Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cantona in disguise

If there's no news in the next few days then I fear this won't be completed before the start of next season.
I think that's just you trying to comfort yourself. This can happen today tomorrow next week next year. No news for 3 days doesn't mean there won't be news in 7 days.

cheekybackheel

Put they want someone else to do it up for them and pay for all the renovations then reap the benefits of the higher value
Exactly!

So...is the 92 backed by the Qatar government or are they just not that loaded? @Messier1994 has me confused.
I think its more that Jassim has a limit and won't be forced to go above and beyond it. I think his old man has even told him that.

I think the Glazers are simply going round in circles. Some family members want a sale now, 2 don't. Then it's a question of take Ratcliffes deal and still have a say or leave with Jassims money. Then they discuss between themselves they would like to squeeze more out of Jassim and back and forth it goes like the circle of life.

Eventually one of them will snap though. Sometimes it's from the most unlikely of places too, someone throws a shitebomb into the mix and it all gets sorted.

Lecland07

If it's Ratcliffe that's successful then financing agreements are going to have to be finalised. Borrowing billions of pounds isn't as simple as increasing an overdraft on a current account. It takes time.
They will likely have been agreed in principal.

stw2022

They will likely have been agreed in principal.
Different agreeing in principle and actually going through the process though. Especially if during course of negotiations the original business plan that the AIP was based on, has changed

Giggsyking

So...is the 92 backed by the Qatar government or are they just not that loaded? @Messier1994 has me confused.
It is difficult to say. But out of my experience from reading the news and from the coverage of the Qatari media of the deal, it does not feel like state backed, may be "blessed", "eased" but not backed financially from the state directly. I have been monitoring the Qatari media closely the whole past 7 months and the amount of media coverage it gets is fractions of the process of Qatar when they acquired PSG. Maybe they are saving their direct involvement to the last stages, I dont know. But now, it does feel that Jassim is either buying the club via Mirqab group (his father company) or via the Bank (QIB) that he sit in as chairman.

Last edited:

Woziak

I worked for sun capital for years and have an MA in economics but that, however means nothing when you are trying to unravel the buy out of Manchester United, I’m a huge fan like all of you and remember when we weren’t that good before 1994 and can remember going to old Trafford when we were going out to Oldham in the cup and Hughes scored a spectacular goal.

We are all united through and through and all share the Same united passion to see the Glazers go, that’s why there’s is absolutely no point fighting amongst ourselves about who will be the next owners both have merits and cons.

The most important thing is for all the Glazers to Go and asap. Yet again we will see Arsenal pick up Rice, Chelsea Caciedo and Liverpool Macalister while The Glazers dithering will mean we can only try and sign the dregs of the market at the end of the season. They are a cancer and we must rid ourselves of them to become healthy again!

Woziak

Genuinely, thought we would get the news of the partial sale to Radcliff today. What on earth is going on with this!
He’s being used to smoke out Qatar, they want £6bn it’s really that simple no one is willing to pay them that right now !

Woziak

So many great posts from posters who clearly possess greater greater financial savvy than I, but I’ll opine anyway.

Would the Glazers accept a slightly lesser offer today it meant retaining rights to a share of future of projected revenue? I suppose it depends on the difference in the cash offer. £100m? £500m?

At what point do they slap their miserable thighs, take the cash and hand over the keys?
I think the truth is that all 6 siblings simple can’t make their mind up on which bid, like I said they both have merits and cons as far as Glazers are concerned however they are pushing to get £6bn to walk away and let’s be clear they want this valuation after the debt has been paid.

Last edited:

Woziak

It's a bit like a family of 6 being left a house by mum and dad.

Four want to sell and get their money now whilst the other 2 want to keep it, do it up a bit and rent it out for a while.
That’s a perfect analogy well done for simplifying it to its core.

Last edited:

Spoony

The People's President
He’s being used to smoke out Qatar, they want £6bn it’s really that simple no one is willing to pay them that right now !

Yeah, that appears to be the case the longer it goes on. Both parties are playing hardball, to be fair.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
And why would any one pay that much, when the market estimates say we aren't worth that. The question becomes what happens if no one does? I'm guessing they just go with Radcliff as it still makes them the most money per share.

Woziak

Thanks. We are lucky to have such expertise as yourself, @Messier1994 and @putzmcgee123 on the forum to guide laymen such as myself through this process.
Trust me none of us for all our experience can call this because we are dealing with the Glazers and they have been truly the worse thing to ever happen to the Club, with Malcolm Glazer at the helm it was just one man, as soon as he died the club ownership split into 6 and that’s why the problem can not be easily resolved, it’s not enough that they’ve taken 6 sets of dividends out and neglected the club on and off the field, they now want to make our fans suffer even more.

If they stay, United will go bankrupt within 18 months and SJ could possibly pick it up for £2.5bn, because he would only have to pay a small percentage of share price to delist and pay off the the existing debts mostly Tax to HMRC.

