Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

I get why people are frustrated and it sucks that the summer window is going to be disrupted, but I strongly believe that as long as we get those leeches out, it will just look like a speed bump in hindsight. The long-term benefit of bidding them farewell is worth more than one window, even if the disruption of this window was ultimately avoidable.
Yeah we just knew that these leeches would ruin his first proper window and they succeeded

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Don’t think it’s been mentioned in here but worth noting the hat NYSE is closed Monday for Juneteenth. Earliest we get news. Is probably Tuesday

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
The NYSE doesn't have to be open for material news to be released. If an agreement is reached, they have to disclose it even if the markets are closed.

Source: Section 2 of the NYSE Listed Company Manual

stw2022

The NYSE doesn't have to be open for material news to be released. If an agreement is reached, they have to disclose it even if the markets are closed.
I can't think of a single announcement we've ever held off due to being on the New York or London stock exchange, whichever was appropriate at the time. Ever. Yet the belief that's a thing always persists.

If anything announcement of major financial implications is presumably preferable when the markets aren't open.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I can't think of a single announcement we've ever held off due to being on the New York or London stock exchange, whichever was appropriate at the time. Ever. Yet the belief that's a thing always persists.

If anything announcement of major financial implications is presumably preferable when the markets aren't open.
Would Raine be working on this over a weekend/holiday?

Yorke to Cole

Not anything to do with the financial side of the takeover, but were the staff at Manchester United (those involved in the day to day operations) supposed to receive some "clarification" about the future by the beginning of summer.

If that is the case, then they have been lied to.

MDFC Manager

Not anything to do with the financial side of the takeover, but were the staff at Manchester United (those involved in the day to day operations) supposed to receive some "clarification" about the future by the beginning of summer.

If that is the case, then they have been lied to.
It's the glazers. They're probably used to being lied to.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

You'll be telling us we don't instantly get transfer costs back in shirt sales next.

sparx99

A tad OTT ? We have a budget, and the football management team are working on the window. It’s already been reported that the sale has no bearing on this window. Calm down lad!
It does seem like we went from Kane or Osimhen to Hojlund pretty quick. Perhaps we had two lists of targets depending on outcome and Hojlund is on the budget list.

sparx99

I get why people are frustrated and it sucks that the summer window is going to be disrupted, but I strongly believe that as long as we get those leeches out, it will just look like a speed bump in hindsight. The long-term benefit of bidding them farewell is worth more than one window, even if the disruption of this window was ultimately avoidable.
I know what you’re saying but it’s just annoying when we had rounds 1-2-3 in what March/April. Why is there weeks and weeks before anything happens. Just hammer it out. The indecision within the Glazer family is extremely frustrating. Take your billions that’s you’ve done nothing for and enjoy old age.

RedDevilUnited369

Darren Fletcher knows the Sheikh will invest in the youth system…so he’s brought his twins home.

hashtag ~ Glazers Out.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Clearly not true though is it. A Qatar ownership would allow us £50m at least extra at a minimum and wouldn’t be at all surprised if they were able to bend that to more somehow.
We will sell a few players and boost our funds anyway. Ten Hag is a man with a plan, and your boy Jassim will boost the Jan window which is basically unheard of. Will be a big contrast from Wout Weghorst.
The football management haven’t got a clue what they’re doing. They’re relying on the only bloke at the club who has: the manager.

We’ll make a few signings, I know that. We won’t do what we need to do, though, hence we’re floundering around trying to tie down an overpaid goalkeeper who isn’t remotely good enough to play for us, in spite of his contract running out in less than a fortnight.
Trust the process :wenger:
Not OTT in the slightest because right now there is zero to be positive about with all this
It looks a shoe-in for Jassim from here. Surely that’s a positive for you?

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
It’s mad that if Jassim gets the club, the amount of debt he’ll be clearing will essentially mean that he’s paying for the Glazers’ actual purchase of the club, retrospectively.

As well as paying them - way over the odds - for his own purchase of the club…

How mad is that…?

RedDevilUnited369

It’s mad that if Jassim gets the club, the amount of debt he’ll be clearing will essentially mean that he’s paying for the Glazers’ actual purchase of the club, retrospectively.

As well as paying them - way over the odds - for his own purchase of the club…

How mad is that…?
One of the greatest modern day heists you’ll witness in your lifetime.

I do respect Malcom for how this played out. From installing the Class B share clause to instructing the kids to rinse the club yearly in the form of dividends and then sell at a premium when it comes to the end of the pay run.

My man foresaw the future and left his great grandkids living good.

Edgio

The only way you can reconcile the morality hit with being a continued fan of this club is that realistically football at the top level in the prem is going this way anyway. It’s had dirty money in it for ages (see Arsenal’s sponsors) most clubs will be bought out or heavily invested in by someone morally suspect. Liverpool and Spurs are most likely next.

I don’t want Qatar because our club’s stature and income is self sustainable to the point that we can spend as much as anyone (without owners bleeding us dry). But also we have no control over who owns us. I’ll still support us, but the love of the game as a whole has waned somewhat. Personally in my short life the era of Arse vs United was my favourite and that will never come back.
Pretty much my feelings exactly. I've still got more than a passing interest in United and football, but not like I did in those times. The ridiculous money and social media put paid to that.

I'll still follow them no matter who takes over because yeah, sooner or later all the top clubs will be owned by dirty cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.