Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparx99

FFP is based on total revenue, not profit. So paying off debt or not having interest payments won't make a difference.

The only way to increase this is to increase revenue (new sponsorship deal for example), or sell players.
Revenue dictates how much can be spent on wages and transfers. However, there is also a limit on losses that can be incurred.

So clearing our debt and interest payments allows us to spend more because it creates a larger buffer to that loss limit.

We aren’t going to be hamstrung by the revenue restrictions because our revenue is so big.

‘UEFA's new rules allow clubs to incur losses of €60m over three years, compared to the previous allowance of €30m. A spending cap on wages, transfers and agents' fees to 70% of a club's total revenue by 2025/2026 has also been introduced’

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
We haven’t had our football club since before Louis Edwards with that logic
We haven't. You are correct.

People are saying that now because they are starved of success. People would be happy with Putin buying the club if he promised us Harry Kane and Mbappe.

Moiraine

So my prediction of sale announcement before we hit 2000 pages is on.
Plus i also told you guys “Big day today”.
Plus i also predicted spain 2010, German 2014 and France 2018. And i also told you guys many times when United are going to finish in top 4.

Tiber

Must be 4pm in New York now. Not a even a shite twitter rumour from the agm?

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Not trying to be confrontational or anything here mate, but I'm genuinely curious. What exactly does having our football club back mean to you?
I have no idea.

I do know that the Qatari state essentially taking over means we don't have it back.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
No fans own their clubs in the PL. If it means we’re debt free and have a set of owners who instead of bleeding the club dry actually invest in the club with the ambition of returning us to the top then bring it fecking on!!
But what if they dont do that? What if they don't invest?

Or what if they spend like Chelsea's new owner and sack 2 managers before reappointing Solskjaer in April?

Moiraine

Should there be a thread for those who are going to moan after official announcement?

Woziak

Revenue dictates how much can be spent on wages and transfers. However, there is also a limit on losses that can be incurred.

So clearing our debt and interest payments allows us to spend more because it creates a larger buffer to that loss limit.

We aren’t going to be hamstrung by the revenue restrictions because our revenue is so big.

‘UEFA's new rules allow clubs to incur losses of €60m over three years, compared to the previous allowance of €30m. A spending cap on wages, transfers and agents' fees to 70% of a club's total revenue by 2025/2026 has also been introduced’
Absolutely correct if we show yearly revenue of £630m for 22/23 season our threshold for season 23/24 will be 90% or a total limit of £567m on wages, financials, net transfer, signing on fees and Agent fees.

It’s important to understand that previously agreed transfer deals in terms, for example Antony was 5 years amortised at £18m plus his £10m wages. That wage cost us already in this year budget which is looking like a 16% reduction on the previous year to a cost probably of £325m spent for all the clubs wages for the season of 22/23.

On the plus, the financial losses look better than last year where the club lost £115m, I’m guessing looking at previous 3 quarters maybe an operating loss of £30m, but we owe net interest on the historical debt so add £40m in net interest payment to service that historical debt.

FSP Total allowed £567m
Estimated Wages £325m
Estimated Financials £70m loss
Agent Fees allowance £25m
Amortised previous deals £85m this year
(We owe £320m)
This is the total cost we owe clubs for previous agreed sales on yearly terms.

That’s a total of £505-515m dependent on next years amortised costs

That leaves £52-57m which can be multiplied by 5 so at least £200-260m
budget

We then sell A Elanga, B Williams and D Henderson for a total of £40m and the budget will increase by £120-150m as they are shown in the accounts as pure net profit and that £50m net line becomes £90m multiplied by 5 means we have £300-350m for transfer and the rest fir wages remember some contracts will be 3 years, some 4 and some 5 and length of contract effects the budget.

For clear understanding here let’s use last year as an example, the Glazers were finally running out of cash, so they briefed the media that the club could only spend £100-120m on transfers due to FFP, when the truth was the club had a record loss of £115m.

