Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I’ve no dog in this fight and don’t think it matters whether the new owner is a United fan or not, but since JR has put it in issue, do we know roughly how often he has attended United games in that time? I had a quick search and couldn’t find any mention. The helicopter flight from London to Manchester is around an hour, from my vague memory of the reports around the time Mata choppered into the training ground. It’s not like it’d make a dent in his bank balance. Does he attend United away games in London? What about if they’re playing, say, Spurs on the same night as Chelsea are at home? Plenty of opportunities for a corporate, if that was his thing.

I presume he has been attended United games in that time, even if sporadically, but if not, it’s fair enough for people to at least ask the question. After all, he’s making a virtue of his support. Otherwise, it’s a very thin line to skirt to suggest that he’s too busy to attend United games because billionaire.
I'm not sure but I think there was a phase in his younger days where he'd see United fairly often (he was there in 1999 apparently).

Of course as his business operations and sporting ventures grow he cant dedicate the time as freely, but I have no idea how often he generally goes to see us specifically.

One thing that is undeniable about him is that he's a Manchester lad, so we can all be assured that he's not looking to control us with bad intent like Glazers.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
The most reputable source is saying they have bid £5 billion. Which is more or less around the figure Ratcliffe is reported to have come up with.
It‘s less for the Glazers which is all that matters here.

And btw both bids are less than the Glazer’s long stated demands.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
He’s outbidded the Qatari where it matters, to the Glazers. He’s offering them more money for their shares, and if he’s not bothered about taking the club off the NYSE by purchasing the floated 31% then it’s his business. Ultimately, there’s nothing stopping the Qatari from matching or surpassing his price per share, and we are simply faced with a reality where Joel and Avram aren’t willing to sell then the deal Jimbo is offering is the only viable path to wrest control of the club from the Glazers, as opposed to this myopic insistence on full sale at a valuation not matching their expectations by Qatar.
Allegedly yeah. I don't think it will be a significant difference though. As you say Qatar will be able to easily match it if they wish to do so.

Time will tell.

Rojofiam

This is huge.

The only thing he’s offering the current owners that SJ isn’t is the ABILITY FOR THEM TO REMAIN AT THE CLUB.

Why do they want to do that? If for money - SJ is offering more money than they’ll get in 10 years of dividends ffs.

They want to stay for some other reason. Think about that.

It’s dodgy as feck. How many other clubs do stuff like this?

Why does everything they do have to be weird and drawn out?
Both Joel and Avram would receive less money from Sheikh Jassim now, than they would by selling their stakes 5-10 years from now if they believe United will be worth close to 10bn. That' why Ratcliffe's offer is more attractive to them, if they are sure that they can get more money out of it in the future.

Berbaclass

It‘s less for the Glazers which is all that matters here.

And btw both bids are less than the Glazer’s long stated demands.
Allegedly yeah, just how much nobody knows at the moment. We don't know all of the variables in this equation.

dove

On the positive side I think that the sale looks to be much more likely scenario now rather than the minority investment option which we have all been dreading. Admittedly 2 of the leeches staying doesn't really sound ideal but we should wait for more details about that. If they would retain some "meaningless" % of shares then whatever I guess.

croadyman

The glazers have total control of the club and don’t own 100%. Sheikh Mansour Has total control at City and doesn’t own 100%. It simply doesn’t matter. INEOS will have control of the club and will run the business day to day.
So you are happy for them to still have a say in things as I presume they will still have class B share voting rights annoyingly

InfiniteBoredom

Him keeping them on makes me sick,we wanted a clean break not someone selling their soul
It’s their club to sell, if the two of them are unwilling to, what can you do? The last 17 years of ownership made clear the fact that they shit and piss on fans protests.

I’d like a full sale as well, but short of that, surely Jimbo taking control with the two remaining Glazers squashed to the background is still a good deal for us? If the club’s value increase in the future and they end up profiting massively from it, it also means we are successful. It’s not like they wouldn’t have profited massively if they sell up now anyway.

Spoony

The People's President
I reckon it's 5b for 69%. Surely the other 31% would be at market valuation. 5b at 100% would be messy in terms of the Glazers's slice.

Berbaclass

If the Glazers are really smart and the difference in share price valuation is relatively close, with Jim being slightly more currently they will obviously ask Qatar if they want to up the offer. They will drag this out further IMO.

Member 125398

As usual bad faith arguements coming from both sides and y'all can't even see it. Internet discourse is so shit and it's never going to improve which is kinda disheartening.... but it is what it is.

I'm hear watching both sides double down and post utter shite with confidence and some with an air of superiority. There are not many that reside in the middle with decent takes but it's nice to see a few from time to time.

I have a request (some advice). For those posting regularly and arguing in here. Read all your posts in this thread, in chronological order, and look at them from a critical point of view (maybe from the opposing perspective). See the way a lot of your posts have trended towards blind faith and embellishment, and in some cases just lies..... you don't have to post your findings in here but just do it and if you aren't happy with what you see, do something about it.

For example: take a step back and maybe take a break from it and analyse your motivations.... Trust me, self reflection is always a good thing...

Some of your are embarrassing yourselves (which doesn't really matter when in the anonymity of the internet) and compromising your character/ideals/morals/etc (which does matter)...
Good advice, cheers.

owlo

But isn’t this the final bid? I don’t see any point in posturing now? It could be that they want a partial sale and for Ineos to grow the club even more before they get a bigger buck for the balance share. Then it becomes a game of cat and mouse with Ineos not wanting to invest to pad the glazed share. Hopefully we don’t get stuck in that limbo.

Things like that are why a compare sale preferable
Aint over until the fat lady sings. A cynical view would see the entire bidding process as a shakedown on Jassim, to extract extra.

Chairman Steve

This press release about the SJR/INEOS bid being ‘better’ seems like a nudge and wink to Qatar to up their price. It seems weird that the story would just slip out like that.

Mou Mou Land

The good thing about this huge number of fans who abhor Qatar's human rights record is that they will all give up their season tickets on principal now and never support the team again, meaning others can apply for them. Get your name down now chaps!
I think we can all absolve our souls by knowing that Saint Gary went there, but only to draw attention to their dreadful record - the 7 star resort and BBC money had nothing to do with it.
We are safe lads - divine Gary spoke and we are merely following his leadership by profiting from a dreadful, inhumane regime.

Berbaclass

This press release about the SJR/INEOS bid being ‘better’ seems like a nudge and wink to Qatar to up their price. It seems weird that the story would just slip out like that.
It's quite plausible yeah. I think there are a lot of games and misinformation being put out there purposefully.

croadyman

Maybe but they won't up their price any more I am absolutely convinced of that

Rojofiam

I've said that maybe 10 times in the last 2/3 pages mate :lol:
So what don't you understand about the other poster's reply?

50.1% now, then the remaining ~20% most likely within the next 2 years (because of the alleged 'premium clause' according to Duncan Castles) or after 2+ years. Hence the phrase "installments".

Berbaclass

So what don't you understand about the other poster's reply?

50.1% now, then the remaining ~20% most likely within the next 2 years (because of the alleged 'premium clause' according to Duncan Castles) or after 2+ years. Hence the phrase "installments".
I was laughing as 'installments' is a weird way of phrasing it. I'm well aware of how it would work man.

Status
Not open for further replies.