Fans should also remember that the Glazers also owe the banks $350m for Buccaneers so they must cash in on united in some description as the banks will start charging higher interest rates and soon they will say we want some of our loans paid back to mitigate the risk in a decking financial market.

If a war breaks out on a greater scale in Europe, all of a sudden Sport becomes not quite so important and the share price would tumble to less than $10

Spoony

The People's President
It is difficult to say. But out of my experience from reading the news and from the coverage of the Qatari media of the deal, it does not feel like state backed, may be "blessed", "eased" but not backed financially from the state directly. I have been monitoring the Qatari media closely the whole past 7 months and the amount of media coverage it gets is fractions of the process of Qatar when they acquired PSG. Maybe they are saving their direct involvement to the last stages, I dont know. But now, it does feel that Jassim is either buying the club via Mirqab group (his father company) or via the Bank (QIB) that he sit in as chairman.

I'd be gobsmacked if it weren't state backed. They've got to distance themselves with the government and they've done well, even got folk whether it's a state backed bid or some individual.

Spoony

The People's President
And why would any one pay that much, when the market estimates say we aren't worth that. The question becomes what happens if no one does? I'm guessing they just go with Radcliff as it still makes them the most money per share.
That bid seems a bit messy to a clueless observer like myself.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Trust me none of us for all our experience can call this because we are dealing with the Glazers and they have been truly the worse thing to ever happen to the Club, with Malcolm Glazer at the helm it was just one man, as soon as he died the club ownership split into 6 and that’s why the problem can not be easily resolved, it’s not enough that they’ve taken 6 sets of dividends out and neglected the club on and off the field, they now want to make our fans suffer even more.

If they stay, United will go bankrupt within 18 months and SJ could possibly pick it up for £2.5bn, because he would only have to pay a small percentage of share price to delist and pay off the the existing debts mostly Tax to HMRC.

Fans should also remember that the Glazers also owe the banks $350m for Buccaneers so they must cash in on united in some description as the banks will start charging higher interest rates and soon they will say we want some of our loans paid back to mitigate the risk in a decking financial market.

If a war breaks out on a greater scale in Europe, all of a sudden Sport becomes not quite so important and the share price would tumble to less than $10
Exactly. We are borderline insolvent. Many people aren’t grasping that they have no choice. The club needs major investment.

davidmichael

I’m really struggling to understand your English with this rant, the simple truth is as follows;

1. The Glazers are yet to make their minds up.
2. They have direct communication with SJ and want £6 billion
3. SJR put and call bid is worth more but will take longer for them to receive the cash
4. They also own 4.3% of the remaining ‘A’ shares collectively which are clearly valued at an additional $200m by SJ
5. The reason why both parties have offered nearly $34 per share is to take control of the capital assets, Squad, Land TV contracts etc.

6. The reality is when you look at the huge debt the club owes to the bank and amortised transfers for these assets it reduces the overall value of the club because you are starting at - $1billion owed to banks and other football clubs!

When Chelsea was sold, the £1.5bn owed to Abrahamovic was written off by the outgoing owner so the incumbent owner was able to spend copious amounts of money on average football players!

7. The club is currently registered in the Cayman Islands for the benefit of the Glazers, should they be stupid enough to allow SJR to control 50.01%, he can easily move the clubs registration to Monaco where he currently lives, Gibraltar as a Uk resident or worse the UK. If he does this then any future draw down payments to the greedy goblins may incur Capital gains tax! This is a stumbling block and they want absolute assurances that registration will not change built into a hugely complexed contract already.

8. All parties are under strict NDA contracts and therefore don’t believe what you read in media, especially the Uk ones

9. The reality is both bids are much closer than fans and the media thinks but neither are anywhere near the £6 billion the Glazers want to sell all their shares now in an economy about to go into recession.

Thank you for breaking it all down in a sensible yet easy way to understand mate, I’m glad that you put into context about both bids being basically even as that explains why this is taking so long as the parasites are weighing up whether they want a lump now to leave from Qatar or wait and see if it ends up as more later down the road in a few years from Ratcliffe.

Woziak

Thank you for breaking it all down in a sensible yet easy way to understand mate, I’m glad that you put into context about both bids being basically even as that explains why this is taking so long as the parasites are weighing up whether they want a lump now to leave from Qatar or wait and see if it ends up as more later down the road in a few years from Ratcliffe.
That’s it the rumours of SJR £3bn for 51% were not true it’s $3bn which is is about £2.5bn slightly more than the £4.8bn for 100% offered from SJ but he has guaranteed higher share prices when he buys them out in the future however, and right now his proof of funds are surprisingly more solid than Qatar as far as the Raine Group are concerned, he’s been incredibly creative with his bid and the new one of keeping all 6 Glazers with a small piece of the future pie, while his Ineos company would invest is probably very attractive to them, they are already stay away owners, So SJR becomes the face of the club and they continue to take dividends while Good Old Jim pays the debts and invests money, yep that’s not going to happen especially if he only owns 33% of the club. This is why a lot of the UK media coverage is absolute tripe!