We didn’t have the cash available to do the deals, however due to the huge net loss last season on our accounts we would have shown up on the Amber/red list of Uefa so we sold two home grown players , James Garner and Andreas Pereira for a combined £25m which then showed as net profit because both came from our academy, multiply that number by 5 and then you increase the budget from £120m to £250m , we then bought Casemiro and Antony on 5 year deals and amortised their costs which will show up in this years accounts and three more years down the line!

If SJ and Qatar buy the club, expect transfers to be paid for in one lump sum, more upfront payments and the values to be less. They will inherit a £320m transfer amortised major problem especially with FSP dropping to 70% in 25/26 season.

Last edited:

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
A club like United could never be owned by the fans in this climate. Its impossible. If the richest man in Britain has been ran around for 8 months, that dream is dead and buried. You can see the appeal of getting a sugar daddy after 18 years in an abusive relationship, though.
A sugar daddy is one thing.

Being taking over by a state is another very different thing. The current top three PL clubs being owned by effectively three nation states should have people concerned.

Too many people want football to be like Ultimate Team.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Absolutely correct if we show animal revenue of £630m for 22/23 season our threshold for season 23/24 will be 90% or a total limit of £567m on wages, financials, net transfer, signing on fees and Agent fees. It’s important to understand that previously agreed transfer deals in terms, for example Antony was 5 years amortised at £18m plus his £10m wages. That wage cost us already in this year budget which is looking like a 16% reduction on the previous year to a cost probably of £325m spent in all the clubs wages for the season of 22/23. Ok the financial losses look better than last year where the club lost £115m, I’m guessing looking at previous 3 quarters maybe an operating loss of £30m, but we owe net interest on the historical debt so add £40m in net interest paymebt to device historical debt.

FSP Total allowed £567m
Estimated Wages £325m
Amortised previous deals £85m
(We owe £320m)

budget

We then sell A Elanga, B Williams and D Henderson for a total of £40m and the budget will increase by £120-150m as they are shown in the accounts as pure net profit and that £50m net line becomes £90m multiplied by 5 means we have £300-350m for transfer and the rest fir wages remember some contracts will be 3 years, some 4 and some 5 and length of contract effects the budget.

For clear understanding here use last year as an example, the Glazers due to actually running out of cash briefed the media the club could only spend £100-120m on transfers due to FFP, when the truth was the club had record loss of £115m. We didn’t have the cash available to do the deals, however due to the huge net loss last season on our accounts we would have shown up on the Amber/red list of Uefa so we sold two home grown players , James Garner and Andreas Pereira for a combined £25m which showed as net profit because both came from our academy, multiply that number by 5 and then you increase the budget from £120m to £250m , we then bought Casemiro and Antony on 5 year deals and amortised their costs which will show in this years accounts and three more down the line!

If SJ and Qatar buy the club, expect transfers to be paid for in one lump sum upfront payments and the values to be less. They will inherit a £320m transfer amortised major problem especially with FSP dropping to 70% in 25/26 season.
It seems like one (potentially unintended) consequence of FFP and FSP is that clubs are increasingly running their academies purely as profit centers, selling young players to fund their allowable transfer spending.

MTF

Must be 4pm in New York now. Not a even a shite twitter rumour from the agm?
AGMs are not relevant in how listed companies conduct their business nowadays, especially one with a majority owner (Glazer family). They're only done because it's legally required.

This has been explained here before.

jasT1981

The full bloomberg article unblocked from paywall - https://archive.ph/PKpcP

It also has the following

But with the official sale process heading into its eighth month, the Glazers could make a last minute-decision to keep hold of the English Premier League club, accepting funds from an outside investor to renovate the club’s dilapidated stadium and training facilities, one of the people said. They asked not to be identified discussing confidential information.

Cloud7

I have no idea.

I do know that the Qatari state essentially taking over means we don't have it back.
Fair enough. You're not wrong there, though I don't think there's any realistic pathway that we can ever 'have the club back' in that sense. It will always be owned by someone else, I think.

