Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Genuine question to anybody that might know - if the Qatar bid isn’t clear at this stage after 3 bids will Raine not just dismiss it as not serious like the pay did with the Zilliacus ‘offer’? Seems an odd state of affairs after 5 months. :eek:
They're probably being elusive on detail because it's shady as feck what they are trying to do. 'Nine Two Foundation' is just a carrot dangled in front of gullible fans.

InfiniteBoredom

Not understanding stuff, doesn't make you correct either.
Then do explain, rather than just throw your toys out of the pram and poo-pooing any suggestion that maybe British richest man is more than an useful idiot to extract as much money as possible out of the Qatari.

surf

Asking who you prefer between Glasers, Jim and Qatar is like asking who you prefer to win the league between City, Pool and Leeds. Realistically, this is the ownership model of the modern megaclub and we like it or lump it. Was Louis Edwards any better?

There's a good article in today's Graun by Jonathan Liew, by the way. I agree with him.

Bosws87

Then do explain, rather than just throw your toys out of the pram and poo-pooing any suggestion that maybe British richest man is more than an useful idiot to extract as much money as possible out of the Qatari.
I explained it to you, in the same post you tried to be coy about and take the piss.

Syphon Wallet

His valuation. Offer and valuation aren’t the same.
Yes, if reports are to belived, his offer is around 3.3b dollars for a 51% stake.

With some kind of deal where Avram and Joel keep a 18% stake and retain the selling value equivalent to B shares(for 1-2 years reportedly)

But will have the voting rights equivalent to A shares.

Thats my take on what's being reported anyway.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Yes, if reports are to belived, his offer is around 3.3b dollars for a 51% stake.

With some kind of deal where Avram and Joel keep a 18% stake and retain the selling value equivalent to B shares(for 1-2 years reportedly)

But will have the voting rights equivalent to A shares.

Thats my take on what's being reported anyway.
What reports?

pocco

loco
I said off the table not that there were no offers I believe. If I did then I misspoke, it was pretty late last night.

It doesn’t make any sense, especially with the rumour that Ratcliffe intends to buy out the siblings shares and leave Joel and Avram in. The siblings have a concrete offer on the table for much better value than PE would offer them. Both Ratcliffe and Jassim value the club for a lot more than it’s actually worth don’t forget.

The Glazers have to sell, it will be one of those two.
I'd say there's a 90% chance they sell in some form (inc. J&A remaining). But there is a chance they seek the investment instead to help them keep control, which is the only point I was making - that it is an option.

InfiniteBoredom

TBH it really depends on the details of each offer. Might be cash considerations or converted to stocks. Most likely and from all accounts INEOS offer won't likely be in the realms of 5-6b, but less and probably will include loans.

From the Glazers POV keeping minority stock makes sense rather than being bought out as United's value would probably appreciate higher in the coming year or two if we're both just purely based on the further investment the buyer will make based on their promises.

That's why they will probably stall this one and not agree a buyout straight away.

Either offer is pure speculation and probably each side trying to stir some media attention and generate some feedback on their own. Knowing Glazers if we're at the last round for sure they will try to raise the offer or give the opportunity for the other bidder to better it.
INEOS’s offer are either a full takeover (69% of class B shares the 6 siblings hold collectively) or a 51% controlling stake leaving the two reluctant holdouts as minority investors, with options to sell their shares at a premium in 2 years. There’s nothing to suggest from media reports that they are unwilling or unable to buy out all 6 if the Glazers were to agree. It’s those who have convinced themselves that nothing but Qatari money would suffice who invented the myth that Jimbo is keen to get into bed with Joel + Avram since he doesn’t have the means for a full buy out.

Castia

6.5billy

Jim ain't fecking about.
That's dollars so around £5.2B

Actually closer than I was thinking, Qatar wont lose this bid with that little of a gap. They've committed around £6.5-7B to the offer (debt+stadium) they aren't going away over 200m

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Getting the Glazers out is like removing cancer. Really hard but crucial to get all of it.

pocco

loco
$6.5b committed to buying a club that will make him feck all return, yet we've got big football minds on Red Cafe claiming he's just another Glazer or can't afford to improve the squad/facilities :lol:

They must think Ratcliffe is an absolute dunce, rather than an incredibly wealthy and successful individual.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
INEOS’s offer are either a full takeover (69% of class B shares the 6 siblings hold collectively) or a 51% controlling stake leaving the two reluctant holdouts as minority investors, with options to sell their shares at a premium in 2 years. There’s nothing to suggest from media reports that they are unwilling or unable to buy out all 6 if the Glazers were to agree. It’s those who have convinced themselves that nothing but Qatari money would suffice who invented the myth that Jimbo is keen to get into bed with Joel + Avram since he doesn’t have the means for a full buy out.
Well said! I'm sitting here wondering what I've missed. I have no idea where some posters are getting their info from.

Amarsdd

Yeah, that misinfo has been spreading around the united fan groups and channels and repeated Ad nauseum.

Castia

$6.5b committed to buying a club that will make him feck all return, yet we've got big football minds on Red Cafe claiming he's just another Glazer or can't afford to improve the squad/facilities :lol:

They must think Ratcliffe is an absolute dunce, rather than an incredibly wealthy and successful individual.

I just don't understand any of the reports coming in.

One minute it's a 50% offer with the glazers staying on. Now suddenly out of nowhere he's bidding $6.5B? the feck is going on here

Qatar's bid is a low baller, then that's denied.

