Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgieworst

So with the noises increasing of Jassim not succeeding in his takeover, how long do you lot reckon Ratcliffe will keep hold of the club?

And without wanting to sound morbid, given that he’s an OAP, what will happen when he either steps down or passes away? Will it ironically be exactly like the Glazers with his sons essentially inheriting the club? They’re involved in his businesses I think.

If so, it’d be mad for a club of Utd’s size and rich working class roots to basically be inherited by nepo babies twice in a row.
What noises are these, nobody's hearing anything.

weizxx

1963: First games played in the Bundesliga, the primary professional Association football league in West Germany, replacing the Oberliga.

strandty

So with the noises increasing of Jassim not succeeding in his takeover, how long do you lot reckon Ratcliffe will keep hold of the club?

And without wanting to sound morbid, given that he’s an OAP, what will happen when he either steps down or passes away? Will it ironically be exactly like the Glazers with his sons essentially inheriting the club? They’re involved in his businesses I think.

If so, it’d be mad for a club of Utd’s size and rich working class roots to basically be inherited by nepo babies twice in a row.
The only noises are from here and socials really because there has been no real media releases so pessimism sets in.

Fox outside the box

Stretford Paddock are just as bad as the United Stand and that plum Goldbridge these days. Daily clickbait videos for the naive youngsters to lose their collective minds over. OR they go with the headline “Mbappe to Utd?” and because there is a question mark, they can claim they’re just exploring the notion after they’ve just read a headline in the Daily Star. Money, money and fame - that’s all these talentless idiots are after. <rant over>

There's no news around at the moment because no-one knows what’s happening and they’ve all had to sign NDAs.

When it happens, it happens. I think a lot of our media’s noses are out of joint because they’re not being fed tidbits of information anymore.
Totay agree and you can see the change over the last few years. They engage so heavily in fan baiting, gossip mongering and click bait, the channel has really gone downhill.

The lads are decent but I no longer subscribe and pick and choose what I'll watch.

Howson has really started to love the smell of his own farts and I quite like him, just in small doses.

It's now my guilty pleasure trash TV option that I'll tune into a couple of times a week when I need background noise.

Joe pretty much carries the channel now tbh. Paddock sit in the trash entertainment section of YouTube football along with the United Stand, AFTV etc. All geared towards driving engagement and subs over quality content.

resimad7

The Simon Stones podcast with the paddock was purely an opinion piece from Stones, using words like “I assume” and “they could do this”. The way the Paddock of pushed it though is as if it’s actual news, which it isn’t.

SteveCoppellFan

Stretford Paddock are just as bad as the United Stand and that plum Goldbridge these days. Daily clickbait videos for the naive youngsters to lose their collective minds over.
I was not that fussed with Goldbridge until the last couple of weeks or so, but his recent videos have been nothing but negative nonsense with silly headlines.

Its really put me right off him tbh, just comes across as a right idiot at times.

stevoc

Starting to sound a bit defeated and deflated in here. I reckon the sale will still happen no need to panic yet.

Tarrou

I'm still backing my theory from a few weeks ago that we'll get fees for our midfielder, keeper and striker signings before they announce it

we had about 3 pence to spend in January due to the takeover and looks like we're close to spending about 150m this summer

and before anyone replies stating that's illegal because of stock market rules, it's not.. they don't have to announce anything until a deal is done and there's always wiggle room if your legal team guide you correctly

georgipep

I'm still backing my theory from a few weeks ago that we'll get fees for our midfielder, keeper and striker signings before they announce it

we had about 3 pence to spend in January due to the takeover and looks like we're close to spending about 150m this summer

and before anyone replies stating that's illegal because of stock market rules, it's not.. they don't have to announce anything until a deal is done and there's always wiggle room if your legal team guide you correctly
I think there is great accounting engineering going on in representing the year end numbers and until we get clearance that we're good by FFP for the season, and on relatively doable trajectory for the next 2, any sale will be trickier, as the asset valuation is up in the air.

If the Glazers want to use FFP compliant competitive team as a reason to ask for more money, they will. And, honestly, they should.

Us being a healthy and sustainablly ran business will never not be a great thing.

Cloud7

Is this the longest that there's been without any news at all? Like even the made up news?

Blackbeard

Supports
Bristol City
It’s amazing how many times opinion has swung between both bidders and then no sale without any news at all.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
I can’t see this happening honestly. I was always confused why Qatar went for us with the price tag. Absolutely dumb really when you can invest in other clubs for let’s be real. 1/10th the price.

Get them into the CL in a single year potentially like Newcastle did. You would think that would be the No brainer deal.

United is very unattractive given the work that needs doing even with our fanbase. Adds more complications.

