Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
You keep trying to make this a thing, and it's cute, but I'd bet my house that you'll find a lot more Brexit supporters in your Qatar crowd.

The ones talking about "woke" and snowflakes? Qatar. The ones saying that maybe democracy isn't that big of a deal after all? Qatar. DeSantis fans? Qatar. Crying about Disney and Netflix because black people and gay people? Qatar. Of the two posters in this thread that I know voted for Brexit, one prefers Qatar and the other seems skeptical of both bidders.

A quality sample size that.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I voted remain and I want the mad Finnish dude to come back.

L1nk

Again, complete uproar over a nothing burger, calling Ratcliffe a rat and just another Glazer. DOTA is right I think a load of you just are refusing to understand or see what's going on.

So basically, Ratcliffe/INEOS takes over control of the club and the Glazers get to keep a small stake of shares that will eventually be bought out by Ratcliffe/INEOS in order to own all the shares?

How is he "getting into bed with the Glazers" I don't know why you all think he actually wants to get into "bed with the Glazers" Why don't you use your brains and stop getting all emotional over nothing, this means the Glazers will lose control over the club and eventually be gone forever. It's clear as day they do not want to leave just yet and so this might be our only way of actually wrestling the club from their hands, did you ever think of that? For some reason you are all extremely salty and mad that the Glazers won't undersell to SJ.

My mind is blown by a lot of the stupidity in this thread tonight

AlPistacho

I think a great number of you are quite deliberately refusing to understand.
What are we refusing to understand ?
Started out with a full bid on finance not removing the clubs existing debt. No commitment to developing the stadium, no committing to anything tangible really just “putting the Manchester back in Manchester” should have been “keeping the glazers in Manchester”

Has them escalated to keeping two glazers on and now the entire bunch.

Vs a bid that has always been a full purchase. Not financed. Removes the debt. Makes tangibly pledges to the M&F squads, stadium, training ground and local area.

It’s you that doesn’t understand and refuses to understand no matter how obvious Ratcliffe starts to become.

Edwards6

Who cares that the 6 Glazers retain shares as long as Ratcliffe takes control (before eventually buying them out fully)?

So many of you on here are ridiculously hysterical.
Do you believe Ratcliffe would pay off the debt and invest the necessary money for the training ground and stadium if he only owns 51% of the club?
I care if the Glazers are retaining shares because its just so they can keep leaching money from the club and hoping someone is stupid enough to invest so they can benefit from the profits

Berbaclass

I should've put it in a tweet, you'd have loved it.
Sorry I don't know who you are.

You seem to be suggesting there is a correlation between Brexit and pro-Qatar people?

You realize there is an actual connection between Ratcliffe and Brexit right? He probably part-funded it.

Tender Teacher

I’ve never been sure where exactly the notion that Qatar will inevitably blow all challengers out of the water came from.

Dubai couldn’t agree a price with David Moores to buy Liverpool in 2007
Abu Dhabi couldn’t agree a price with Mike Ashley to buy Newcastle in 2008
Saudi Arabia couldn’t agree a price with Daniel Levy to buy Tottenham in 2019
Qatar couldn’t agree a price with Daniel Levy to buy a minority share in Tottenham this year

It’s not just a case of what they want, they get.

These countries don’t like to be seen as fools either.

AlPistacho

Again, complete uproar over a nothing burger, calling Ratcliffe a rat and just another Glazer. DOTA is right I think a load of you just are refusing to understand or see what's going on.

So basically, Ratcliffe/INEOS takes over control of the club and the Glazers get to keep a small stake of shares that will eventually be bought out by Ratcliffe/INEOS in order to own all the shares?

How is he "getting into bed with the Glazers" I don't know why you all think he actually wants to get into "bed with the Glazers" Why don't you use your fecking brains and stop getting all emotional over nothing, this means the Glazers will lose control over the club and eventually be gone forever. It's clear as day they do not want to leave just yet and so this might be our only way of actually wrestling the club from their hands, did you ever think of that? For some reason you are all extremely salty and mad that the Glazers won't undersell to SJ.

