Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
There must be something stopping the Glazers from accepting SJR's bid. If it was what they wanted, they'd have taken it a long time ago, but i do wonder if the threat of lawsuits and the absolute complexity of the deal is putting them off a little. I wonder if they're just seeing Jassims bid as the easy way out, but they want to milk it for quite a bit more before they decide to take it.

I just don't know why they'd keep hanging on if SJR's bid is what they're actually after. So very confusing

Kaos

There must be something stopping the Glazers from accepting SJR's bid. If it was what they wanted, they'd have taken it a long time ago, but i do wonder if the threat of lawsuits and the absolute complexity of the deal is putting them off a little. I wonder if they're just seeing Jassims bid as the easy way out, but they want to milk it for quite a bit more before they decide to take it.

I just don't know why they'd keep hanging on if SJR's bid is what they're actually after. So very confusing
This is my suspicion. I suspect Glazers aren't even interested in Ratcliffe's compromised approach, they're just using him as leverage to squeeze more out of the Qataris.

Though it begs the question as to why Ratcliffe is so publicly confident - a bit of PR? Delusion? Or if you really want to go down the conspiracy rabbit hole, could this just be a favour for his mates the Glazer to drive up the price? :lol: :nervous:

NotThatSoph

Including existing debt in the valuation is the most basic of basic finance. Read up on Enterprise value.
Honestly, you clearly haven't got a scooby on this topic, so I'm not sure why you're so against some insight. I'm no investment banker but EV is a standard valuation method and Ratcliffe would have also included the debt in his offer.

The bit about paying the debt off is just clarification from the Qatar side for transparency and to get the fanbase onside.
You've got to stop acting so confident when you don't know what's going on. That the bids are reported in enterprise value has absolutely nothing to do with Qatar including in their bids what they would do with regards to the existing debt and future infrastructure investments. You're bringing up stuff that's completely irrelevant to what @united_99 is saying, and then go on to pretend that you're gracefully sharing insights.

RopersReturn

They’re probably hoping for SJR to capitulate, coming back with a bigger offer, but also the fact that they can possibly hold on for another 3 yrs under Sir Jim’s proposal.

downxandxout

Supports Manc...ini
That isn't what you wrote, I accept your backtraking. My point is that if you speculate who is going to own a club, and ignore what the bidder is proposing, the emotional effects and choices are on you..
I suggest you take the time to read posts before coming to any conclusions in the future.

Last edited:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
You're tedious, instead of point scoring why don't you constructively explain how you're able to care without it having an impact?
I actually already did and explained people actually do it all the time

buckooo1978

knowing their nature, the repeated rounds of bidding, the we arent sure we want to sell, the we want to keep a stake, even the attending of cup finals suddenly, the fact it could have been cut and dried a while back leads me to think they are trying to squeeze as much as they can from their richest bidders, the Qataris....

can help but feel the Glazers will get an incredible deal

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
They do but have been widely and continuously criticised by international trade unions for discrimination against women and migrant workers.

If you are having tell half truths then surely something is up.
No one told half truths. The question was do they have them, the answer is yes and you can also check.

cyberman

This is my suspicion. I suspect Glazers aren't even interested in Ratcliffe's compromised approach, they're just using him as leverage to squeeze more out of the Qataris.

Though it begs the question as to why Ratcliffe is so publicly confident - a bit of PR? Delusion? Or if you really want to go down the conspiracy rabbit hole, could this just be a favour for his mates the Glazer to drive up the price? :lol: :nervous:
Is he publicly confident? I’ve seen as much of him as I have SJ and SJ is an AI construct

George The Best

knowing their nature, the repeated rounds of bidding, the we arent sure we want to sell, the we want to keep a stake, even the attending of cup finals suddenly, the fact it could have been cut and dried a while back leads me to think they are trying to squeeze as much as they can from their richest bidders, the Qataris....

can help but feel the Glazers will get an incredible deal
Of course they will, that’s what this whole charade is about.

marktan

I think City winning the CL has changed my mind somewhat on this. Before that, I saw City as plastic and us and other clubs as more real / romantic, with the lack of CL wins for either City or PSG feeding into the idea of that romance.

Now that they've won it, and will continue to win things regularly with no regulation forthcoming to curtail their spending power (i.e. dodgy sponsorships), I'm sort of more leaning into a if you can't beat em, join em mentality. It's the only way to really compete anymore - look at Liverpool - built a better first XI with a fraction of the net spend of City (and with a worse starting point when Klopp took over) - and what do they have to show for it? A CL and a PL yes, but their lack of rotation options up front compared to City meant players like Mane declined early and they finished a point behind City twice who could afford to rotate the cup games.

We could very feasibly be run amazingly well under Ratcliffe and still find us not having the depth to win.

USREDEVIL

I think City winning the CL has changed my mind somewhat on this. Before that, I saw City as plastic and us and other clubs as more real / romantic, with the lack of CL wins for either City or PSG feeding into the idea of that romance.

Now that they've won it, and will continue to win things regularly with no regulation forthcoming to curtail their spending power (i.e. dodgy sponsorships), I'm sort of more leaning into a if you can't beat em, join em mentality. It's the only way to really compete anymore - look at Liverpool - built a better first XI with a fraction of the net spend of City (and with a worse starting point when Klopp took over) - and what do they have to show for it? A CL and a PL yes, but their lack of rotation options up front compared to City meant players like Mane declined early and they finished a point behind City twice who could afford to rotate the cup games.

We could very feasibly be run amazingly well under Ratcliffe and still find us not having the depth to win.
I can see us being similar to what we are now under him. Unfortunately we need crazy money to compete with some of these "clubs."

Kaos

I think thats the key difference - do we want to be a moments club that could have the odd success when the stars align for us during a season, while City pretty much swallow the honours most years, or do we want to be consistent challengers to them? If its the latter then the depressing reality is to match them like for like.

Kaos

Didnt know rigor mortis lasted that long, no wonder he hasn't handed over the keys
Maybe that's why the last 10 years have been a disaster, these negotiations included. The Glazer spawns have been pulling a Weekend at Bernie's with ol pops Malcolm.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

That's not down to City's riches (well yes and no). The main reason for City's dominance is Pep. Pep is a genius manager, he's up there with any in the history of the game in terms of what he can do with a team in terms of peak level, consistency and all that. Klopp is also a great manager, but he's not on Peps level. City and Liverpool both had excellent depth, but Pep is just relentless in league play while Klopp just can't get a team to dominate quite the same.

Of course they only have Pep because of the money, but swap managers and keep the teams the same and Liverpool would've won more league titles during this period.

You can build to compete with them, Qatar or no qatar it is possible. You just have to be smart with purchases, and your manager needs to be a great manager. But it's unlikely you'll dominate a Pep side in league play, it'd be like somebody else dominating a Fergie side in league play... Just wouldn't happen. Individual seasons sure, but not over a longer period.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
With the way he’s run the club for 18 years and how he’s handled this sale process, I hope nobody wants to do any business with Malcolm Glazer after this is all over
He could be valuable if you have a ghostbusting business.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
How come there's so much talk about Malcolm Glazer? Is he back?

Seemed so promising 24 hours ago

stevoc

How come there's so much talk about Malcolm Glazer? Is he back?

Seemed so promising 24 hours ago
He's part of Michael Knightons consortium which is making a late run to gazump Jim and Jassim.

RedDevilRoshi

With the way he’s run the club for 18 years and how he’s handled this sale process, I hope nobody wants to do any business with Malcolm Glazer after this is all over
It’ll be quite difficult to say the least if you are looking to do business with him. We wouldn’t have even got to this stage in the process tbh if he was directly involved in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.