Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mufc_sd

Listening to Ben Jacobs twitter space, he just confirmed its $6.5b + $1B ON TOP.

LordSpud

So, not only do we get Glazers 2.0 we actually keep Glazers 1.0 as well. I don't understand how anyone can think this is anything but a total unmitigated disaster and a worst case scenario. Ratcliffe has promised us absolutely nothing about what he's going to do, absolutely nothing. I don't think there's any reason to believe the club will be run even slightly differently to how it is being done now. I'm half expecting him to give Avram and Joel advisory roles.
Well, remember he said they were genuinely nice people. Also his bid does remind me a lot of the Brexit campaign. Lots of secrecy and bullshit.

L1nk

Well he seems awfully keen to get into bed with them for starters.

And explain to me how you could expect our fortunes to change with him as owner? Because I've not read anything promising from his camp regarding debt clearing or investing infrastructure. Just some brexit-esque slogans like 'putting Manchester back into United'. Nice's fans don't seem particularly keen with him either.
I’m not saying I expect our fortunes to change. Nobody can promise anything, there’s nothing to say any of our fortunes would change under a Qatar ownership either. I understand fans of the other clubs he owns don’t seem to be particularly big fans of him and that is worrying of course. It’s been reported that they haven’t said anything about their plans because it’s not part of the process to do so, they’ve kept it quiet and professional but that obviously investment is part of the plan.

Listen to yourself you’ve been completely hoodwinked by the constant Qatari promises of investment and debt and stadium rebuilding which has been apparent in every press release regarding them in order to get you on their side, which is why they keep lumping the investment money in with the amount they’ve bid, just reas the newest report 6.5billion dollars plus 1billion invesment…. The Glazers don’t give a shit about investment money that’s all for show for you to get you onboard - yet they can’t even stump up the cash in 3 different bids to outbid “RATcliffe”

You all should be angry at Qatar and not INEOS for constantly over promising and under delivering where it mattered most, appealing to the Glazers who actually own the club. You all seem to think Ratcliffe is desperate to get into bed with the Glazers but i cannot understand where such stupid nonsense has come from, why the hell would any sane businessman stumping up 5billion+ want to be in business with other people especially the Glazers, think for crying out loud, the Glazers do not want to leave, so he’s devised a way to get the club out of their hands for now, with a view to them leaving for good in a few years. Maybe Qatar should have done the same?

I feel like im talking to a brick wall in this thread man.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Granted I havent followed this closely as you guys, but am I the only one who is of the opinion Jassim's bid is not state backed? It's seeming to me he alone is not very wealthy compared to other football club owners and this is why Ratcliffe's bid hasnt simply been blown away.

I wouldn't give a feck about this Jassim buying another club tbh, there is no way a takeover by him would lead to having the funds clubs like PSG, City etc have. IMO of course

jm99

And maybe Ratcliffe thought this through from the beginning and therefore hasn’t provided any figures regarding infrastructure investment.
Ratcliffe is bidding through a company worth 60bn, do you really think the Glazers won't know that he has more money than his offer

MUFC OK

Resigned to the fact that we'll never be rid of these feckers long ago. SJR/Glazer ownership will not compete with City and Newcastle and INEOS will want a return on their investment.

We're in the end game now. Have to hope ETH can work us a miracle to deliver a PL/CL in the next few years but we'll be at a massive disadvantage to the competition.

Balljy

Those shares (assuming you refer to class B) can be converted into normal shares. In fact they need to be converted before the takeover because they have 10x more voting rights.
I'm talking about the shares the Glaziers don't own. All the Glazier ones are fixed price I accept that. It's the other public shares that will be left at the end that could be where there's a bonus for them. Of course they may want to stay listed and aren't interested in 100% though.

TheGodsInRed

If Ratcliffe buys 50.1% then with the current Qatar offer they get £400 million more up front @Rhyme Animal
Yeah but they will make more in total with the put and call option on the Ratcliffe offer.

They will get a big payout now for 51%, then more in two years if/when the put all call option is exercised for the other 18%. I'd be surprised if they don't take that. The most $$$ is all that matters to them.

Chief123

That is if the value goes up. We might tank as a club. Now that would be interesting.
From what was said by the reporter posted here the other day, both SJR and Glazers would have the option to force the sale of their shares in that time for a pre-agreed price.

Chief123

This ignores the opportunity cost of having the money today rather than in 3 years. You can stick the money in an investment fund and make 8-10% annually. So even if the money in 3 years is a bit higher, its still not a better offer
True, good point.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Granted I havent followed this closely as you guys, but am I the only one who is of the opinion Jassim's bid is not state backed? It's seeming to me he alone is not very wealthy compared to other football club owners and this is why Ratcliffe's bid hasnt simply been blown away.

I wouldn't give a feck about this Jassim buying another club tbh, there is no way a takeover by him would lead to having the funds clubs like PSG, City etc have. IMO of course
IMO, he’s clearly not state backed. His father is also not keen. I think it’s a case of his father saying this can happen but only on the cheap as this isn’t a priority for either him or the state.

tomaldinho1

Newcastle cost 300m, not 6B+ though

Very different. Ashley was also 100% trying to get out
Also that process actually forever. Ashley had been trying to sell for years and I swear Saudis were linked at least a year before.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Ratcliffe is bidding through a company worth 60bn, do you really think the Glazers won't know that he has more money than his offer
The same way Glazers know that Qatar/daddy has more money. Doesn’t mean they should openly admit it when it’s not even relevant for the bid.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Surely Ratcliffe's the safer bet? And no one can decide whether Jassim's bid is state backed or not.
We need investment, not debt.

