Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
That is what we have to hope for. That for Brexit Jim and INEOS as a capitalist enterprise that this is not just a business venture but something he wants to have a legacy over.
That’s what he’s said in his PR. Not sure why that PR is less believable than the Sheikh’s considering the initial story of him blowing everyone out of the water and money being no object has since been shown to be complete and utter bollocks.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
That’s what he’s said in his PR. Not sure why that PR is less believable than the Sheikh’s considering the initial story of him blowing everyone out of the water and money being no object has since been shown to be complete and utter bollocks.
I think his intentions are in line with his PR for what it’s worth.
In fairness the Glazers have massively overblown the clubs price hence we are in the situation where someone as rich as Ratcliffe is taking on board working with the leeches for a while

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I think his intentions are in line with his PR for what it’s worth.
In fairness the Glazers have massively overblown the clubs price hence we are in the situation where someone as rich as Ratcliffe is taking on board working with the leeches for a while
I just think he’s being pragmatic. Provided he gets control of the club and can buy them out further down the line it makes sense. The Glazers also get a premium so it works for them. Like the article says - it means he’s committing less capital now which allows him to spend on the club immediately. Ever since this story of him allowing them to say in a minority came out I’ve felt he would win unless Qatar made a huge bid. If they were going to make that bid I don’t see why they haven’t already done so.

cheekybackheel

Are we sold yet?
I dont think so.

But from what I can gather this morning reading this thread is that, the Qataris have bought out Ineos but kept Jim on. Jim's bought a new light aircraft with the money to fly over Old Trafford with a banner saying 'Glazers Out' and the Glazers have bought some Anti-Aircraft missiles from the Qataris to blow Jim's plane up.

Something like that...

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
I just think he’s being pragmatic. Provided he gets control of the club and can buy them out further down the line it makes sense. The Glazers also get a premium so it works for them. Like the article says - it means he’s committing less capital now which allows him to spend on the club immediately. Ever since this story of him allowing them to say in a minority came out I’ve felt he would win unless Qatar made a huge bid. If they were going to make that bid I don’t see why they haven’t already done so.
Yeah I have long come to accept he would win as well given how long it has dragged out so the hope is the PR is true. I would be saying the same thing if the Qataris had won.

Tiber

It may have been but I don’t recall him saying he would make Utd debt free. I thought that was one of the big issues supporters had with his bid.
A few weeks ago the athletic podcast said the debt would remain under Ratcliffe, only Qatar has any intention of clearing it. Jim comes packaged with continued Glazers on the board for years to come and many more years debt payments. What a guy

LordSpud

Glazers wanted financial backing. Essentially that's what they are going to be getting. Win win for them. Big L for the rest of us.

Msuker

So, INEOS went from no Glazers, to two Glazers, to all the Glazers.

Cool. What's going to be the next little nugget to come out?
If only the Glazers would offer a 5% discount to the buyer for double-decking their surname with Glazer. We could end up with seven Glazers.

cheekybackheel

It's not that it's less believable it's simply that Jim words can also be 'complete and utterly bollocks'

A buyer can say what they like in the lead up to the sale, its what they do once they own it that matters.
Saying and doing are two completely different things.
If Jim wins the bid then I really hope he does put money into the club, rebuild Old Trafford etc etc

But I'll believe it when I see it.

MDFC Manager

It's not that it's less believable it's simply that Jim words can also be 'complete and utterly bollocks'

A buyer can say what they like in the lead up to the sale, its what they do once they own it that matters.
Saying and doing are two completely different things.
If Jim wins the bid then I really hope he does put money into the club, rebuild Old Trafford etc etc

But I'll believe it when I see it.
I think he'll definitely do that, he's going to invest. But I'm also sure it will be against loans, which the club will service in some form or another.

Zora

Glazers wanted financial backing. Essentially that's what they are going to be getting. Win win for them. Big L for the rest of us.
I respect your fears coming true, as I share these same anxieties. But don't state stuff as if it's fact.