Brutally honest if I had 50 billion I probably wouldn’t invest in United. Looking at what City have done in 10 years you would kinda want to emulate that. Growing a club.
Think you are looking at this as an investment opportunity and Qatar are looking at it from a global exposure point of view.

The intangible asset of United is the world famous brand.

Zora

Totay agree and you can see the change over the last few years. They engage so heavily in fan baiting, gossip mongering and click bait, the channel has really gone downhill.

The lads are decent but I no longer subscribe and pick and choose what I'll watch.

Howson has really started to love the smell of his own farts and I quite like him, just in small doses.

It's now my guilty pleasure trash TV option that I'll tune into a couple of times a week when I need background noise.

Joe pretty much carries the channel now tbh. Paddock sit in the trash entertainment section of YouTube football along with the United Stand, AFTV etc. All geared towards driving engagement and subs over quality content.
Agree with every word here. It’s a shame because Paddock was great in its first years. Like you say, it’s now “We’ve got 1000 people watching but only 500 likes - come on, hit the like button” and it just feels like I’m watching a televised version of the The Daily Star or something.

acrebo

It's a tough wait but the silence is the clearest indicator yet that the deal specifics are being worked through. There'll be insane levels of non-disclosure in place for those involved in the legals - plus, we're talking about a different set of individuals involved compared to the usual transfer negotiations (no 'agents' involved...), so there's not a chance of any genuine leaks.

It's happening, just a frustratingly slow process.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I don't know why they are waiting this much. You have two offers on the table for a month now. Surely, after a month(s) of thinking about it, you should know already are you selling or not.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It's a tough wait but the silence is the clearest indicator yet that the deal specifics are being worked through. There'll be insane levels of non-disclosure in place for those involved in the legals - plus, we're talking about a different set of individuals involved compared to the usual transfer negotiations (no 'agents' involved...), so there's not a chance of any genuine leaks.

It's happening, just a frustratingly slow process.
I was of the same opinion but my confidence is waning. I’m beginning to wonder if it really is a bit of an impasse between the Glazers or at least they have the final offers from both INEOS and Qatar and before they make their selection they want to now explore the minority offers and rule them out before they pull the trigger.

It would kinda make sense for all we’ve heard about them being painstakingly slow and deliberate in all their decision making.

MegadrivePerson

I don't know why they are waiting this much. You have two offers on the table for a month now. Surely, after a month(s) of thinking about it, you should know already are you selling or not.
From the Glazers perspective, they don't care about the future of this club so are in no rush to sell. The longer they wait the more the value of the club goes up.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

What noises? I've heard nothing about him not succeeding, except because of the silence, people are assuming that he's not successful?

bstb3

From the Glazers perspective, they don't care about the future of this club so are in no rush to sell. The longer they wait the more the value of the club goes up.
Yeah, but at some point they have to be able to realise the on paper value they think they have. The value is only ultimately what someone is willing to pay, and the more they mess around, make themselves look like completely unworkable sellers, the fewer sale options they will have. If either INEOS or the Sheik Jassim end up walking away to an alternative the Glazers will be screwed because nothing then stops the other party from playing hardball. They need the investment, they know they need the investment, but their greed is ultimately going to cost them (and potentially us). The only potential point is that they might just be working through the details of a very complex structure if the SJR bid is winning, but if so you would think something would have been said by now.

The whole thing is maddening and such a poor reflection on them and Raine at this point. I hope they all spend the rest of their lives stepping on green and yellow legos each night when they get up to go to the toilet.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I was of the same opinion but my confidence is waning. I’m beginning to wonder if it really is a bit of an impasse between the Glazers or at least they have the final offers from both INEOS and Qatar and before they make their selection they want to now explore the minority offers and rule them out before they pull the trigger.

It would kinda make sense for all we’ve heard about them being painstakingly slow and deliberate in all their decision making.
My guess is, the delay is likely down to the Glazers themselves. It could be civil war for all we know between those wanting to seel and those wanting to keep.

The fact that there is utter silence could mean that the Glazers are fighting it out between themselves, or that details are being worked on and there truly is absolutely no leaks at all. I'm more of the opionion that the Glazers are in civil war mode, but i could be, and most likely am, wrong. With the reports a while ago of INEOS being less confident in their bid, i'd say they're just keeping their bid on the table just in case.

The minority investment option i'd have said would be ruled out now. The Glazers would have had a long long time to go over the options, and if they truly wanted minority investment, they'd have taken it by now, theres absolutely no advantage in keeping the bidders around for no reason

Fox outside the box

Agree with every word here. It’s a shame because Paddock was great in its first years. Like you say, it’s now “We’ve got 1000 people watching but only 500 likes - come on, hit the like button” and it just feels like I’m watching a televised version of the The Daily Star or something.
Yeah I've followed the lads from back when they were full time devils. Their target audience is clearly like 13 - 22 year olds and they pump out content just for sheer volume rather than quality content.

