Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

putzmcgee123

Yay more made up reports coming off the back of a nothing statement by Becks.
Hey, what do you mean, "made up?" He merely said he "was told." He does not even broadly suggest by whom. :wenger: Top tier reporting. This way, he doesn't have to come out and say, "a source in my 7-a-side league told me..."

Pes6Monster

He’s (Beckham) been offered an ‘International Ambassador’ role if Qatar are successful in their acquisition of United.
Been saying it for months.

The Qataris will buy off previous legends in order to talk up the Qatari dictatorship.

We're Man United. We don't need David Beckham to introduce us to anyone.

In April/May the Manchester United sale situation was described as 90% done. It hasn't progressed since.
A sad albeit predictable state of affairs. Probably more months to go as they mull Jim'll Wreck It's latest ploy, hoping 'Jassim' will up the state bid.

Last edited:

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I actually thought Becks might become the chairman of United where he has a ceremonial role but is basically the face of the club for all intents and purposes, at least to begin with.

What that tweet says (true or not) sounds like those ministers without a portfolio.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
If Sir Jim is that interested he’d be wise to wait for 9-2 to take over then offer additional investment to them , it would be quite the powerhouse.

putzmcgee123

It's funny going back to read Chelsea message boards when their sale process was taking place. They were irritated by Ratcliffe because they felt he was trying to drag it out...they had no idea how good they had it. :lol:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Love to see Beckham back involved with the club
He is always an ambassador of us. I don't think any official title means anything. The man is running his own football club, that's where his focus will continue to be.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
He is always an ambassador of us. I don't think any official title means anything. The man is running his own football club, that's where his focus will continue to be.
It will be largely a cerimonial role with Beckham taking the inaugural free kick every season

Yorke to Cole

I think his comments over the weekend are perhaps opportunistic. However, he has clearly expressed that this club (like Romano, Neville) can't continue to function with this "noise around the club."

On a separate note, I remember people used to take the absolute piss out of David Beckham because of his accent and saying he is thick. Look at everything he has done since he has retired.

Appletonred

Beckham is one of Utds great number 7s, a major cog in that great team of '99 and personally would love to see him back at the club in some description.

Cloud7

If we can get him in some sort of role where he talks to potential transfers and tries to convince them to come to United, like Zidane used to do for Real, I think that would be hugely beneficial for us.

stevoc

My act is that when Nice were doing badly last year it was mentioned constantly (including by you) but now they’re doing well it’s never mentioned.

It obviously has no impact on how United were run but to post dozens of times about how Nice were shit last year and now they’re doing well question why it is being mentioned is clearly silly.
Very strange that.

Ken Barlow

Share price below $19 again - some investment article that Yahoo Finance have on their website shows the following.

Are they in a good financial position?FAIL - Has less than 1 year of cash runway
Are they forecast to achieve profitability?FAIL - Currently unprofitable and not forecast to become profitable over the next 3 years
Analysis: Overvalued with concerning outlook

Article here: https://simplywall.st/stocks/us/med...tm_campaign=integrated-pitch&utm_source=yahoo

Last edited:

stevoc

It’s unquestionably xenophobic to suggest that the same individuals running PSG are the same ones bidding for Utd.

Moreover it’s factually incorrect and comically ignorant.
What of someone thinks that Sheikh Jassim is simply a front for a Qatar state bid?

I'm sure no one thinks the same guys that run PSG day to day would be running United.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If we can get him in some sort of role where he talks to potential transfers and tries to convince them to come to United, like Zidane used to do for Real, I think that would be hugely beneficial for us.
When did Zidane do that for real?

FujiVice

In terms of PR and distraction, David Beckham is the number 1 draft pick in all of sport to have as your lead ambassador or "president" (i.e. one with little power, but maximum visual support.) If you are Qatar, and day one you go "here's David Beckham" then all the papers will be focused on the "David Beckham takes over United" angle. They'd play a blinder putting Beckham as the public face of the takeover.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He talked Varane out of signing for us
He did a great job didn't he.

Also I don't think one incident constitutes as an actual role. I'm sure becks is also there to nudge players toward us if he felt he could influence it. We don't need to formalise a role for him

Superden

Share price is back to where it was pretty much before the news in June about Qatar being preferred bidder (when it jumped)

cyberman

He did a great job didn't he.

Also I don't think one incident constitutes as an actual role. I'm sure becks is also there to nudge players toward us if he felt he could influence it. We don't need to formalise a role for him
Yeah but you just asked for an example. I’m sure he talked to others, that’s just something that affected us

Woziak

If Sir Jim is that interested he’d be wise to wait for 9-2 to take over then offer additional investment to them , it would be quite the powerhouse.
They, the Qatari would not entertain any combined bid they want 100% control so they can conduct their business for the club in private without media leaks!

gaffs

Ah see, I’m not just a pretty face, seriously though something has to happen either way, very soon because they have to let the NYSE know what’s going on!
I'm not sure this is an indication of something going on. It is not like a takeover has to happen at the start of a financial year.

Is there a set deadline?

Woziak

I'm not sure this is an indication of something going on. It is not like a takeover has to happen at the start of a financial year.

Is there a set deadline?
I think like you, this is all Stalling tactics from the Glazers, watch in the next 7 days rumours from British Press that INEOS 25% minority share is about to be concluded then we will say a 6th and final bid from SJ/92 Foundation and the whole cycle repeats again, with the exception this time that Qatari bid genuinely walk away by the middle of November and this time they will mean it?

And then INEOS renegotiate on the the minority offer ?

They do need to announce last years finances by middle of November, so let’s see what happens ?

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I've believed in the "Wait until October/November" so I'm banking on some action over the next two months.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Ah see, I’m not just a pretty face, seriously though something has to happen either way, very soon because they have to let the NYSE know what’s going on!
I'm guessing the longer that these results are kept from investors, it's a good indication that something is going on, or is likely to be going on

Status
Not open for further replies.