ArbeitervonWien

This is a joke right?
Not my best, I guess.

But it really feels like something's dying when the Qataris buy our club. I was able to emotionally deal with the parasites, they were just sucking the money out of the club. But the Qataris drain our soul. We're becoming a sportswashing-tool. The first real football club to do so too.

Hester_manc

I hate to be the pessimist here, but why do people think this is any different than all the other times when someone announced on social media that the sale was close?

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
So my prediction of sale announcement before we hit 2000 pages is on.
Plus i also told you guys “Big day today”.
Plus i also predicted spain 2010, German 2014 and France 2018. And i also told you guys many times when United are going to finish in top 4.
You deserve a blue Peter badge!

Woziak

It seems like one (potentially unintended) consequence of FFP and FSP is that clubs are increasingly running their academies purely as profit centers, selling young players to fund their allowable transfer spending.
That’s exactly how things will play out in the next 5 years

laughtersassassin

If the Glazers stay with Minority investment it'll be a very sad day for the club.

Also will likely mean they will remain at the club for the rest of my life which ensures we will never compete again.

I'm begging that does not happen

WYVERNUNITED99

I don't understand the anti Qatari tbh.
As someone who lived pretty close to that country and watched them growing and flourishing their country where a lot of people travel to their country to find jobs and opportunities. They were a desert now it's beautiful country where it's people live beautiful life (know people who live there).
Not saying that qatar deal is the answer or the solution no body can guarantee that. But anyone will be better than the leeches family glazer. We are so rock bottom that's only way to go witch is up.
Again no body knows the future, but if the qatar deal wins am pretty sure we will be somewhere better than where we are. At least we can guarantee that.

cyberman

To be fair that isn’t such a bad thing

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
Absolutely correct if we show yearly revenue of £630m for 22/23 season our threshold for season 23/24 will be 90% or a total limit of £567m on wages, financials, net transfer, signing on fees and Agent fees.

It’s important to understand that previously agreed transfer deals in terms, for example Antony was 5 years amortised at £18m plus his £10m wages. That wage cost us already in this year budget which is looking like a 16% reduction on the previous year to a cost probably of £325m spent for all the clubs wages for the season of 22/23.

On the plus, the financial losses look better than last year where the club lost £115m, I’m guessing looking at previous 3 quarters maybe an operating loss of £30m, but we owe net interest on the historical debt so add £40m in net interest payment to service that historical debt.

FSP Total allowed £567m
Estimated Wages £325m
Amortised previous deals £85m this year
(We owe £320m)

budget

For clear understanding here let’s use last year as an example, the Glazers were finally running out of cash, so they briefed the media that the club could only spend £100-120m on transfers due to FFP, when the truth was the club had a record loss of £115m.

We didn’t have the cash available to do the deals, however due to the huge net loss last season on our accounts we would have shown up on the Amber/red list of Uefa so we sold two home grown players , James Garner and Andreas Pereira for a combined £25m which then showed as net profit because both came from our academy, multiply that number by 5 and then you increase the budget from £120m to £250m , we then bought Casemiro and Antony on 5 year deals and amortised their costs which will show up in this years accounts and three more years down the line!

If SJ and Qatar buy the club, expect transfers to be paid for in one lump sum, more upfront payments and the values to be less. They will inherit a £320m transfer amortised major problem especially with FSP dropping to 70% in 25/26 season.
What's our monthly expenses?

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I hate to be the pessimist here, but why do people think this is any different than all the other times when someone announced on social media that the sale was close?
Because it's recent. This time tomorrow it shall be considered much less convincing, short of other sources backing it up.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
To be fair that isn’t such a bad thing
IMO it's tough to predict what the second- and third-order effects will be, and as a result whether or not it'll be a net positive for football. But from a purely romantic perspective, as somebody who loves to see players come up through their respective clubs' academy systems, it does sadden me a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.