Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CG1010

It's obvious that the sale process will hamper us to some extent in the preparations for the next season. Only question is by how much? I just hope we don't have a bad season and constantly the uncertainty in the sale process is cited as an explanation.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Miguel Delaney was completely wrong?
I believe another mark against his ridiculously poor record.

MarkoDolohov

This is my understanding as well 50.01% is $3bn not £3bn plus the Glazers also hold additional ‘A Shares’ alongside other huge investors who will be putting pressure on the Glazers to accept the full bid, SJ bid probably values the voting shares at a higher rate than the A shares so I would say these two figures are much closer than people think, there might be a $10 premium for the Voting B shares so for example The Glazers own 113 million voting B shares which at current close today was valued at $18.97 with a market cap of $3.13bn, there are another 50 million shares which makes up the 31% owned by other investors including hedge funds, bankers, etc.

£4.8bn or $5.927bn for or all 163 million shares is $36.36 per share but this would mean that all other investors would gain the same premium as the Glazers class B Shares, the more likely scenario is that SJ has offered $39.77 (Twice the current Share Price) to the 113 million voting class b shares owned by the Glazers would be an offer of $4.494bn. This would mean that an offer of approximately $28.66 would be offered for A shares which is a higher offer than the maximum share price achieved on the NYSE this year. This would actually mean that the Glazers would receive more from SJ not SJR and this is where the delay is coming from the breakdown of the bid and hue the money will be transferred.

I keep saying if SJR takes 50.01% he can change the registration of the company from the Cayman islands to another country where capital gains tax could be demanded on a complexed deal like staggered layered buy out which is being proposed, hugely risky for the Glazers and a hugely complicated contract!

The delay is obvious they want more money and hope SJ will go back to Qatar and ask for £5.25-5.5bn with an even higher value per voting share I think they want $44/45 which is $5bn for their voting shares then offering $30 for the remaining 50m shares equals $1.5bn which is $6.5bn or £5.25bn bid plus the £635m debt equals a final bid of £5.885bn or $7.3bn
The reporting of this bid has been shambolic. Am I wrongfully putting the blame on the ft/bloomberg and other business sources for nor having a clue as to what's gone on

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
The reporting of this bid has been shambolic. Am I wrongfully putting the blame on the ft/bloomberg and other business sources for nor having a clue as to what's gone on
As far as I am aware FT/Bloomberg doesn’t engage in petty rumours and only report when things are all said and done

It’s just us football fans are so fickle and chomping at the bit for updates ever hour of every day that we get rehashed stories every other day.

As painful as it we just got to wait

MarkoDolohov

As far as I am aware FT/Bloomberg doesn’t engage in petty rumours and only report when things are all said and done

It’s just us football fans are so fickle and chomping at the bit for updates ever hour of every day that we get rehashed stories every other day.

As painful as it we just got to wait
Guilty as charged! The highs and lows are exciting. I tell myself I'm going to remove myself but I find myself coming back stronger. I think what helps is this place from a moderation POV seems fairly neutral. On r/reddevils anything pro Qatari will result in a temp ban for trolling.

RedDevilRoshi

I wonder what’ll happen first - Glazers finally sell up and leave OR Tottenham finally win a trophy ?

Cloud7

ETH did somewhat allude to this by saying that the club needs investment to continue moving forward. The one thing I wanted was for this to be sorted before the summer so our transfer plans could progress and we could build on this season’s progress next year

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
So do we know how much Alanis has bid?

VWW

At some point you should stop marking an already poor record. For Delaney, that point was reached 5+ years ago.
I still remember that time he put out a tweet about some transfer news (cant remember which) and it was immediately disproved a minute later from another tweet. In all my years of being on this site (since Sir Alex's retirement) he consistently made things up. I still have no idea why he isnt on the banned list.

DOTA

I still remember that time he put out a tweet about some transfer news (cant remember which) and it was immediately disproved a minute later from another tweet. In all my years of being on this site (since Sir Alex's retirement) he consistently made things up. I still have no idea why he isnt on the banned list.
You had a previous account, did you?

VWW

You had a previous account, did you?
No....I just lurked for a few years then eventually decided to register. I generally dont have a lot to say but I enjoy the coming here.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
Imagine waking up each day knowing most of United's 1.1 billion global fanbase utterly despises you. The Glazers must have really thick skin to not care at all or they are grossly deluded.
They don't care. In terms of United's 1.1 billion fan base, they've got one hand in our pocket.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Rumours on the bird app, 5th bud incoming from the sheik if true this only ends one way.
The fact you can’t share the tweets because they’re from nobodies should tell you all you need to know.

Woziak

I totally agree we don’t know the currency the bids are in, we don’t know the actual bids, the method of the bids and what is going on last Thursday there was suppose to be a board meeting with Lindsell Train and Ariel investment, two of the biggest shareholders of the 31% minority.

It’s clear that the 31% minority would also like to receive a premium on their A voting shares, all be it Not as high as Voting B Shares. The only thing we can say for sure is the Glazers are greedy self serving cnuts and they probably won’t sell until they get £6bn

croadyman

How long after a bid is accepted can we expect to see new owners in charge, and able to sanction transfer activity?

Are the bidders themselves not pushing to get this resolved ASAP? Surely the new owners don't want a scenario where we go into next season with zero signings because they couldn't get the takeover done in time? That scenario would very possibly resign us to a non-top 4 finish next season and having to start the whole rebuilding process again next summer with no CL revenue.

This whole thing is a farce.
Been a complete farce from the start

Woziak

They don't want INEOS offer.
It does seem that is the case, probably because how complicated a layered takeover would be, it seems they are smoking out the Qataris for a final 5th Bid to try and get £5.5/5.7 billion final offer.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
It does seem that is the case, probably because how complicated a layered takeover would be, it seems they are smoking out the Qataris for a final 5th Bid to try and get £5.5/5.7 billion final offer.
Yeah I think they will get it too.

I’ll legitimately be surprised if Qatar don’t up their bud at least once more

croadyman

Why do I get the feeling this still won't reach what Ratcliffe is offering them in total so what's the point in making it

DOTA

No....I just lurked for a few years then eventually decided to register. I generally dont have a lot to say but I enjoy the coming here.
Right answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.