I find it ironic that they will dig at the Glazers every 30 seconds for being greedy when their entire business model is driven by greed.

Good quality content channels don't click bait and they are United Stand levels of click bait now. Funny you mention the daily star, I often refer to them, United Stand etc as YouTube redtops. They are just basically The Sun/Daily Star etc and I actually think they do more to stoke negativity amongst the fan base than anything informative or positive.

And I'm bored as feck of Howson living off a brief stint in the army, thinking he's flipping Rambo.

Fox outside the box

I suspect there's way more to it than we give credit. The way I see people talk about it is as though it's like buying a car on auto trader. There will be so many things to go over and discuss and wait for responses on and a lot of it will probably depend on various people's availability, things will have to be scheduled and if a person can't make it, rescheduled. Things discussed might then need to be verified or legal advice sought which could need to wait days due to availability and stuff like that.

Cloud7

This isn't even the case. It's been widely reported that the offers on the table from Jim and Jassim are their final offers, so the glaziers aren't even extracting more money from this delay.

Spoony

The People's President
No noise at all. Not even wannabe ITKs with their ridiculous tweets. I suspect there's a lot brinkmanship involved. We'll soon find out, a few decades from now.

Hal9000

Better than expected financial results, lot of talk about us sorting out contracts and saving money, CL football, stronger FFP rules to hold back the amount everyone spends and new the TV deal coming up for bids again this year...

No wonder Glazers are taking their time.

I don't think it's going to happen. I think it's obvious 4 want out, 2 want to stay.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
This isn't even the case. It's been widely reported that the offers on the table from Jim and Jassim are their final offers, so the glaziers aren't even extracting more money from this delay.
Precisely. If neither of these two up their offers then how do they expect more money. Nobody else is coming in, unless we turn into an all conquering side and win trophy after trophy, even that would not change much as we still need major work on ground and training facilities and there is still that bloody debt. They have really messed up our club. Ones talking about CL money, yes we have it this season, but you have to sustain that, teams need constant strengthening to just maintain that nevermind move forward.

SteveCoppellFan

only channels I can watch now regarding united are webby and oneill or flying pig just seem less clickbait and more grounded.
Flying Pig is funny as hell, the guy needs to calm down before he has a heart attack but he's a great watch.

I'm warming to UnitedPeoplesTV, he tries to keep it as simple as possible, tends to go a little overboard with how great his community is but he's nothing like Goldbridge etc

cyberman

No noise at all. Not even wannabe ITKs with their ridiculous tweets. I suspect there's a lot brinkmanship involved. We'll soon find out, a few decades from now.
Thinking about it now, it all points to Qatar. If they were talking through the A class shares problems then that would 100 percent leak since so many people are involved and they wouldn’t have signed NDAs.
To be fair I’ve changed my stance on this about 3 times now

Zora

Yeah I've followed the lads from back when they were full time devils. Their target audience is clearly like 13 - 22 year olds and they pump out content just for sheer volume rather than quality content.

I find it ironic that they will dig at the Glazers every 30 seconds for being greedy when their entire business model is driven by greed.

Good quality content channels don't click bait and they are United Stand levels of click bait now. Funny you mention the daily star, I often refer to them, United Stand etc as YouTube redtops. They are just basically The Sun/Daily Star etc and I actually think they do more to stoke negativity amongst the fan base than anything informative or positive.

And I'm bored as feck of Howson living off a brief stint in the army, thinking he's flipping Rambo.
Rambo :lol:

Agree completely with your points too.

Howson also thinks he’s prime Pep Guardiola these days too. Really cringy stuff at times.

They’re all good lads though and I wish them well. I just can’t take them seriously but I guess we’re not supposed to?

They’ve been ok on the takeover stuff by getting the likes of Stone on there but even then, they go with the headline “Qatar will go for Spurs!” when all Stone said was “Qatar could go for anyone if they don’t get Utd, Spurs - anyone!”