My mind is blown by a lot of the stupidity in this thread tonight christ
considering your language and tone perhaps you’re the one getting emotional.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Extremely depressing news.

A ownership combo filled with extreme greed and with a history of lies and broken promises. With them I probably have to look forward to 10-15 years of countless of disappointments. We will probably end up as a mid-table club without any real hopes winning something.

Deeply disappointed to see these scums and a rotten little rat destroying something I so deeply care about.

AlPistacho

You keep trying to make this a thing, and it's cute, but I'd bet my house that you'll find a lot more Brexit supporters in your Qatar crowd.

The ones talking about "woke" and snowflakes? Qatar. The ones saying that maybe democracy isn't that big of a deal after all? Qatar. DeSantis fans? Qatar. Crying about Disney and Netflix because black people and gay people? Qatar. Of the two posters in this thread that I know voted for Brexit, one prefers Qatar and the other seems skeptical of both bidders.
Ratcliffe was as pro Brexit as it came.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Whether one Glazer stays in a minority, or all of them, makes little difference to me

Either way is shit
There is probably a whole bunch of shareholders that if you knew who they were you also wouldn’t like, but that’s the point. At least now they won’t have any actual say in the running of the club. Id also prefer if they fecked off. But not as much as I’d prefer not to be a state ran club

NotThatSoph

Sorry I don't know who you are.

You seem to be suggesting there is a correlation between Brexit and pro-Qatar people?

You realize there is an actual connection between Ratcliffe and Brexit right? He probably part-funded it.
Yes, I'm saying that you'll find more Brexit supporters among the people supporting the Qatar bid. The vast majority won't be Brexiteers, of course, there are very few of them on the Caf.

Yes, of course I know that Ratcliffe wanted Brexit, everyone knows that.

Berbaclass

Yes, I'm saying that you'll find more Brexit supporters among the people supporting the Qatar bid. The vast majority won't be Brexiteers, of course, there are very few of them on the Caf.

Yes, of course I know that Ratcliffe wanted Brexit, everyone knows that.
Can you provide any evidence of this claim?

putzmcgee123

The way I am reading this Financial Times story suggests, under the current Ratcliffe structure they are now reviewing, now all 6 of them have to be willing to not fully cash out now. Personally, I think that makes this outcome less likely when all 6 of them to agree to this sell down, rather than just Joel and Avram. It seems those two might not be as keen on holding onto all of their shares, huh? Painfully obvious that was Raine blowing smoke.

"Multiple people said the process, which was first announced in November last year, has been complicated by a lack of cohesion among the six Glazer siblings."

Do we have any reason to believe this lack of cohesion will end anytime soon? I still feel that once the Qataris hit the right number for a full takeover now, this will be put to rest.

It has to be said, the longer it drags out and the more fans are led to believe the chances of "Glazers Out" are decreasing, the more of a hero Jassim will appear to be if they "swoop in" complete the full takeover. We shall see.

DownRiver

The support for Jim Glazer is at an all-time low.

It actually makes sense for all 6 glazers to have a staggered approach out, why would they want Joel and Avram to get more money than themselves? I mean, it's not like they are losing money right now.

Berbaclass

The way I am reading this Financial Times story suggests, under the current Ratcliffe structure they are now reviewing, now all 6 of them have to be willing to not fully cash out now. Personally, I think that makes this outcome less likely when all 6 of them to agree to this sell down, rather than just Joel and Avram. It seems those two might not be as keen on holding onto all of their shares, huh? Painfully obvious that was Raine blowing smoke.

"Multiple people said the process, which was first announced in November last year, has been complicated by a lack of cohesion among the six Glazer siblings."

Do we have any reason to believe this lack of cohesion will end anytime soon? I still feel that once the Qataris hit the right number for a full takeover now, this will be put to rest.