Everyone just seems clueless

Blood Mage

This is done, just got to wait for official confirmation that Ineos are the preferred bidder now.

pocco

loco

One minute it's a 50% offer with the glazers staying on. Now suddenly out of nowhere he's bidding $6.5B? the feck is going on here

He's made multiple offers to the Glazers. Full purchase or offers that are for the majority but leave certain Glazers in place if they so wish. Including very favourable terms for them to cash out at the same rate within the next 2 years, I believe.

Member 125398

Getting the Glazers out is like removing cancer. Really hard but crucial to get all of it.
Buying a football club is very much like making love to a beautiful woman, lots of gentle coaxing and being told to give more. Then, finally, when you've made your deposit, you realise you're sleeping in a sticky, uncomfortable mess.

Amarsdd

I'm sure $6.5b is just the SJR's valuation of the 100% of the club, but if he's buying only the 51% or 69%, the offer would be lower proportionally. Your other points still stand though.

Gavinb33

The words bluffer and chancer have been thrown about a lot

JagUTD

He's made multiple offers to the Glazers. Full purchase or offers that are for the majority but leave certain Glazers in place if they so wish. Including very favourable terms for them to cash out at the same rate within the next 2 years, I believe.
He's making serious offers for the club, showing a willingness to compromise if it helps get a deal over the line. Hes doing it properly almost as if he has a long, extensive history of complex negotiations and getting deals over the line.

Meanwhile, other parties think it's a game and if they get a few angry people to post angry tweets, that'll top the deal on their favour.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
According to reports, he's offered to buy out the Glazers altogether, as well as just those that want out. He's boxed clever here.
Pretty much. He made offers that competed with the edge funds and Qatar which is smart because he put himself in a situation where he doesn't have to spend as much while also offereing more to each Glazer that want to sell.

hobbers

Don't know how so many of you are struggling with such basic financial concepts. Ratcliffe isn't bidding $6.5bn. His offer for 51% or 69% might value the club at $6.5bn.

If he's offering that valuation to buy out all of the Glazers, and not just 51% which it may well be, then he's offering £3.6bn. And that makes no mention of paying off the current debt or how much of that he's borrowing himself.

pocco

loco
He's making serious offers for the club, showing a willingness to compromise if it helps get a deal over the line. Hes doing it properly almost as if he has a long, extensive history of complex negotiations and getting deals over the line.

Meanwhile, other parties think it's a game and if they get a few angry people to post angry tweets, that'll top the deal on their favour.
You could say that one party is acting like somebody you would actually want running the club. Something we've missed for a long time.

Giggsyking

False how? Do you care to provide evidence to such claims. Amnesty website has a list as long as the eye can see for human rights abuse leading up to the world cup including far too many needless deaths.
We have multiple times showed that the claim of "thousands of deaths" is flase. You can read our detailed explanation in the Qatar wc thread about it.

MTF

It makes sense if you don't consider the 6 Glazers as one entity that has the same goals. By all account 4 of them want money now and wanted money yesterday, the other two have different plans.
Exactly this. Joel and Avram possibly have some attachment, but more importantly it seems that they do not think that now is the time to sell. They still want to be invested in Man Utd specifically, they don't want to cash out close to a billion and go looking for other assets that could appreciate at a similar rate. The other 4 siblings disagree and would rather have the cash now to go invest in something else that they think will compound in value at a faster rate.

This is the critical split, and what Ratcliffe is using to make his bid more attractive to the selling parties by giving each of them what they want.

JagUTD

You could say that one party is acting like somebody you would actually want running the club. Something we've missed for a long time.
Absolutely. The final round of bidding seems to have separated the grown ups from the kids in my humble opinion.

Bosws87

Don't know how so many of you are struggling with such basic financial concepts. Ratcliffe isn't bidding $6.5bn. His offer for 51% might value the club at $6.5bn.
it’s laughable got people saying he’s buying it for that valuation, if that’s what he’s offered for all the shares, why are we even sat having this conversation it’s over as he’s given the glazer what they want.

The actual reality is he has offered more money for a full takeover, but it’s not enough so now he’s buying less at a higher value to try and push it through.

Yet we don’t understand and are the fools.

MiamiSpartan

Bids (the reported $6.5b) are made for the valuation of the company as a whole, which is basically just a price per share that is set. Then it's how many shares are they buying. Any bidder can only offer to the Glazers a maximum of 69% of the shares. Ineos has reportedly made an offer with two options. One for the 69%, one for the 50+1%. The amount that the 4 siblings that want to sell would make on each option would be the same.

Qatar is also bidding for the 69%. Yes, they want 100%, but the Glazers can't sell the other 31%, so that would have to be a separate purchase after they take control, if they want the bid.

The key point is the valuation of the club that each bid is based on. That's what determines the price per share that each Glazer that chooses to sell would receive.

Castia

Absolutely. The final round of bidding seems to have separated the grown ups from the kids in my humble opinion.
Id feel a lot better if Jim had an actual outline for the club (even a leak to the press) because if you're saying Qatar are acting like Kids when their trying to commit between 6-7B into the club before they've even looked at signing players then thats crazy

Looks like Jim is willing to do anything for control including a 51% stake whilst Qatar want the whole thing and rightly so

There wont be anybody willing to buy the club outright, pay off all the debts and build a new 1B+ stadium ever again

Status
Not open for further replies.