Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woziak

So what would the class A shares be worth to the Glazers in the event of a full Qatar takeover? 400m odd?
That really should be highlighted a bit more since Jim won’t be buying them
No it’s 6.9m shares from the 50m left of the value soared to $24-25 then SJ and 92 Foundation under Cayman law and the NYSE has to make a fair market offer assume it’s 10-15% more the $25 are offered for complete buy out at let’s say $28 would be an additional $193million

Woziak

No, but if SJ wants to buy them, as he has said, then the A class shareholders will expect a big premium on their current market value - otherwise they won’t sell.
If he’s offered as rumoured $33 for class B shares, I think the premium on class A are probably $27-28 but let’s be clear here, before the takeover these sane share were $14 so a huge windfall for the hedge funds too and they will influence the Glazers.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
If he’s offered as rumoured $33 for class B shares, I think the premium on class A are probably $27-28 but let’s be clear here, before the takeover these sane share were $14 so a huge windfall for the hedge funds too and they will influence the Glazers.
Class B shares become class A when bought so hedge funds will argue the value should be the same

Chief123

streets saying Qatar have won? I'm awake!!

need Keegan to drop the dagger on Ratcliffe's bid
Seem to be quite a few smaller Twitter accounts all stating Qatar have won in the last 30 mins or so. Not sure what it’s based off and if they are all basing it off the same ITK claimant. Maybe know more in the morning.

Infra-red

Seem to be quite a few smaller Twitter accounts all stating Qatar have won in the last 30 mins or so. Not sure what it’s based off and if they are all basing it off the same ITK claimant. Maybe know more in the morning.
It looks like just the opposite to me. I guess we will see in the next week or so.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Let's just hope we get a conclusion this week and we can engage Muppet mode on the transfers instead of financial bs.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Is this from Twitter? The same guy that is claiming this is also sticking the boot in on ETH :lol: It's another of these "ITK" accounts.
It's coming from the bullshitter I mentioned above.

Woziak

Class B shares become class A when bought so hedge funds will argue the value should be the same
Can’t see that being the case as they were not the same when they were purchased, class b have 10 times the voting power, there is one price to take control and another to take the club off the NYSE current price today was $19.36 as soon as anything happens, eg SJ wins then the shares will go up immediately, if SJR the shares might actually go down.

There is a rule under cayman law that if a new owner wants to delist, he must offer fair value quote to remaining share holders , I wouldn’t want to be getting into a long protracted court case about share value with a Qatari sheikh when I’m probably being offered twice what I originally paid.

Devil You Know

Based on what we know (rather than than xenophobic speculation), Jassim and Ratcliffe are both making private bids. Jassim as the head of the 92 Foundation and Ratcliffe as the head of Ineos. Both parties are going to get input from other investors, and both both will likely receive loans from banks.

I actually don't expect 92F to pump hundreds of millions into the squad. Just like with Ineos, they seem to be quite business-savvy and profit oriented. Both prospective owners will likely keep our transfer funds around about the level of the Glazers. That's no bad thing, as long there's a better strategy to it than we've seen in recent years.

For me, the difference is in what each party wants to get out of United. 92F's plans sound like they want to develop Old Trafford and make their profit on the property front, while letting the football side take care of itself. Ineos probably want to do something similar to what they've done at Nice, and run United fairly conservatively to make their money out of a modest flow of prize money and attendance income.

I favour 92F because I think they'll be better for the stadium and infrastructure. There probably won't be much difference in terms of player investment. Success will depend entirely on the appointment of backroom staff, which we have no way of predicting. Richard Arnold might already be the right man to get us there, for all we know.

The anti-Ratcliffe faction probably don't want to hear this because it'll kill their transfer boners, and the anti-Jassim faction won't like it because it means they've been a teensy bit racist all along.

Last edited:

Woziak

It's coming from the bullshitter I mentioned above.
It’s probably from chancers who think they are ITK’s making a guess at best with the claim that I heard from a friend of a friend of Aunty in Kentucky ?

Gurtej

It’s common sense that whosoever will pay 6bn fecking pounds will do everything to see the club climbing back to top again.

Both bidders would have done their homework on how much investment the squad needs. You don’t spend 6bn to play a second fiddle to City, that would just be dumb.

that doesn’t mean we will win title next year but surely that’s the objective of both bidders and rightly so.

Gurtej

While Ratcliffe is still in the race I can't relax,just hope your confidence about them winning is not misplaced
Why Are few people so negative about SJR bid?

He is a smart guy who I am sure would be a good owner. Like I said, no one will buy for 6bn to not have intention of seeing it succeed and the only way to success is on pitch success.

All I care for is glazers to go and yes my preference would be SJ simply as I know more about his bid and his plans to take off all the debt, spend on stadium etc.

SJR bid lacks detail but doesn’t mean he won’t have a plan to do the same, but I feel a bit uncomfortable as it’s unknown but surely will back him as an owner.

croadyman

I think they would go for Kane (if SJ they’ll offer silly money) and if it’s INEOS I could see us go big for Rice but still within the 100-120 mark.

With aJassim I also see the links to neymar getting hotter.
Yeah I still feel there is a chance of that Neymar stuff picking up IF Jassim got the club

dpansheth

Why Are few people so negative about SJR bid?

He is a smart guy who I am sure would be a good owner. Like I said, no one will buy for 6bn to not have intention of seeing it succeed and the only way to success is on pitch success.

All I care for is glazers to go and yes my preference would be SJ simply as I know more about his bid and his plans to take off all the debt, spend on stadium etc.

