Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cathy Ferguson

If Ratcliffe can't eliminate the debt, build a new stadium and compete with City in the transfer market then we can forget about the PL unless they can invent some new major income stream. The club will not be worth more 3-5 years time.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Ratcliffe has a bid in that would be a full sale too and it’s apparently higher than this Qatar bid.
I can’t see that being the case, if they’ve been in contact with Raine and/or Glazers then it’s utterly pointless, and they wouldn’t bother.

Rockets Redglare

So his much improved bid is "close to 5b".. how low was his first bid?

Skint Jassim.
So if you wanted to buy something that’s worth 10 grand would you offer 12 just because you have the money?
No you’d offer 8 and try to bring the price down.

JuriM

My own feeling is that Avram and Joel sense something special is about to happen with EtH and want to be part of the excitement.
They would have given us money to buy a striker in the winter if they would care, they don't care.

prateik

So the current deals are
SJR .. @~6b valuation.. buys out the glazers' 69% for ~4.2b.. or buys out 50% for ~3b and leaves the Glazers with ~20% stake.

Jassim - 100% @ around 5b.. so the Glazers get ~3.5b

Its between 4.2b / 3b+20% of the club vs. 3.5b

SJR has it in the bag.. Jassim was here for the press coverage.. guy has no money / his dad wont give him what he wants.

Nick7

I can’t see that being the case, if they’ve been in contact with Raine and/or Glazers then it’s utterly pointless, and they wouldn’t bother.
I’m not going to pretend like I know anything about M&A but feck me the reporting on this from football journalists has been utterly shocking.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Way I've read it is SJ offering less than SJR but it's in full and paid now.

SJR is offering more but it's over 2-4 years and could potentially devalue if things were to keep rising.

This is why SJ believes his bid is better.
Yes

AlPistacho

Hopefully this gets accepted. The men’s & women’s team deserves the best. We deserve a stadium to compete with the Bernebou when it’s completely revamped and all the other top stadiums.

This is the moment where United either catches up or gets left behind. If Jim Ratcliffe and INEOS had any intention of clearing debt, developing the stadium/training ground etc they’d have said it by now.

Spoony

The People's President
[/QUOTE]
My own feeling is that Avram and Joel sense something special is about to happen with EtH and want to be part of the excitement.

I doubt it but even if it's true, they
could've felt that way before we started to limp along. They're taking the cash and Jim needs to pull his finger out.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I’m sure SJRs offer to buy only a controlling share is a compromise though. If they wanted to leave I’m sure he’d been more than happy to buy them out entirely. Jim’s offer only makes sense in the event they don’t want to leave.
I think it was also to help structure a deal that can be financially attractive. He can't afford to compete with Jassim on financial terms unless it's spread out.
There is no value to the Glazers staying if they are to be forced out in 2-4 years anyway, with no real say in that time.

LordSpud

Jackson says 5.5 billy
5.5 bill sat in the bank will work out more over 4 years than 6 billion from Jim. Reckon there will be all kinds of creative incentives too like inroads to take the NFL teams to that part of the country or some shite.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I’m not going to pretend like I know anything about M&A but feck me the reporting on this from football journalists has been utterly shocking.
Yeah it’s been all over the shop

Tango80

I don't see SJR shifting his bid. He doesn't need to.

Into the end game now.

Rojofiam

They said there was a new bud and would be briefed yesterday or today. In the mud pal.
Yeah, this is one of the accounts you trust. :lol:

These braindead Twitter ITKs are just 18 year old kids with a few thousand followers feeding bullshit to other kids. Literally all of them change their stories up every single day and then delete old tweets or something to cover up for it.

No one's in the mud, valuation is still lower than Ratcliffe who has multiple offers...so it's more than likely he can just give a 69% offer for the same valuation as his 51% offer.

lostcauz

So the current deals are
SJR .. @~6b valuation.. buys out the glazers' 69% for ~4.2b.. or buys out 50% for ~3b and leaves the Glazers with ~20% stake.

SJR has it in the bag.. Jassim was here for the press coverage.. guy has no money / his dad wont give him what he wants.
It would be over if your figures were at all realistic

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
So the current deals are

But SJ is clearing the debt and offering a £1bn fund for the club and surrounding area so he’s putting more money in.

£5.5bn + Debt of close to a BN if I remember correctly (700m ish?) and £1Bn fund = £7.2BN

RedDevilUnited369

If SJR has a bid for all 69%, why would he offer a second bid in which two Glazers can stay and pay them more money?

Make it make sense.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Yeah, this is one of the accounts you trust. :lol:

These braindead Twitter ITKs are just 18 year old kids with a few thousand followers feeding bullshit to other kids. Literally all of them change their stories up every single day and then delete old tweets or something to cover up for it.

No one's in the mud, valuation is still lower than Ratcliffe who has multiple offers...so it's more than likely he can just give a 69% offer for the same valuation as his 51% offer.
In the mud son.

Nick7

If SJR has a bid for all 69%, why would he offer a second bid in which two Glazers can stay and pay them more money?

Make it make sense.
Because neither Joel not Avram actually want to sell. The second bid allows them to stay on as part owners of the club but gives all control to SJR

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
So the current deals are

Looks that way.

dove

1 billion for the debt which the glazers don't care about

so only 4.5 bil

derisory offer from the Qatari joker
I swear every "improved" offer from them is always exactly the same, at least according to the media.

Barthez

Definitely looks like it’s going to Jassim. Let’s just hope they hurry the paperwork through.

Rojofiam

In the mud son.
You claimed the Glazers were in Doha what...2 weeks ago? Keep lapping up 18 year old kids' tweets that they make up in 10 minutes while taking a shit at home. Insane how gullible people can be. :lol:

Keegan himself, Qatar's chosen mouthpiece has reported that this 4th bid is still lower than Ratcliffe's 3rd bid.

prateik

But SJ is clearing the debt and offering a £1bn fund for the club and surrounding area so he’s putting more money in.

£5.5bn + Debt of close to a BN if I remember correctly (700m ish?) and £1Bn fund = £7.2BN
Would the Glazers care? SJ can promise to invest 10b in the first year, but if he is offering the Glazers much less than SJR, it wont be accepted.
Surely they go with the bid that gives them more money

Gandalf

So the current deals are

If your figures were correct possibly so, but you are just guessing like the rest of us and making numbers up to fit your theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.