Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LARulz

But miffed I am not seeing anywhere covering the protest, even in their liveblog

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
If Glazers stay in any capacity I don’t want Sir Jim at all. I don’t really want him anyway as he doesn’t have the wealth needed to get us back to the top.

Unless we are going to be completely debt free we’ll never get back to the top when money has never been more powerful in football, morals left a long time ago.
In effect that means you’re ‘content’ with the Glazers staying for longer then.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Yeah…and?

The unfortunate reality is that it’s the Glazer’s club to sell, not someone else’s to buy. You also seem to continually gloss over the recently reported fact (assuming it’s accurate) that the Qatari bid falls short of both the Glazer’s demands and the INEOS bid.
Clearly, you haven't been following the conversation. You've just jumped in and taken issue with something you disagree with and failed to see the point.

I was initially responding to a poster saying Ratcliffe had 'outbid' Jassim. He has simply (allegedly) come up with a slightly higher valuation. He hasn't outbid SJ as he is actually offering less money.

Giggsyking

Get off your high horse mate there is thread in General named Revolution in Iran that's not even 10 pages long I can see how much Posters here are really worried about Human Rights Violations .
We are all mostly big hypocrites but as you said some are more willing than others in owning it .
Sir, selective morality has been proven times after time in this thread and the other thread, I would recommend you to ignore this discussion because it will only frustrate you.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
Clearly, you haven't been following the conversation. You've just jumped in and taken issue with something you disagree with and failed to see the point.
I’m responding whilst watching the F1 race, so that may be the case. If so…apologies.

I was initially responding to a poster saying Ratcliffe had 'outbid' Jassim. He has simply (allegedly) come up with a slightly higher valuation. He hasn't outbid SJ as he is actually offering less money.
He has from the Glazer’s perspective which is all that matters here.

Dve

I'm sick of the moral arguments from the high and mighty top reds. Why shouldn't some of us want what's best for the club? We're yet again about to get another owner who can't really afford us and has to borrow lots of money just to get a takeover done, which will probably leave little remaining for signings and infrastructure investment. Wanting our club to be able to compete with the best, have amazing facilities and be free of debt doesn't mean we condone or support the actions of the Qatari government.
There are disagreements about what is best for the club, you know. For some it might not be all about money.

Berbaclass

Indeed! But you’re trying deride it as a lower percentage which in reality as long as INEOS have control is entirely irrelevant.
Im clearly saying he's having to make a compromise because he can't match Qatar financially. Ratcliffe probably doesn't have £5 billion to hand over to the Glazers. Hence his offer of around half that in reality.

Someone

Something
I still don't get why would Ratcliff invest money on the club while the Glazers maintaining their share without investing anything? It basically means he'd be making them richer through his own money, makes no sense.

Nickosaur

Really seems to be a lose-lose situation here.
Glazers stay with Sir Jim - less money and Qatar will just buy someone else (spurs? Liverpool?)
vs
Qatar full sale that while bringing the best chance of success, results in a complete loss of identity and morals

Berbaclass

I’m just going by the recent reports, which haven’t received a great deal of rebuttal so far.

But…they may not be fully accurate of course.
I know and there seems to be a lot of misinformation around. Best to wait until things settle before talking about specifics with any kind of confidence.

Spoony

The People's President
I’ve no dog in this fight and don’t think it matters whether the new owner is a United fan or not, but since JR has put it in issue, do we know roughly how often he has attended United games in that time? I had a quick search and couldn’t find any mention. The helicopter flight from London to Manchester is around an hour, from my vague memory of the reports around the time Mata choppered into the training ground. It’s not like it’d make a dent in his bank balance. Does he attend United away games in London? What about if they’re playing, say, Spurs on the same night as Chelsea are at home? Plenty of opportunities for a corporate, if that was his thing.

I presume he has been attended United games in that time, even if sporadically, but if not, it’s fair enough for people to at least ask the question. After all, he’s making a virtue of his support. Otherwise, it’s a very thin line to skirt to suggest that he’s too busy to attend United games because billionaire.
Indeed, he's made an issue out if it so it's fair game to question whether he's a United fan. He's probably a very very casual fan. Probably.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
True, but without control they will have no say in the running of the club, and will be unlikely to receive a dividend.
They will almost certainly still receive dividends but even if they didn’t I couldn’t give a shit, we want them gone.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
Im clearly saying he's having to make a compromise because he can't match Qatar financially. Ratcliffe probably doesn't have £5 billion to hand over to the Glazers. Hence his offer of around half that in reality.
The correct way to put it is that his offer contains a compromise.

That aside however, there’s still the reports that the Qatari bid falls significantly short of the Glazer’s demands.

croadyman

That option is also available to the Qataris.

At the end of the day, if he wins, it’s because he wants it more and was willing to find a way to make it work.
Him keeping them on makes me sick,we wanted a clean break not someone selling their soul

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.

This is huge.

The only thing he’s offering the current owners that SJ isn’t is the ABILITY FOR THEM TO REMAIN AT THE CLUB.

Why do they want to do that? If for money - SJ is offering more money than they’ll get in 10 years of dividends ffs.

They want to stay for some other reason. Think about that.

It’s dodgy as feck. How many other clubs do stuff like this?

Why does everything they do have to be weird and drawn out?

Berbaclass

The correct way to put it is that his offer contains a compromise.

That aside however, there’s still the reports that the Qatari bid falls significantly short of the Glazer’s demands.
The most reputable source is saying they have bid £5 billion. Which is more or less around the figure Ratcliffe is reported to have come up with.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Does it matter if he buys outright or in installments?
If we believe the Castles article you linked to they will most likely be gone in a year or two. We’ve seen the fluctuations in share price based on takeover news and so will they. They will benefit from a boost in share price from INEOS taking over, and be away with their premium priced payout.

CaseHero

I am not for state ownership but Ratcliffe offers no alternative other than to persist with the Glazers.

The club is a business now but with Qatari investment we can return to the forefront once again. If we rest on our morals we will continue to struggle, it's the way of the world and the nature of its reign.

We are called the "Red Devils" after all.

Blood Mage

It's hard to shake the feeling that this club is going fecking nowhere and will eventually be swallowed up by debt while City and Newcastle win everything going forward. I can't even muster up enthusiasm for today's game after this news.

Berbaclass

Does it matter if he buys outright or in installments?
If we believe the Castles article you linked to they will most likely be gone in a year or two. We’ve seen the fluctuations in share price based on takeover news and so will they. They will benefit from a boost in share price from INEOS taking over, and be away with their premium priced payout.
What does that even mean :lol:

It's not a transfer dude

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Did you try ti buy crystal palace?
If I had the money, and Man Utd wasn't for sale, I'd probably buy Palace yeah. Why the feck would a rich person who loves football not want to buy a football team?

Ratcliff has made pursuits of Manchester United even when it wasn't for sale by the way.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Worth noting as well that it’s been reported the bid was for either 51% or 69% depending on if the story’s around J and A staying are true. Either way he has valued the club higher, so would be paying more than Jassim if they choose his bid and sell up completely.

InfiniteBoredom

He’s outbidded the Qatari where it matters, to the Glazers. He’s offering them more money for their shares, and if he’s not bothered about taking the club off the NYSE by purchasing the floated 31% then it’s his business. Ultimately, there’s nothing stopping the Qatari from matching or surpassing his price per share, and we are simply faced with a reality where Joel and Avram aren’t willing to sell then the deal Jimbo is offering is the only viable path to wrest control of the club from the Glazers, as opposed to this myopic insistence on full sale at a valuation not matching their expectations by Qatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.