dangerous for a game or two without their best player, and I wouldn't be surprised if PSG does the unexpected and beat Madrid without Neymar. It's a long shot, but it's very much still possible with players like Cavani, Di Maria, and Mbappe who will feel even more challenged to prove themselves.

Charles Miller

From the nt point of view its an excellent chance for Tite to play Coutinho in the correct position and Willian in the right.
PSG is strong anyway. Draxler or Di Maria to step up..think about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.