Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLoveless

"The remaining minority shareholders will be forced to sell" - that is not necessarily correct, it depends on the how the company is set up, United are quoted on the NYSE which has different rules to the UKSE
I have assumed that there is a drag along clause in the articles of association. Not sure how it works for listed companies in the NYSE but for an unlisted business it would definitely be there. I don’t understand why Qatar would say it’s for 100% otherwise, it’s a meaningless statement.

Yorke to Cole

So will Jassim place a 4th bid overall, in other words a final "take it or leave it offer part II? "

Also where Kaveh gone, he has been quiet as well?

Woziak

"When Raine Group finally announces a preferred bidder, that will trigger a month-long period of exclusive access to United's financial accounts and enable the potential new owners to undertake due diligence -- an appraisal of United's assets and liabilities and commercial potential. If that process begins this week, it would be mid-June before any likelihood of a deal being completed and that is an optimistic scenario"

Thought that had already been completed with the two parties
It has, so could be done a lot quicker, more a case of lawyers drawing up a bill of sale, a final contract with lots of clauses and small print, that in itself could take 4 weeks, however it’s a lot easier if it’s a full sale for the club in the Cayman Islands at £5.5bn or $7bn, strong rumour Raine group are advising Glazers to take a full sale with SJ at £5.4/5.5bn as proof of funds have been cleared by both parties now, if Qatar offer that 11th hour bid otherwise SJR will own man united at 51%, it’s just like a united game where we think we are wining 1-0 then we concede a goal in the 75th minute and then it’s End to End to see who wins in the last minute as you know the goal is coming but your not sure which team, Typical United !

Woziak

So will Jassim place a 4th bid overall, in other words a final "take it or leave it offer part II? "

Also where Kaveh gone, he has been quiet as well?
I’m neutral, I just want the Glazers to go but the rumours are strong that Sheikh Jasim doesn’t want to lose and will make another 4th bid but not for £6bn and let’s be honest no one will know what the true figure is as it’s under an NDA even when SJR or SJ win we’ll never know the true figure. I still think this is a genuine 50/50
And still has more twists and turns ?

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
It has, so could be done a lot quicker, more a case of lawyers drawing up a bill of sale, a final contract with lots of clauses and small print, that in itself could take 4 weeks, however it’s a lot easier if it’s a full sale for the club in the Cayman Islands at £5.5bn or $7bn, strong rumour Raine group are advising Glazers to take a full sale with SJ at £5.4/5.5bn as proof of funds have been cleared by both parties now, if Qatar offer that 11th hour bid otherwise SJR will own man united at 51%, it’s just like a united game where we think we are wining 1-0 then we concede a goal in the 75th minute and then it’s End to End to see who wins in the last minute as you know the goal is coming but your not sure which team, Typical United !
Hopefully with INEOS the 'fit and proper' stuff the Premier League pretends to do should be a pretty speedy process as well. Don't think anyone has any expectations of them there.

If it's Qatar then I imagine we'll find ourselves waiting whilst they try and convince everyone they're really looking in to it.

Woziak

Hopefully with INEOS the 'fit and proper' stuff the Premier League pretends to do should be a pretty speedy process as well. Don't think anyone has any expectations of them there.

If it's Qatar then I imagine we'll find ourselves waiting whilst they try and convince everyone they're really looking in to it.
Think both will be fine, sounds like his Father will be sponsoring this deal and he has huge influence in the UK government and UK industry. INEOS will have no issues and I doubt 92 Foundation will have any issues as well.

AlPistacho

@JPRouve I am just calling it like I see it. Not sure what you mean with the last para?

What is the basis for ‘Ratcliffe is a bad owner, look at Nice!’? Very modest sums of money has been invested into that team. And it’s of course a given that Nice is a worthless option if you want to build a power house in European football, I mean seriously?
You’re absolutely correct. PSG and Man City were huge clubs. :lol:

Member 101269

Are you suggesting Nick Harris is lying? Or just taking Jassim's PR people's word on it?
There is no verifiable link. Whether he got the information or someone else did, which has been tweeted that is unclear. Without checking the source the sample of something tweeted cannot be checked. The tweet isn't reliable..

Lastly, even if it was 2021, united wasn't up for sale then.. it's one heck of a leap to suggest something set up before it happened then makes something else true. Even after it's been denied.

Nothing is to the wilfully blind.
See above; i assume it's wilfully blinkered to note that united wasn't for sale in 2021 or the document cannot be checked, and sources confirm it's not a state backed bid...

croadyman

Mark Goldbridge (yes that moron) has said repeatedly this past week that we can't compete with City unless we are 100% owned.

It should come as great surprise to him then that City's owner has sold 23% of the club.

This is the issue with this whole process and debate. Everyone is emotional, which I totally get, but a lot of people just don't have anything like the full facts or knowledge of what's going on. Goldbridge least of all.
Flex was proper depressed on Utd View last week when it looked like Qatar was out of the running too. Think the guy on Utd People's TV is much less emotional than either

Varun1

This process will take us at least till the end of June, if not July. Sadly, looks like it won't be completed before the transfer window opens.

Last edited:

Loon

:lol:
I hope all departments (esp Transfers) will just continue to run as normal as any company undergoing a sale would do. Should additional funds be made available post-sale that would be a bonus. Just concentrate on the targets we want first and foremost (and be in the fecking European Cup).

croadyman

I hope all departments (esp Transfers) will just continue to run as normal as any company undergoing a sale would do. Should additional funds be made available post-sale that would be a bonus. Just concentrate on the targets we want first and foremost (and be in the fecking European Cup).
Striker one will drag on I am sure of that

greenoffpearson

Mark Goldbridge (yes that moron) has said repeatedly this past week that we can't compete with City unless we are 100% owned.