Literally, every journalist changes their story depending on what day it is. We've read all kinds of rubbish and will continue to do so.

How about we actually try to enjoy a cup final instead of believing every single article the British media print?

RedDevilUnited369

This is it. It’s basically SJR coming in as the front man publicly but really he’s just an investor. It’s likely a deal behind closed doors that the Glazers will still be in charge with Jimmy having a voting right on the board.

There will still be more Glazers to out vote him if necessary.

The Glazers know something is coming in the future. It’s a genius move by them.

Telsim

I don't seem to understand what the Glazers get out of this arrangement? I can see how it benefits Ratcliffe, he won't need to pay a lot of money upfront, but I need someone to explain to me what's in it for them? I'm assuming the rate at which Ratcliffe will supposedly buy them down the line will be fixed beforehand? I very much doubt it's going to be based on the club's performance. It would be crazy to do so, because basically Ratcliffe would be growing the club with his investments just to pay them more money for his trouble in the end. Unless, of course, he decides to not invest anything at all during this period, which would be troublesome for the club. So, they will stick around for years in a position with very little power, presumably won't take dividends, and for... what exactly?

Couple that with INEOS's deliberate vagueness around the issue of the debt, I think there's a lot we are not being told about this supposed deal, and it's not at all what it seems.

Spoony

The People's President
I'd love to see Ratcliffe's plans for OT. I reckon he'd keep the club at OT, whereas Jassim would probably build a new stadium. I'd like an extensive redevelopment of Old Trafford. Although I do know fans who would love to relocate back from North Manchester.

Tarrou

This is it. It’s basically SJR coming in as the front man publicly but really he’s just an investor. It’s likely a deal behind closed doors that the Glazers will still be in charge with Jimmy having a voting right on the board.

so Jimmy's giving away a couple of bil for a board seat? Makes sense

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Only if they feel compelled to sell. Basic logic also dictates that a sole bid that falls way short of the asking price will result in a greater reluctance to sell outright, and a greater acceptance of minority investment.
They need to sell. What about that don’t you understand

Infra-red

Anyone mind providing the tldr of today's developments? Is it done dealio for Sir Jim?
Looks increasingly that way, yes. The FT report that he's been in New York recently for further talks, building on The Athletic's story last week that Ineos and the Glazers are putting the building blocks in place for the takeover.

There is probably still scope for a last-minute mega offer from Qatar, but short of that, it looks as though Ineos' flexibility has won the day.

Telsim

They get an offer that's closer to their asking price.
So, Jassim has offered to pay upfront, but less, while Ratcliffe has offered to pay more, but deferred?

I suppose that makes sense. I haven't really kept up with who has offered what.

Baxquux

I'm very wary of SJR. but there's no way on earth this is the case. No-one is seriously investing in this club, even setting aside the 'fan' angle, without assuming a controlling stake right from the off. And the Glazers are playing with a weak hand- they can't afford not to at the very least bring substantial external investment in; all they can do is play poker to maximize immediate and then possible later payout for themselves. Irrespective of who 's deemed more likely to assume control, every analyst agrees on this. Negotiating higher price, they have leverage around; track record as 'managers' of the club, even setting aside their toxic brand amongst fans and football professionals, not so much.

Rojofiam

One of the dumbest takes so far in this thread, which is saying something.

justboy68

Looks increasingly that way, yes. The FT report that he's been in New York recently for further talks, building on The Athletic's story last week that Ineos and the Glazers are putting the building blocks in place for the takeover.

There is probably still scope for a last-minute mega offer from Qatar, but short of that, it looks as though Ineos' flexibility has won the day.
Much appreciated. Nightmare trying to stay up to date with this saga.

Ahriman

The man has not made a public appearance of any kind nor did he show at OT when the club opened doors on a potential £6b deal he's forking out for, If you don't find that unusual, have at it.
So what he never came for one round of initial talks, do you honestly think people of his stature attend every meeting for every business acquisition? Do you think Ratcliffe attends every meeting for every acquisition Ineos makes? Obviously not. They delegate experts like SJ did, Jim was only there in person because it's good publicity in his home country, not saying he doesn't want the club but he was defintely maximising any PR from it. I totally get it but what SJ did is standard practice, to suggest he's not committed because he wasn't there in person is hysterical nonsense. No one would care if it wasn't for the British media shouting about it.

