Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Hearing Malcom Glazer has come back to block the sale, sorry lads pack it up.

Theyll never let United go

sparx99

You do have to admire the Glazers. They’ve managed to make selling the club yet another thing with which to piss fans off.

I know these things take time but we’d have been better off with it not being close until October than a possible conclusion in late June/July.

At least planning the summer window could have been done with some certainty.

dacore

Manchester United: Making Sense Of Potential Takeover Options
by Christoph Liu

Takeover Targets
"6/16 Wall Street Rumors: Manchester United (Man Utd) Takeover UPDATE: One of our sources is believed to be a former Red Knight and was part of the Takeover bid a decade ago and had dealings with the Glazer family. This source expects Raine group should more than likely release news next week that the Glazer family is moving forward with Sheikh Jassim. We want to point out the recent news on June 14, 2023 ,that the Premier League clubs have agreed unanimously to prohibit fully-leveraged buyouts. we believe this update is even more compelling that the Glazers would sell now to a cash buyer Sheikh Jassim rather than risk the LEGAL battle from the Class A shareholders, by accepting the offer from Ratcliffe, to purchase only the Glazer family shares on a leveraged buyout, the Glazers don't want to be dealing with the court system for years to come. It is rumored the Glazers never wanted to only sell a part of the club but had always intended to sell the entire club. The stock price has had a 10 year moving average of $18 per share, and not seen much of a valuation return when compared with Wall Street. It is highly rumored the Glazers have been shown from other Hedge funds that they will generate far more on other investments. We are very confident the Glazers are selling to Sheikh Jassim and so is Reuters news, which has very high trust principles. We sadly don't trust the British press that has continued to put out false news, Ratcliffe is ahead of Sheikh Jassim to buy the club. Our sources expect the share price after debt will return above $36 per share for the Glazer family."

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
You do have to admire the Glazers. They’ve managed to make selling the club yet another thing with which to piss fans off.

I know these things take time but we’d have been better off with it not being close until October than a possible conclusion in late June/July.

At least planning the summer window could have been done with some certainty.
Theyll be scrapping over pennies and cents soon.

Can you up your bid by $0.03 SJ? You have 2 weeks to reply through the intermediary

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
by Christoph Liu

Takeover Targets
"6/16 Wall Street Rumors: Manchester United (Man Utd) Takeover UPDATE: One of our sources is believed to be a former Red Knight and was part of the Takeover bid a decade ago and had dealings with the Glazer family. This source expects Raine group should more than likely release news next week that the Glazer family is moving forward with Sheikh Jassim. We want to point out the recent news on June 14, 2023 ,that the Premier League clubs have agreed unanimously to prohibit fully-leveraged buyouts. we believe this update is even more compelling that the Glazers would sell now to a cash buyer Sheikh Jassim rather than risk the LEGAL battle from the Class A shareholders, by accepting the offer from Ratcliffe, to purchase only the Glazer family shares on a leveraged buyout, the Glazers don't want to be dealing with the court system for years to come. It is rumored the Glazers never wanted to only sell a part of the club but had always intended to sell the entire club. The stock price has had a 10 year moving average of $18 per share, and not seen much of a valuation return when compared with Wall Street. It is highly rumored the Glazers have been shown from other Hedge funds that they will generate far more on other investments. We are very confident the Glazers are selling to Sheikh Jassim and so is Reuters news, which has very high trust principles. We sadly don't trust the British press that has continued to put out false news, Ratcliffe is ahead of Sheikh Jassim to buy the club. Our sources expect the share price after debt will return above $36 per share for the Glazer family."
Sir Nick Speed

croadyman

I don't necessarily disagree but wouldn't they be able to up the bid in an exclusivity period?

I was under the impression that exclusivity is basically saying we'll give it you but we might still have a small movement on the details, including the final fee.

5.5bn also sounds bang on and is the lower range of their obscene $7-8bn valuation.
Yeah that's what I thought too but guess not

RedDevilUnited369

by Christoph Liu

Takeover Targets
Can SJR bid really be considered a leveraged buyout?

klayton88

What is cafs general preference in regards to what happens with OT? New Stadium (where would we build it) or spruce up the current?

I bought a brand new OT Lego set for £400 some months back and left it stored, every bit of me wanted to build it but when they first hit the market they were about £250 and even then I couldn't justify the money for it to immediately lose its value. It's discontinued now and I'm hoping it'll go up in value regardless of what the new owners decide.

This time next month caf we'll be trillionaires, and I might make a few quid on a set of Lego. Cushty.

Last edited:

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
What is cafs general preference in regards to what happens with OT? New Stadium (where would we build it) or Spruce up the current?

I bought a brand new OT Lego set for £400 some months back and left it stored, every bit of me wanted to build it but when they first hit the market they were about £250 and even then I couldn't justify the money for it to immediately lose its value. It's discontinued now and I'm hoping it'll go up in value regardless of what the new owners decide.

This time next month caf we'll be trillionaires, and I might make a few quid on a set of Lego. Cushty.
There’s a thread for that! ;)

Kag

The whole thing is a farce. We’re going to burn every bit of good Ten Hag has done in the space of three months this summer, all because of the money-grabbing leeches we’ve got in charge.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
The whole thing is a farce. We’re going to burn every bit of good Ten Hag has done in the space of three months this summer, all because of the money-grabbing leeches we’ve got in charge.
A tad OTT ? We have a budget, and the football management team are working on the window. It’s already been reported that the sale has no bearing on this window. Calm down lad!

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
A tad OTT ? We have a budget, and the football management team are working on the window. It’s already been reported that the sale has no bearing on this window. Calm down lad!
Clearly not true though is it. A Qatar ownership would allow us £50m at least extra at a minimum and wouldn’t be at all surprised if they were able to bend that to more somehow.

Kag

The football management haven’t got a clue what they’re doing. They’re relying on the only bloke at the club who has: the manager.

We’ll make a few signings, I know that. We won’t do what we need to do, though, hence we’re floundering around trying to tie down an overpaid goalkeeper who isn’t remotely good enough to play for us, in spite of his contract running out in less than a fortnight.

putzmcgee123

Please no twists in Ratcliffe's favour
Personally, I do not believe this will happen. Ratcliffe's strategy throughout this process appears to be constrained by the amount he is willing/able to pay up front to get control of the club. I think that is the main reason his deals are structured in increasingly complicated fashions, because he has to keep his total valuation high enough but wants the up front equity purchase to be as low as possible while still taking control.

There is nothing wrong with this strategy from the perspective of savvy business, and it would allow him to invest more in the club now. From the perspective of this bidding, it puts him at a disadvantage, not to mention potential legal challenges presented by Class A shareholders.

At this point, I think he has played all of his cards. I think it would take a meaningful increase in either his total valuation or his amount paid up front to stall exclusivity with the Qataris.

Have some faith. We're getting there.

putzmcgee123

I get why people are frustrated and it sucks that the summer window is going to be disrupted, but I strongly believe that as long as we get those leeches out, it will just look like a speed bump in hindsight. The long-term benefit of bidding them farewell is worth more than one window, even if the disruption of this window was ultimately avoidable.

croadyman

Not OTT in the slightest because right now there is zero to be positive about with all this

Status
Not open for further replies.