It should come as great surprise to him then that City's owner has sold 23% of the club.

This is the issue with this whole process and debate. Everyone is emotional, which I totally get, but a lot of people just don't have anything like the full facts or knowledge of what's going on. Goldbridge least of all.
However the 23% was not sold to the Glazers, or their ilk, probably to vetted strategic partners and not simply money grabbing scum who enjoy a vice like grip.

bludsucker

No you’re right. I spoke to quickly.They don’t fulfill the threshold for a squeeze out which in the UK is at 90%.
But if i am right the shares are listed in the US and the threshold for squeeze out is different in different states (as low as 50%).

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
However the 23% was not sold to the Glazers, or their ilk, probably to vetted strategic partners and not simply money grabbing scum who enjoy a vice like grip.
US investors own quite a bit of City now actually just to correct you there.

Goldbridge makes his living doing this stuff and doesn't even know the most basic details. He's absolute poison on this fanbase because sadly quite a lot of people hang on his every word now.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Flex was proper depressed on Utd View last week when it looked like Qatar was out of the running too. Think the guy on Utd People's TV is much less emotional than either
Be very interesting to see their reactions if Qatar do a similar deal and allow the Glazers to remain in the background with a small minority.

In fact if Sir Jim was offering 100% buyout and Qatar was only offering enough to remove them as majority owners but also pledging massive transfer kitty they'd still prefer Qatar.

It is so painfully obvious what they want.

Son

The only thing that concerns me about Jim is that he comes in and uses no value in the market line. We have to be careful etc. I am not saying Qatar will be great owners as we do not know much about them.

I just want whoever comes in to put football first. Wouldn't that be nice. Can't wait to see the back of the glazers
You realise you can put football first without cheating under a state ownership. Bayern do that quite well and barely spend that much.

Fans will start throwing their toys out the pram with all the money even. Urgh we didn’t like this Mbappe get us Mbappe 2.0. Put football first spend another 200m on a single player. Give us more toys that are replaceable.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
You realise you can put football first without cheating under a state ownership. Bayern do that quite well and barely spend that much.

Fans will start throwing their toys out the pram with all the money even. Urgh we didn’t like this Mbappe get us Mbappe 2.0. Put football first spend another 200m on a single player. Give us more toys that are replaceable.
Bayern live in a one man show mate. Ido believe that a rich and competent could lead united to success. Unfortunately there is nothing competent about ineos (football wise)

Son

Be very interesting to see their reactions if Qatar do a similar deal and allow the Glazers to remain in the background with a small minority.

In fact if Sir Jim was offering 100% buyout and Qatar was only offering enough to remove them as majority owners but also pledging massive transfer kitty they'd still prefer Qatar.

They’d no doubt do some crazy mental gymnastics to assume the new position on part Glazer ownership.

Unfortunately for Qatar value already went way out the window having spent 7 billion+ on getting our club to something like functional :lol:

Buying us is like buying a 1950’s Ferrari with no engine. You could buy the new model for half as much which runs better than anything on the market but instead you want the collectors trophy, 1/1 just to say I own that.

whitbyviking

Stop talking sense, people don't want to hear it.

Very accurate summary though.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
I still can't get over that complete and total moron with a Qatar flag at OT.

A fecking Qatar flag. He was lucky it only got stolen off him. A few digs wouldn't have been appropriate, but the fact he felt empowered to go out into OT with that flag and not expect opposition is just so mind-blowingly stupid.

Last edited:

Amsterdam Devil

Could it be that everything is quiet now until we secure champions league football? So everything stays focused on the football side of the club. When everybody knows who the preferred buyer will be there will be a lot of unrest in the whole club, people fearing for their jobs and fearing for change. Maybe keep everything and everyone calm for now until we secure champions league football.

MDFC Manager

US investors own quite a bit of City now actually just to correct you there.
Two very different situations.

City owners purchased 100%, spent millions on driving up their valuation, and then sold a minority stake at a big profit from the original valuation.

This is exactly what Qatar will do as well. They're not gonna keep the glazers and let them make money while not investing anything.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I still can't get over that complete and total moron with a Qatar flag at OT.

A fecking Qatar flag. He was lucky it only got stolen off him. A few digs would've been appropriate.
The sad thing is him like so many others who are pro Qatar will have been bad mouthing City and their ownership model for about 10 years now no doubt.

Just one of dozens of videos he's done on the subject.

Funny how he doesn't think Qatar buying us will be the same isn't it?

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
The problem is that this dilly dallying by the Glazers is going to cost us some good players being bought by other top PL teams.
We will lose out.

cyberman

The sad thing is him like so many others who are pro Qatar will have been bad mouthing City and their ownership model for about 10 years now no doubt.

Just one of dozens of videos he's done on the subject.

Funny how he doesn't think Qatar buying us will be the same isn't it?
But isn’t his want of Qatar to compete a result of City ruining football? You’re just seeing his concerns come true?
It’s ok thinking everyone is comfortable on the outside watching City win major trophies tut tutting about the beautiful game but I’m not exactly seeing the media etc lament City almost relegating a side who has never gone down last weekend while keeping the title away from a side who hasn’t won it since mind 2000s

Status
Not open for further replies.