It has to be said, the longer it drags out and the more fans are led to believe the chances of "Glazers Out" are decreasing, the more of a hero Jassim will appear to be if they "swoop in" complete the full takeover. We shall see.
That's the most concerning thing contained in the article. Good luck with getting all six to agree to something like this.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv

How is he "getting into bed with the Glazers" I don't know why you all think he actually wants to get into "bed with the Glazers" Why don't you use your brains and stop getting all emotional over nothing, this means the Glazers will lose control over the club and eventually be gone forever. It's clear as day they do not want to leave just yet and so this might be our only way of actually wrestling the club from their hands, did you ever think of that? For some reason you are all extremely salty and mad that the Glazers won't undersell to SJ.

My mind is blown by a lot of the stupidity in this thread tonight
It's the talk of "obvious ploy to get more out of SJ" that gets me tickled the most. Transfer muppetry and talks of "smokescreens" seems to infiltrate everything.

L1nk

I think its more likely that why should the siblings cash out now when Joel and Avram will get more money for their shares a couple years down the road when Ratcliffe buys them out. I can’t imagine they are happy about that

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
That's the most concerning thing contained in the article. Good luck with getting all six to agree to something like this.
whenever I enter the thread you always seem so rattled. I also think the same thing.why is it so hard to understand? Some people just don’t want their club ran by a state funded regime whose country has many rules and opinions they strongly disagree with.

NotThatSoph

Can you provide any evidence of this claim?
The evidence is that those complaining about wokeness, SJWs, gay people, black people, democracy etc. support Qatar. Those who cheer on DeSantis's attacks on the American LGBT+ population support Qatar. These are the kinds of attitudes and views that correlate with supporting Brexit.

The vast majority of Cafites preferring either of the bids won't be anything like this, but that wasn't the question.

Berbaclass

whenever I enter the thread you always seem so rattled. I also think the same thing.why is it so hard to understand? Some people just don’t want their club to a state funded regime whose country has many rules and opinions they strongly disagree with.
In what way does that correspond to the post you quoted?

Berbaclass

The evidence is that those complaining about wokeness, SJWs, gay people, black people, democracy etc. support Qatar. Those who cheer on DeSantis's attacks on the American LGBT+ population support Qatar. These are the kinds of attitudes and views that correlate with supporting Brexit.

The vast majority of Cafites preferring either of the bids won't be anything like this, but that wasn't the question.
No then.

Cloud7

The person who said JR always briefs on a Friday was spot on :lol:

Following the trend they proposed I expect the next Qatar story to be on Monday.

And of course for us to actually be no closer to a resolution.

laughtersassassin

Glazers staying isn't a big deal if the new owner has majority control + a pre agreement that they will be bought out at a set price over a number of years.

Basically Jim will control club but pays less money to Glazers up front. That means more money to invest in club now.

Obviously if the Glazers have control then it would be shite but that doesn't sound like it'll be the case with this scenario

owlo

I think a great number of you are quite deliberately refusing to understand.
It's really quite easy to understand if the reports are true. The charlatan can't afford the club, so is using the clubs money to pay off the Glazers slowly but surely.

putzmcgee123

I think its more likely that why should the siblings cash out now when Joel and Avram will get more money for their shares a couple years down the road when Ratcliffe buys them out. I can’t imagine they are happy about that
It's impossible to say for sure without access to information we simply are not privy to, along with having no knowledge of the motivations of each Glazer sibling. It is entirely possible that one or more of them want to make a clean break now and look at other investments that they feel offer a better return than what Ratcliffe is offering years down the road. We just don't know for sure.

My main takeaway here is the piece about lack of cohesion amongst the siblings. These poor suckers at Raine probably got more than they bargained for dealing with these muppets. Their payoff at the end will help ease the pain, no doubt.

L1nk

Glazers staying isn't a big deal if the new owner has majority control + a pre agreement that they will be bought out at a set price over a number of years.

Basically Jim will control club but pays less money to Glazers up front. That means more money to invest in club now.

Obviously if the Glazers have control then it would be shite but that doesn't sound like it'll be the case with this scenario
It’s not but people are refusing to see this and read the word “Glazer” and see red instead of rationally thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.