Spoony

The People's President
That’s it the rumours of SJR £3bn for 51% were not true it’s $3bn which is is about £2.5bn slightly more than the £4.8bn for 100% offered from SJ but he has guaranteed higher share prices when he buys them out in the future however, and right now his proof of funds are surprisingly more solid than Qatar as far as the Raine Group are concerned, he’s been incredibly creative with his bid and the new one of keeping all 6 Glazers with a small piece of the future pie, while his Ineos company would invest is probably very attractive to them, they are already stay away owners, So SJR becomes the face of the club and they continue to take dividends while Good Old Jim pays the debts and invests money, yep that’s not going to happen especially if he only owns 33% of the club. This is why a lot of the UK media coverage is absolute tripe!
But would his 33% be the largest single stake at all club? Besides we don't really know how much of the club is being offered to the six.

Devil You Know

I'd be gobsmacked if it weren't state backed. They've got to distance themselves with the government and they've done well, even got folk whether it's a state backed bid or some individual.
Why?

If Jassim's got to distance himself from the Qatari government, what does the Qatari government get out of the "sportswashing" that it's supposedly buying?

putzmcgee123

For whatever it's worth, I think some might be trying to read into the Financial Times piece a little too much, particularly to infer things about the Qatari bid. The most important takeaways, in my opinion, are:

• Lack of cohesion among the siblings.
  • Reports saying Joel and Avram do not want to sell were blowing smoke, since now they too would be selling a large of their shares to Jimmy Rat up front.
  • Given the lack of cohesion, I think getting all 6 siblings to agree to a sell down plan is going to be more challenging for SJR compared to Joel and Avram only.
  • Ratcliffe remains "in the lead," which means little until a bidder either has exclusivity or an agreement is reached.

putzmcgee123

It's a bit like a family of 6 being left a house by mum and dad.

Four want to sell and get their money now whilst the other 2 want to keep it, do it up a bit and rent it out for a while.
I am not even sure this can be said anymore. If the new structure under consideration means that all 6 siblings are selling a large chunk of shares up front but still keeping some for a predetermined future sell down, this just adds another layer of complexity since now all 6 need to be in agreement on the same structure.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I think so too. There is actually very little between the two bids IMO it wouldn’t be a surprise to see the Glazers take the Qatar offer.

One thing people aren’t really considering is if The Glazers keep 18% with Ratcliffe, it may not necessarily be just Joel and Avram. They would have to decide between themselves who gets what and when and god knows how long that takes. Qatar is a much cleaner and quicker option for everyone.
Said this last month.

Devil You Know

Would you trust Hugo if he told you Ken was "in the lead" on the GoJo deal? It's all smoke and mirrors until somebody signs a contract.

stw2022

It sickens me that that family bought United basically on a mortgage and are now set to walk away (or not) with billions. Leeches.
Sure but outside of state ownership or oil barons no major football club will ever be bought any other way. Even the richest businessmen in the world don't have several billion in reserve in the bank.

RopersReturn

Exactly. We are borderline insolvent. Many people aren’t grasping that they have no choice. The club needs major investment.
Quite, I don’t think the family have fully grasped what might lye ahead either, just blinded by their personal needs & avarice. The fact that Avram charted a private jet to watch the cup final at the expense of the club is pretty much indicative of what they’re about.

Last edited:

Coops73

Obviously Avram Glazer has been at the cup finals the club has been involved in, cutting quite an isolated figure from what I’ve seen, but where is Joel? I thought he was the “fan” out of all the cnuts but it seems that Avram has been the “face” of the Glazer family recently. Bit weird? Or is there an obvious explanation here?

putzmcgee123

I cannot see any scenario where anyone values the club at an even £6B. That would be ludicrous, and far off the reported figures of the tabled bids.

The scenario I envision is that Raine and the Glazers want the Qataris to match or come closer to Ratcliffe's valuation (rumoured between £5-5.5B). Absent of that, it is safe for us to expect more infighting between siblings and delays. The Qataris, meanwhile, seem to be be playing hard ball in these negotiations and do not want to feel like they are bidding against themselves. I personally do not believe that lack of funds is the issue for them, but none of us really know for certain.

Moriarty

Quite, I don’t think the family have fully grasped what might lye ahead either, just blinded by their personal needs avarice. The fact that Avram charted a private jet to watch the cup final at the expense of the club is pretty much indicative of their about.
All that brass and he has to charter a jet. You'd think a high roller like him would have a fleet of them.

cheekybackheel

I am not even sure this can be said anymore. If the new structure under consideration means that all 6 siblings are selling a large chunk of shares up front but still keeping some for a predetermined future sell down, this just adds another layer of complexity since now all 6 need to be in agreement on the same structure.
OK let me work this out...

So mum and dad have left 6 kids with a house.

Instead of selling the house and being done with it, Tom (the gardener) wants to buy the front and back gardens and will possibly buy the house at a later date. So in the meantime, the 6 kids can all live in the house whilst he puts money into a new lawn and making it look nice.
Then later on he will discuss with them about buying the house outright as he gets first dibs on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.