Smores

I don't seem to understand what the Glazers get out of this arrangement? I can see how it benefits Ratcliffe, he won't need to pay a lot of money upfront, but I need someone to explain to me what's in it for them? I'm assuming the rate at which Ratcliffe will supposedly buy them down the line will be fixed beforehand? I very much doubt it's going to be based on the club's performance. It would be crazy to do so, because basically Ratcliffe would be growing the club with his investments just to pay them more money for his trouble in the end. Unless, of course, he decides to not invest anything at all during this period, which would be troublesome for the club. So, they will stick around for years in a position with very little power, presumably won't take dividends, and for... what exactly?

Couple that with INEOS's deliberate vagueness around the issue of the debt, I think there's a lot we are not being told about this supposed deal, and it's not at all what it seems.
It's not that unusual with large sales to split the sale out, happens with private equity firms a lot, a necessity of the valuations most likely. The rate and protections will all be set in stone before hand, Glazers will probably get an observers seat and maybe even a veto on certain board level decisions but not day to day decisions.

As for investments no owner pumps in money to the benefit of other shareholders. He/Ineos will either raise new shares and buy them or it'll be a financial arrangement but he isn't buying to then not invest.

People talk about Qatar throwing money at us but you can guarantee if they build a new stadium it won't be the club that owns it. We'll end up paying a fee on it and then hoping Qatar don't get bored.

Ahriman

I wouldn't argue with the Brexit Brigade. Anything related to the Qatar bid that lends it credibility is discarded (e.g. see this conversion you're having) and anything that would damage Jimmy Brexit's chances in the eyes of the fans (the way his Ineos team has failed at Nice and Lausanne) is apparently irrelevant.
I know yeah, It can be hard to ignore some of the daft takes on here :lol:

I get it's something people feel strongly about but they should at least try to be objective.

Rojofiam

Hey bro, just like everyone else I know nothing..I’m just trying to understand like the rest of us.

Educate us on what’s actually happening.
You really think any sane person would spend billions on a football club just to ultimately not have control over it?

In your next post you say that Ratcliffe is a "minority investor", when the absolute least he will buy is 50.1%...that's by definition the opposite of a minority investment.

Rojofiam

Anyone mind providing the tldr of today's developments? Is it done dealio for Sir Jim?
Basically, instead of Ineos buying 4 of the 6 Glazers out completely with a 50.1% stake, with Joel and Avram keeping around ~18.9% of the remaining shares (which would most likely be converted from class B to A), it's now possible that those 18.9% will be shared amongst the 6 siblings instead of just the 2 of them.

Doesn't change much overall, but people have expectedly gone crazy over it.

Andy_Cole

Basically, instead of Ineos buying 4 of the 6 Glazers out completely with a 50.1% stake, with Joel and Avram keeping around ~18.9% of the remaining shares (which would most likely be converted from class B to A), it's now possible that those 18.9% will be shared amongst the 6 siblings instead of just the 2 of them.

How are you certain it’s this?

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget

I don't see it being all that appealing for Joel and Avram that structure. In the one we assumed it was before they were holding onto around 9% each. Now it would seem it would become about 3% so they are losing 2/3 of the potential premium for the up front cash. I don't see why they just don't all sell up outright to Qatar if that's the case.

Nori-

Can someone explain this to me please.....

If SJR is buying a majority stake in Man Utd and keeps the Glazers on as minority share holders, would he then not have to use his own money to improve the clubs situation. I.e transfers, stadium, training facilities etc.

But then as the club becomes more valuable, so do their shares, so he then has to pay more to buy them out later? Unless there is a pre agreed price for their exit?

In which case why not just leave now?

Status
Not open for further replies.