Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberman

Can’t wait to hear how a Bloomberg article means little now.
Seems like a bit of an open secret at this stage

LordSpud

Anyone else thinking news could come within days? The fiscal year ends on Friday...

resimad7

It is happening guys. Just seen it on BBG terminal

All headlines came out at 1702 -

Qatar group now confident of winning bid war
Ratcliffe bid said complicated by Minority investors
Qatar bid will be debt free
Sale process ongoing, may not lead to deal

Source is BBG - extremely reliable
“sale process ongoing, may not lead to deal”

So no news then.

Swedish_Plumber

Will there be tweets in about an hour saying Bloomberg has ‘jumped the gun with suggestions the Qataris are about to win’?

Seems to be the way.

Cloud7

Agreed. I just want this over with so we can get on with buying players.
Same. While I have my own preferences, I stopped being that bothered about the outcome a while ago (I have no doubt whoever came in would be better than the Glazers) and I’ve just wanted it to be done so the club can move forward because despite what has been said about the club having transfer plans in place for this summer it’s clear that this is holding us back.

romufc

These are credible reports but they mean nothing.... 6 weeks ago SJR was confident, now SJ is confident... The Glazers know how to keep getting clicks and excitement going. I am not getting carried away until the club tweets it.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I think there's a scenario in which SJR is 3rd in the running, with the Glazers preferring minority investment over his bid too - and we were probably heading that way until SJ upped his bid.

Sanchez7

The story is from David Hellier, Giles Turner, Dinesh Nair and Aaron Kirchfeld. All part of BBG's UK editorial team

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Can’t wait to hear how a Bloomberg article means little now.
Seems like a bit of an open secret at this stage
Given that there was nothing to corroborate the Reuters piece, there were legitimate questions to be asked at the time (which in retrospect were justified when the Reuters guy went on Stretford Paddock to clarify what he actually meant). There is more anecdotal evidence that something is happening this time.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Then I don’t understand how it’s all available
I guess we have the cash or can borrow but the rules on FFP restrict us due to owing so much on the old transfers (about 300m).

strandty

AGM in three hours…Probably won’t hear or learn anything but interesting timing

resimad7

it’s available based on our financial situation but FFP rules will basically stop us spending all of that. Depending on player sales I’m guessing too.

redshaw

I've not been worried about the transfer kitty, Glazers can allow a 100-200m credit in a 6 billion deal whether it takes until next season, gets to an advanced stage this summer or even completes as the season starts. New owners don't want a new season the in CL hampered and it will be agreed to have ETH backed well so I expect things to move in the next month or two for players. The small media like to stoke the flames.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Ben Jacobs “Understand talks claiming the Qataris are confident they might have won are a little smidge premature. Talks are ongoing and it could happen at any time in the future days/weeks/months etc. Could also be a different bidder”.

sport2793

So Muppetiers on twitter. What’s the craic with him? He seems to post about 2 minutes before a story breaks. Clearly no sources himself but seems to know when somebody else is going to break the news
He has high quality sources when it comes to transfers but his sources around the club sale have tended to only be centered around the bids from SJR and American entities, thus leading him to be behind the curve on the bidding process as a whole.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It's all available because the reality of FFP is that you can spend that money, nothing prevents you from doing it. The issue is how you manage the UEFA/FA audit, most precedents would indicate that if United admitted breaching break-even rules and agreed on a protocol to fix it, the UEFA/FA would only give us a suspended fine. That's what they do for nearly every first and second offenders.

cyberman

Will there be tweets in about an hour saying Bloomberg has ‘jumped the gun with suggestions the Qataris are about to win’?

Seems to be the way.
Na, fraudsters such as Ben Jacobs will soon tweet that nothing g has changed, they’re both awaiting clarification as if their no news is worth tweeting about
Expect Keegan and The Times to simultaneously put up an article at about 7

Lord Zlatan

Ben Jacobs “Understand talks claiming the Qataris are confident they might have won are a little smidge premature. Talks are ongoing and it could happen at any time in the future days/weeks/months etc. Could also be a different bidder”.
Think he covers every possible outcome there

Woziak

It's all available because the reality of FFP is that you can spend that money, nothing prevents you from doing it. The issue is how you manage the UEFA/FA audit, most precedents would indicate that if United admitted breaching break-even rules and agreed on a protocol to fix it, the UEFA/FA would only give us a suspended fine. That's what they do for nearly every first and second offenders.
I went through this on transfer tweets thread fir united and guess what I predicted £260m budget with the new revenue if £630m massively changing the FSP projection, we all know British media media are fed Fake news by The Glazers all the time!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I for one can’t wait for Ben Jacobs to pop up acting like he’s already had this information and provide us a fence sitting explanation of why it means both scenarios.

JediSith

Looks like the silence was the Glazers waiting to see if INEOS could make an increased bid. Maybe somehow Qatar have found they are not interested in raising the bid or not been able to raise extra financing.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
I for one can’t wait for Ben Jacobs to pop up acting like he’s already had this information and provide us a fence sitting explanation of why it means both scenarios.
Yes- he's such a faker!

ShinjiNinja26

If the fan base have had to endure the torturous process of the Glazers dragging this sale out for months only for them to turned around and accept minority investment then there be fecking carnage!

the_cliff

Just want this to end. Need to get on with it in and get players in.

Ratcliffe or Qatar just get it done ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.