I dont care if its state-backed that ship sailed when City got bought

pjaya

We're in the end game now. Have to hope ETH can work us a miracle to deliver a PL/CL in the next few years but we'll be at a massive disadvantage to the competition.
I worried that ETH would not be back at all as long as this saga continue to drag on. :(
Very worried

cyberman

The Qatari bid hasn't exactly come off looking very professional here. And I imagine the optics are important for them. Expecting some damage control, Glazer bashing PR if they don't succeed.
Why, what’s wrong with it?

lsd

The Oracle
Resigned to the fact that we'll never be rid of these feckers long ago. SJR/Glazer ownership will not compete with City and Newcastle and INEOS will want a return on their investment.

Sir Jim is INEOS it's his company and he owns 2/3rds of it so if he reacts to do this and invest his money in United INEOS won't be stopping anything

MDFC Manager

I’m not saying I expect our fortunes to change. Nobody can promise anything, there’s nothing to say any of our fortunes would change under a Qatar ownership either. I understand fans of the other clubs he owns don’t seem to be particularly big fans of him and that is worrying of course. It’s been reported that they haven’t said anything about their plans because it’s not part of the process to do so, they’ve kept it quiet and professional but that obviously investment is part of the plan.

Listen to yourself you’ve been completely hoodwinked by the constant Qatari promises of investment and debt and stadium rebuilding which has been apparent in every press release regarding them in order to get you on their side, which is why they keep lumping the investment money in with the amount they’ve bid, just reas the newest report 6.5billion dollars plus 1billion invesment…. The Glazers don’t give a shit about investment money that’s all for show for you to get you onboard - yet they can’t even stump up the cash in 3 different bids to outbid “RATcliffe”

You all should be angry at Qatar and not INEOS for constantly over promising and under delivering where it mattered most, appealing to the Glazers who actually own the club. You all seem to think Ratcliffe is desperate to get into bed with the Glazers but i cannot understand where such stupid nonsense has come from, why the hell would any sane businessman stumping up 5billion+ want to be in business with other people especially the Glazers, think for crying out loud, the Glazers do not want to leave, so he’s devised a way to get the club out of their hands for now, with a view to them leaving for good in a few years. Maybe Qatar should have done the same?

I feel like im talking to a brick wall in this thread man.
Correction - It's Jassim that's putting up £5bn+. Jim is only putting up little more than half of that.

croadyman

Well he seems awfully keen to get into bed with them for starters.

And explain to me how you could expect our fortunes to change with him as owner? Because I've not read anything promising from his camp regarding debt clearing or investing infrastructure. Just some brexit-esque slogans like 'putting Manchester back into United'. Nice's fans don't seem particularly keen with him either.
Don't worry @Kaos they will soon realise

MUFC OK

Sir Jim is INEOS it's his company and he owns 60% of it so if he reacts to do this and invest his money in United INEOS won't be stopping anything
Simply put, why wouldn’t he buy the whole club now? He clearly can’t afford it. Qatar would throw money at United to make us the best. SJR is a business man, he will not be running us with the sole intent of taking us to the top.

Terrible news if he gets his hands on the club.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Nonsense. We already among the biggest spenders and will have one of the richest owners in world football (multiple times richer than the Glazers) combined with naturally insane revenues. We just need smart ownership. Our spending ability with Ratcliffe will not be a limiting factor in our success at all. That will be if we run the club smartly or not. City are run smartly. PSG are not run smartly. Qatar owns PSG. Qatar has been a complete farce in this bidding process, Ratcliffe has been smart in how to acquire control of the club with a plan to take full ownership. It's literally just being a smart business man, which the Qataris were not.

cyberman

Rooting for City and Newcastle to stop the dippers for the next few decades :drool:
It’s really looking that way. Worst case scenario is if Qatar now goes out and gets another EPL club.
It’ll be hard enough to conquer City when they can just go mad in the summer after they lose the title but imagine the talent and money going through the top of the league if we have 2/3 oil states going for the title.
I don’t want either bid but Jim just seems disastrous for us because of the domino effect it may have.

pjaya

Already is, ETH wants to buy a GK and the board has decided to extend De Blunder for 200k a week. We aren't ever going to progress with him in goal. FA Cup final showed that, he single handily lost that one with his bad positioning, shite passing and his usual howler in a big match.
Think United is cursed.
Nothing change only debt will remains and will continue to grow as long as the parasites still at the club

croadyman

That's why I think he is just on a giant ego trip. All about him and not a care for the club. We will find out his plans soon or lack of them. Hope he proves us wrong.
I would have been much more willing to give him chance to prove me wrong IF he hadn't got into bed with those leeches. Sadly he demonstrated he was willing to stop to those levels so have no faith whatsoever

L1nk

Simply put, why wouldn’t he buy the whole club now? He clearly can’t afford it. Qatar would throw money at United to make us the best. SJR is a business man, he will not be running us with the sole intent of taking us to the top.

Terrible news if he gets his hands on the club.
Because the Glazers don’t want to leaaaavveeeeeeeeeeeeeee how many tiiimeessssss

Von Mistelroum

Looking through the thread there seem to be a few different ideas of what's going on? Just to make sure I'm understanding:

Quatar made a new bid, but we think the 'Jim & Glazers' power couple are going to be the winners? If so then I fear that United are on the very slippery slope towards Tottenham status at best.

If Quatar but Spurs though, at least that's a gap in the market that we can fill!

Status
Not open for further replies.