g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

glaspalast

Supports
Crystal Palace
Wow.

You lot have outspent everyone else but the solution to your woes to spend even more, raised by selling your soul to the Qatari state?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Does Jim go to watch United while they are playing in London, apart from when he is supporting Chelsea? When was the last time he went to a United game. Lads from Ireland can come across every home game, some to away games as well, but this multi billionaire cannot get in a chauffer driven car to come to our games. Even if he was in Monaco did he go to the games we played in Spain?

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
I don’t care who’s the new owner providing they invest in the club, stadium and clear some of that debt. Will Ratcliffe do that? I highly doubt it.
I'm sorry but that attitude is wrong. We should care about who the new owner is. We should look at every potential new owner with suspicion and caution.

The "at all costs" mentality from is something that we might all regret in a few years.

Bosws87

Depending of what side of the fence you sit on, some of these ratcliffe media releases sound very confident or desperate.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I wonder when we are right in the proverbial if some of the posters in this thread will miraculously disappear once their work has been done.

Woziak

I agree but there again if Qatar is behind all this then why aren't they winning? Surely they can outbid SJR if they want to
They could, might have thought they did, however look at like this ; in the summer we want a striker, our A option is Harry Kane, experienced gold standard pedigree but never won anything in his 10 year career and the seller is notoriously difficult to deal with, plus you don’t really want to do business with him, then there is an option B, Victor Osimhen , younger faster, hungrier on the up and just won a title, might cost you the same or a little more but you can negotiate with the owner and maybe do a better deal for less, and then there is option C Tammy Abraham, much better price, not really sure of themselves but has untapped potential, always be in the conversation just never unless you change the culture of the player, they do look the best on the field of play though !

Ladies and Gentlemen I present the Qatari options to buy a PL football club ;
Option A - Man United , Option B - Liverpool and Option C - Spurs

* we’ll soon see how much SJ wanted United as this will be hugely embarrassing to the state if they now lose after all the PR they have encouraged. Multi club Organisation, no offence Braga and even PSG are no United, Madrid, Bayern, Liverpool or Barcelona if they want a vanity club so dearly out the money on the table !

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Look at us, losing and getting our Norwich scarves on again.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
As a condition of the takeover agreement, it is understood that the pair would be granted options to sell their shares – at a premium to the current bid price – after year one and year two of Ineos' stewardship; or to retain their minority ownership indefinitely.

feck off with that
Unless this impacts the actual operation of the club, I genuinely couldn't give any less of a shit.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I was in the Jim camp until I learned that he can’t really afford Manchester United, so he buys a majority stake hoping he will be able to afford the whole club in future. This isn’t a great starting premise for infrastructural development and transfer business.

We need a new chapter and a clean end to what has been a toxic era.

Rojofiam

"Avram and Joel, however, believe that external investment can help develop United into a £10bn company"

If this part is true, then I'm pretty confident that Ratcliffe's offer will be the winner.

Rojofiam

I was in the Jim camp until I learned that he can’t really afford Manchester United, so he buys a majority stake hoping he will be able to afford the whole club in future. This isn’t a great starting premise for infrastructural development and transfer business.

That's literally not true. :lol: He could buy 51%, but can't afford 69%?

Ratcliffe isn't the perfect candidate, but so many arguments against him is just made up stuff.

Appletonred

Would the fans accept Ratcliffe over the Glazers? yes. would the fans accept Qatar over the Glazers? surely yes. would the fans accept Ratcliffe and the Glazers? surely not.

Ratcliffe as the sole owner minus the Glazers am sure would be palatable, personally, I would prefer Jassim, as he is offering the much better all round vision for the club minus debt.

DownRiver

Kinda wish the 1958 would be more transparent and say "sell to Qatar" rather than "full sale only", kind of makes them look disingenuous and taints their credibility but oh well.
I am not Ratcliff in, but it would signal to him that he has to change his bid to a full takeover and not place nice to get what he wants.

DownRiver

"Avram and Joel, however, believe that external investment can help develop United into a £10bn company"

If this part is true, then I'm pretty confident that Ratcliffe's offer will be the winner.
If I was a glazer, I would take this offer. They know that Ratcliff will invest a lot and most likely remove debt, all they have to do is to keep doing f all and wake up to more money in a few years time.

Honestly, which person would not want to do that if it was purely an investment. They don’t care about pressure, they live in America. Unless the American fans protest outside their residence, they won’t care.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
And yet he outbid them. :eek:
Because he's paying more for half the stake they have bid for. He can't match them for 100% of the club so has increased his offer for 51% and offered to get into bed with the Glazers.

He is proposing to pay literally half of the upfront cost that the Qataris are

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
It depends what his ambition is. Once you own 50.1%, the other 49.9% is purely passive investment as the majority shareholder dictates everything. It can be entirely sensible to only buy a slim majority of the club and retain further funds for investment. A minority shareholder would have the same control whether they own 0.1%, 5% or 49.9% of the club in the face of a majority shareholder, i.e. none.

Giggsyking

This always makes me chuckle. He's not a United fan because he had a Chelsea season ticket when living in London? Has it not occurred to anyone that his schedule and location makes it hard to be a season ticket holder at United?

I used to pool in with my mates and get a Palace season ticket just to watch some PL Football on ocasssion. We're all big Manchester United fans, what does that make us?
Did you try ti buy crystal palace?

Fanta Stick

Of course it would, no sane person would argue against that. But the size and state of the stadium isn’t going to affect whether we compete on the pitch. That was the comparison. City and Newcastle will buy Haaland, Messi, Bellingham etc and we can’t compete with them. It’s simply not true.
Comparing OT and looking enviously at Etihad or Spurs is just keeping up with the Jones rubbish. Whoever gains control will improve the infrastructure, if the club has to pay its own way so be it. That’s completely normal for 97% of the other clubs in the league.
We've all ready got this covered. Bless him.

InfiniteBoredom

Because he's paying more for half the stake they have bid for. He can't match them for 100% of the club so has increased his offer for 51% and offered to get into bed with the Glazers.

That option is also available to the Qataris.

At the end of the day, if he wins, it’s because he wants it more and was willing to find a way to make it work.

ROFLUTION

Who cares if Glazers dont have anything to say or any real power in the daily runnings of the club

Get in Jim

Giggsyking

He is in fact a United fan. The only United fan involved in the bidding process.

Yes he also held a season ticket at Chelsea and I'd imagine he now catches the odd Nice game as well. Plenty of people support one club but often watch another, particularly if said club is local to them at that point in time.

Not that it really matters, but it's just another of those silly little things you anti Ratcliffe lot cling to in desperation.
The only objective fact about him is that he is a Chelsea season ticket holder.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

INEOS can unequivocally afford to buy United.

However, that doesn't mean it makes financial sense for them to buy it beyond whatever value threshold they place on it as an asset. Nor does it mean they would opt to buy it without financing given that doing so is often a more wealth-efficient approach. From our POV what matters are the actual details of their plans for the management of debt/investment.

Because in functional terms all most United fans care about is seeing a) investment in the stadium and other infrastructure, b) competitive spending in the transfer market and c) competent management of football operations. And while nothing about INEOS' bid precludes any of that, the devil is in the details.

Rojofiam

Wouldn't Sheikh Jassim be buying 69% of the club too? His promise of buying every single share and presumable take United private is something that would take years and might not even be achievable...so in reality, right now it's Ratcliffe offering more per share for 50.1% or more, than Qatar are offering for 69% of the shares.

Status
Not open for further replies.