SJR bid lacks detail but doesn’t mean he won’t have a plan to do the same, but I feel a bit uncomfortable as it’s unknown but surely will back him as an owner.
Gurtej, skills are not transferable. Same goes for SJ.

croadyman

But then SJR has the issues of the Class A shareholders launching a lawsuit apparently, which will make his bid a lot harder to get through.

Not sure how it'll work or what the issues are but it was tweeted a while ago
I am surprised if there is anything to this shareholder lawsuit thing that it hasn't been picked up by any journos at all

Gurtej

Gurtej, skills are not transferable. Same goes for SJ.
Understand that but we only have two bidders.

Any new owner without skill is still far better than Glazers.

You don’t need skills to be successful, you just need to identify and hire right people to run the club.

gusmov

I hope this ends this week. Tired of this and hope we can actually work on the transfers

croadyman

Understand that but we only have two bidders.

Any new owner without skill is still far better than Glazers.

You don’t need skills to be successful, you just need to identify and hire right people to run the club.
Yeah it's time we hired the right people once again as haven't done that for years annoyingly

iamking

City have gotten over the line v Liverpool and Arsenal by having stronger squads. That’s the main difference
If we are taken over by Qatar then us and Newcastle will challenge that very soon, theyre not uncatchable by any means. They’re just rotating in Silva, Mharez, Alvarez, Foden, Philips etc. no biggie.
Gundogan is sensational and this is the first time in 3 seasons he broke 28 league starts. It’s not as if he doesn’t start in 10 games a season because he’s injured, Pep rotates him in so he’s fresh for Gundogan time of the run on.
Who else can do that?
- firing the entire backroom staff/coaches and a number of senior players were let go under Moyes only to realize he didn't have the clout to purchase the "United' Quality players and our transfer season ended up with Feliiani as the highlight.
- getting a near senile yesterday's man LVG on the back of his dutch national team renaissance and giving him an open cheque book to buy all sorts of crazy mishmash mercenaries ripping the clubs attacking philosophy into a drab possession based shit on stick football.
- getting 100 mill cancer, Pogba, without Mourinho's consent and thus starting this commercial greater than competition values where any big name signing was instantly signed without any plan/tactic.
- extending Mourinho's contract without any trust in his performance and then immediately denying him any say in football transfers (which was the right thing considering his wastefulness).
the final nail in the coffin - extending Ole's contract based on half a seasons performance ( I was on the bandwagon too, to be fair) and somehow keeping him longer than he deserved. The list is endless.

So its not really about who the next owners are. It could be anybody from Timbuktu for all I care, as long as its not the Glazers and their stupid decision making, we will be good to go. We finally have a manager who knows what to do. Our commercial revenue is more than good enough to back him in the transfer market. At this point, Oil/Rat, makes no difference to us, as long as the current board and its incompetent shite decision makers bugger off.

Us challenging City next season is not happening. I don't think Arsenal were ever in the running for the title. They were punching way above their weight and will median out next season to a top 4 run and you can quote me on it. But Klopp's Pool pick and choose the years they decide to compete due to their financial limitations and overall squad strength. Their off-season got over, so I am expecting them to be the only challengers to City and looks like it wont be much of a challenge and Pep will walk it again.

croadyman

Yeah just seen it. Probably a load of bollocks based on nothing though. Let's see if any journalists report anything later.
Maybe the fact Qatar feel there was a significant breakthrough with that 5th bid could prove telling

LARulz

Twitter buzz seems to be that Qatar got it, so quietly hoping. :nervous:
To be fair, they always tend to be on Sunday's/Monday's and then a story from Athletic, Telegraph or someone and they all go into meltdown

Red For Ever

Yeah I still feel there is a chance of that Neymar stuff picking up IF Jassim got the club
Hopefully we buy the players ETH wants irrespective of who owns the club,

Maybe they includes Neymar, no idea.
I read some stats a few years ago showing he was the most fouled player in professional football,
I think partly a PR job to explain why he went down so easily and with so much drama.

bludsucker

Again, I think you and others are seriously underestimating this guy. I could believe that Qatars very top brass might be able to manipulate him but the Glazer family? These guys are small fish in all this. Ratcliffe and Jassim are levels above those clowns, the world's 55th richest person and someone with the full might of an entire country Vs the Glazer kids...

Let me put something to you and anyone who fancies answering. What if you wake up tomorrow and Jassim makes a similar offer to Ratcliffe, a staged buy out where a majority is acquired now, but over a period of time, the rest are bought out. What would your reaction be?
The size of the bidder hardly matters here as this not a buyers market. Its a sellers market as United as a club is a unique item. The seller holds all the cards here hence the jerking around being done by the glazers since November.
My reaction would be the same as i want the fecking leeches out of the club. If Jassim or Ratcliff want to get in bed with them then they are not wanted here. Not by me.

Voteon

Will today be the day United announce they're a sportswashing device for an autocratic regime?

McTerminator

Eh? That's not true. They had access to all of the records from stage 2 if I'm not mistaken.
Pleased to say it looks like you were right.

The latest Ben Jacobs tweet seems to clarify!

There’s a light at the end of the tunnel!!!

RopersReturn

Ok, let’s divert our attention.

If one of Ineos or Qatar ends up being our new owners soon and still can influence the summer transfer market, I am sure they would want to make one signature signing.

Who do you think we are most likely to get Or who would you want us to get as a signature signing.
Offer DeGea, a new 5yr contract.

Marcelinho87

Rat couldn't even buy Chelsea yet here he is trying to buy United. Hope to god he fails.
He'd be 4th richest owner in the PL behind 2 states and the Chelsea guy, above him if you count INEOS.

He could easily afford either, the Chelsea thing was strange and I don't think he ever wanted to buy.

As for "Rat" what are you, six?

Status
Not open for further replies.