They’re just another AFTV/Utd Stand/etc now.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Ratcliffe confirmed they're under NDAs and the usual click bait journalists never had anything to actually go by, there are only so many made up stories you can publish or tweet. I think it is probably normal we have radio silence now, this is how the Glazer family operate. Will we be sold? I have no idea, but complete silence is the normal pattern with these owners so is little indication of anything.

mufc_sd

KSR said:
#IPL The owners of a very popular football club have been eyeing an entry into the BCCI-run T20 League for quite some time now. Long ago, they eyed an opportunity with a couple of franchises. One popular IPL franchise, they thought, wanted to sell -- if not wholly then partly. These football club owners showed patience but nothing went through. The said IPL franchise saw great value in staying put and rightly so. Then the IPL franchise auctions came and as soon as BCCI floated the tender document, these football club owners were back in action. They looked at potential pre-bid & post-bid alliances, did their math start to end, end to start. On the day of the auction, they turned up thinking they were "in" the game. Like a dozen others, they realised towards the end of the day, they weren't. They went back to the drawing board. What next? They wanted a T20 League entry at all costs. So, if not India then elsewhere to begin with -- they settled for another League for the time being and again waited with patience. An entry into IPL is what they were seeking. Then, for the umpteenth time, this IPL franchise which has perennially struggled, once again raised hopes among investors (like they keep doing once every two years) they they would be open to the idea of either a stake sale or divestment. Talks got underway again and the owners of the football club, who had been waiting so patiently, obviously jumped in. Negotiations began and went on for months. Back and forth. At one point I thought, this is it -- they might finally get in. And then again, for the umpteenth time the co-owners of the IPL franchise backed out. A 30% stake sale was under negotiation and that discussion is now off the table. Just for the record, bankers were discussing the value of that 30% to the tune of US$400m -- probably in the range of approx Rs 3,200 crore. Some others thought the tag was overpriced. Anyway, the owners of the football club now wait patiently again. ---- Despite the sale not going through, there are two reasons why I'm sharing this here. Not all negotiations are successful but negotiations alone help us understand the increasing or diminishing value of the property. The owners of the football club are desperate. ---- p.s. I could've named all parties here. Many of you, I'm sure, will get it easily. At least the football club and its owners. But where's the fun in simply writing the names? The fun is when you guess, argue, guess and get it right. Have fun.
A very reliable cricket finance writer talking about the Glazers’ attempt to purchase one of the two new franchises in the Indian Premier League (IPL).

Tweet link.

Son

I remember Howsen saying he could own a wrestler called Triple H in a fight one time because wrestling is fake.

I’ve literally seen Triple H tear his quad in a match and finish it somehow. I doubt any physical athlete would be scared of Howsen. :houllier::lol:

MegadrivePerson

So you think if the Glazers turn round and say they want an extra 0.5 Billion either or both parties will walk away?

Woziak

There’s no noise that either SJ or SJR are wining or losing, the reality is we are at a delicate position in the process;

1. All Parties have signed strict NDA’s
2. The minority share holders have made it clear which bid they prefer.
3. No one will pull out as a decision has to be be made in next 4 weeks one way or another
4. Share price has fallen a dollar recently due to the delay in decision but still over $22
5. Financial results for last year are better than expected

Summary - It looks like two to three weeks ago some form of communication between the Glazers, Raine Group and 92 Foundation occurred, SJ possible even was told verbally that his bid would win.

His group leaked this information out to local news outlet, Reuters, Bloomberg etc or maybe The Raine Group did simply because they want the highest commission. The rumour of that 5th bid was nearer to £5.4/5.5bn and more importantly would be made in one single payment, their previous bid was rumoured to be a two payment structure, similar to the INEOS bid. The conveniently leaked story that the minority share holders would take the Glazers and SJR to court was possibly to make the public feel like INEOS bid was dead on arrival.

It’s clear that both Joel and Avram prefer the INEOS bid and they’ve asked SJR to go away and find the additional money to bid for now 80% of the club while they stall the other 4 siblings. This was a theory running through my head, then I listened to a great podcast including ‘Tom the Journalist’ yesterday who said exactly the same thing.

Two Glazers stalling to allow SJR to find additional funds to appease the minority, of course all the time hoping that maybe SJ and 92 Foundation either pull out which means the minority are much easier to subdue or heavens forbid actually increase their bid to the £6bn, the Glazers have always wanted?

Either way Joel and Avram win, as much as I love my club, there’s a small part of me that wants both bidders to just pull out and call the Glazers Bluff, hopefully sending us spiralling downwards.

As a united fan I was once asked would you take being relegated to get rid of the Glazers and the answer for me has always and will always be a resounding yes

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I remember Howsen saying he could own a wrestler called Triple H in a fight one time because wrestling is fake.

I’ve literally seen Triple H tear his quad in a match and finish it somehow. I doubt any physical athlete would be scared of Howsen. :houllier::lol:
I've realised that many United supporters (probably just people in general) are just tragic. You've got YouTubers calling the Glazers greedy, whilst profiting from fellow supporters with their clickbait bollocks. People like Howson who are so sure of themselves and their opinions, even though they've got videos out there of opinions that look daft now. Then there's those on RedCafe that are getting giddy at the thought of Qatar taking over and/or MG returning to United.

Status
Not open for further replies.