Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FujiVice

So many people are convinced that we get battered on Saturday and the Qatar announcement comes at 8pm. I cant say I'd get my hopes up about one of those things happening.

Red00012

Well, isn’t that a good thing for Qatar? If Jim was ahead wouldn’t they negotiate with Qatar and see if there was any more there?
I deal with clients and if they aren’t interested they don’t get back to me :wenger:

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
'Sorry, I thought I'd replied to this. Yeah, we're still mulling it over. Talk soon.

Joel'

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
This thread has taken an entertaining turn in places. SneijderCafe vibes from 2010.
Sneijder or Giatan :D episode.

But Glazers will leave, there are no many options for them. They have reached the point of diminishing returns, they have squeezed enough juice from United and they know the juice is not worth the squeeze anymore

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
It's the only way we'll be able to consistently compete against the Citys / Newcastles of the world going forward
Fair enough, but that’s not competing at football, just a “who’s got the biggest dad” competition.

Which is why it becomes less interesting.

In my humble of course, other views are available

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Fair enough, but that’s not competing at football, just a “who’s got the biggest dad” competition.

Which is why it becomes less interesting.

In my humble of course, other views are available
Sure, but like I said, that Pandora's Box is already open whether we like it or not. Short of new regulations to help level the playing field (which may or may not even be enforceable), there's not much we can do about it.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
'Sorry, I thought I'd replied to this. Yeah, we're still mulling it over. Talk soon.

Joel'
But then she never does want to talk again because she doesn't want to be mean to you but she just doesn't like you so keep hoping she'll text again but she never does :(

Teja

Just out of curiosity, what would happen if there was a rule that said all companies over a certain size by market cap must be public companies?

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
It honestly feels increasingly like they don’t even want to sell.

I think for them, having someone come in and pay for all the things they’re too pathetic to sort themselves - stadium, infrastructure, compete with other clubs, while still remaining attached to the club is what they want.

I mean their whole lives have revolved around someone else paying for everything they want - it’s natural that that’s what they gravitate toward.

They’ll need to be driven out of the club imo.

C'est Moi Cantona

"As I understand it", I know every day is a day off for these sort of journos, but just have a day off Jamie, and tell Miguel to do the same, it's embarrassing at this point.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
"As I understand it", I know every day is a day off for these sort of journos, but just have a day off Jamie, and tell Miguel to do the same, it's embarrassing at this point.
ESPN sources understand that neither of them get days off when it comes to nonsense.

glasgow 21

Someone confirm? Its Manchester United up for sale, so any bills associated with pulling the plug (i.e Raine group bills) is on United and not the Glazers, is that correct or am i miles off.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Someone confirm? Its Manchester United up for sale, so any bills associated with pulling the plug (i.e Raine group bills) is on United and not the Glazers, is that correct or am i miles off.
The Glazers' shares are for sale, they are the clients.

pascell

Why would the debt be passed on when Raine Group have a binding agreement with the Glazer family and not Man United?

Infra-red

The Glazers' shares are for sale, they are the clients.
Raine are advising the club. The Glazer family are being advised by Rothschild & Co. I'd assume that is how the fees will be allocated.

L1nk

Some really bitter people in here upset that the likely outcome is SJR, it is what it is.

Hopefully it’s not one of the minority investment firms

Redfrog

That’s different to glorifying an image of the devil further. It’s one thing keeping things as status quo, but this would be going out of your way to change something that no one would bat an eyelid if you didn’t.
It’s not the devil but a devil. Big difference.

Tango80

This is true. But I think most people trust Qatar to run the club better than Jim and the Glazers.

People throw PSG at them a lot, but give me PSG over Nice any day of the week.
Also, give me Nice over Malaga any day off the week.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
A player we had agreed a fee for with his club was a ‘stupid thread’? Right.
Yes, wasting our time agreeing a fee with his club before even ensuring he was interested in joining was remarkably stupid.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Yes, wasting our time agreeing a fee with his club before even ensuring he was interested in joining was remarkably stupid.
‘Remarkably stupid’. Absolute nonsense. You’re firstly a million miles from being qualified on determining what approaches are remarkably stupid anyway, but secondly - whether a player wants to leave or not, there is always a GOOD chance that player will leave if his club tell him they want to sell him. That didn’t happen in this instance, however, it’s never stupid to pursue a settled/happy player who is no longer wanted by his club. We have a few of those who will likely leave us in the next couple of months ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.