Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stw2022

Ratcliffe is essentially a continuation of how the club has been run under the Glazers; it'll be run as a business with very likely a debt to service. Highly likely he'll need to look for investment himself for upgrading the stadium.

Of course if he sells some of his shares in Ineos he might avoid that, but on the assumption he isn't going to then capital is going to come from club revenues or alternative investment.

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
I was hoping we would get something after the game today, like the Vince McMahon Higher power reveal:

Joel Glazer: "it's time to reveal the preferred bidder..."

A mysterious hooded figure walks out of the tunnel towards the centre circle.

Joel removes the hood. It's Avram Glazer

"It's me Neville. It was me all along".

The sound of glass breaking is heard from the gantry, as Gary Neville heads through the crowd towards the pitch with a steel chair.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Then disagree, I don’t mind it. I am happy to be disagreed with and accept peoples opinions

Being told I’m talking shite is a bit of a dick move though
I did not imagine it would bother you, to be honest. It wasn't really meant to. I'm quite sure there's been occasions I've been annoyed enough at you to mean such but on this occasion I agree it isn't called for. I do apologise.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I was hoping we would get something after the game today, like the Vince McMahon Higher power reveal:

The sound of glass breaking is heard from the gantry, as Gary Neville heads through the crowd towards the pitch with a steel chair.
Neville races onto the pitch and begins hitting Avram in the face and stamping his foot on the floor at the exact same time that his slaps land, but Avram tags Joel in and the two of them double clothes line Neville, leave him dazed on the floor. Avram struts around Neville, running his hands through his weird ‘ponytail’ and holding his hand to his ear gesturing to the crowd as they boo loudly…

Suddenly, the Undertaker theme kicks in and the lights go down…

Sheik Jassim slowly walks up the tunnel with his head down and his kaffiyeh hanging down over his face.

Avram and Joel begin to panic, pointing at the emerging Sheik and covering their mouths with shock…

(someone else please carry this on)

Last edited:

AndySmith1990

Neville races onto the pitch and begins hitting Avram in the face and stamping his foot on the floor at the exact same that his slaps land, but Avram tags Joel in and the two of them double clothes line Neville, leave him dazed on the floor. Avram struts around Neville, running his hands through his weird ‘ponytail’ and holding his hand to his ear gesturing to the crowd as they boo loudly…

Suddenly, the Undertaker theme kicks in and the lights go down…

Sheik Jassim slowly walks up the tunnel with his head down and his kaffiyeh hanging down over his face.

Avram and Joel begin to panic, pointing at the emerging Sheik and covering their mouths with shock…

(someone else please carry this on)
Hey ChatGPT. Write me a brief story about the ongoing Manchester United takeover in the style of WWE. Include Gary Neville

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Abu Dhabi seem to own at least 9% of the Raine group. Here is a link.
That’s both hilarious and slightly farcical. I wonder if the Glazers were expecting a Saudi bid? Seems a poor appointment otherwise! (Not really, obviously you’d trust their professionalism and impartiality.) You can see why Jassim may have gone direct though. :wenger:

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv

"AND THERE HE IS!! Gary Neville! OH HE'S TALKIN!! HE'S WALKIN' !!'"

Blackbeard

Supports
Bristol City
If this is definitely a state bid as Ratcliffe fans assure it is then Qatar will win. I don’t buy the arguments that they have a limit and won’t go any higher. If it’s a state bid and a country wants a club for sports washing they will never have a better opportunity to own the biggest club in the world. A few billion for a country with hundreds of billions will mean nothing.

MarkoDolohov

Not allowed to post media yet but I can see Stoney has Tweeted out that there is a feeling the Qataris may come back in for another bid. No preferred bidder yet it seems. Strange I would have thought if the Glazers really wanted to sell they'd have done so by now and not be holding out more from the Emir

RedDevilRoshi

Not allowed to post media yet but I can see Stoney has Tweeted out that there is a feeling the Qataris may come back in for another bid. No preferred bidder yet it seems. Strange I would have thought if the Glazers really wanted to sell they'd have done so by now and not be holding out more from the Emir
Is the tweet you are referring to the Utd Stand one two posts above your post?

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Makes sense, if the Glazers haven't selected INEOS as their preferred bidder it heavily implies they still think they can get more from Qatar.

If I were INEOS at this point I'd signal my willingness to walk away, to try to push the Glazers to make a decision.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Definitely feels like the Glazers using Jimmy to squeeze the Qataris for every penny and it is also logical why Qatar didn't bid up to what they probably are willing to upfront.

They know/knew they're the only option the scum have to sell out and ride into the sunset, so why extend yourself when you know the rats will try to squeeze you anyway.

Not good for the club though but if it means some of the money saved on making the Glazer pricks happy is invested in our squad and facilities, then it's somewhat more bearable.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
We shall spend the rest of our lives hearing that 'the new increased Qatar bid is in the same ball park as the offer from Sir Jim Ratcliffe' as they up it by £5 every fortnight.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Disgraceful that this is still ongoing.

Parasites.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Definitely feels like the Glazers using Jimmy to squeeze the Qataris for every penny and it is also logical why Qatar didn't bid up to what they probably are willing to upfront.

They know/knew they're the only option the scum have to sell out and ride into the sunset, so why extend yourself when you know the rats will try to squeeze you anyway.

Not good for the club though but if it means some of the money saved on making the Glazer pricks happy is invested in our squad and facilities, then it's somewhat more bearable.
Correct. They would essentially be bidding against themselves.

Cloud7

Beginning to wonder if this will even be sorted before the start of next season. There seems to be no end in sight.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Did think we would be hearing something solid by now. Pure guess, but reckon it's Qatar not paying what the Glazers want and Ratcliffe's offer being backup option. They will wait this out for as long as possible, they don't care about the club, wait and hope. If all else fails take the offers and ride off to the sunset. We need one of the buyers to walk away.

Castia

There was loads of talk last week about it being sorted within 48 hours

Nobody knows feck all do they

Status
Not open for further replies.