g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Could this deal have been impacted by the fact that Giazers are of Jewish descent and Quatar being a Muslim state, after recent happenings?

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Watch Jassim takeover Tottenham or something and the club fall behind them too. :lol:
That’s exactly what is going to happen. They will buy some other football club in England and we would fall behind even further.

BarstoolProphet

Would prefer that to a part purchase. Just prolongs the agony. Hopefully now hes the sole bidder he attempts a full purchase.
Yeah, I won't mind him owning 100%, but would be devastated if him owning a part of United trumps a change for the club.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Agreed but they will care when games are postponed, some united fans will take relegation now for them to get out next year !
We as football are too easily pleased and passive in England unfortunately.

Stevondo8

i think INEOS will eventually take control. It’s been my preferred result all along

to be honest though Im never going to pack it in no matter what happens
Same tbh. Just feels like if INEOS were going to buy, it would have happened by now. At a guess it will be incremental share purchases over a fairly lengthy period of time.

RedRocket9908

TalkSports report that Shiekh Jassim has pulled out is complete and utter nonsence and is just false info being leaked by Raibe group to cover for tbe fact that despure everyone involved in the takeover has signed a strict NDA the news that the Glazers have signed off on the sale to Shiekh Jassim still got leaked.

Shiekh Jassim knows that 99% of genuine Man Utd fans want his bid to be successful rather than the partly Saudi funded bid from Sir Jim and INEOS so there is no way he would just pull out.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
A few decades of misery will make it all the sweeter.
If that's what it takes then so be it. Football goes in cycles. Nobody has a divine right to win all the time. I'd rather support my football club without having to put morality to one side.

AaronRedDevil

Going to be sickening watch Jassim buy Liverpool, Spurs or Arsenal now. Fecking scumbag owners don't care they are destroying the club.

Giggsyking

The celebrations of the fans of the other clubs all over social media says it all, they are relieved. They know we will swim in mediocrity till the end of the time with this leaching family.

BarstoolProphet

Could this deal have been impacted by the fact that Giazers are of Jewish descent and Quatar being a Muslim state, after recent happenings?
The religion involved is money and money only. But the optics for the club certainly would look worse considering the current events.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Glazers have been sucking at that soul for so long that Qatar wouldnt have made a difference anyway.
Weirdly us being a once great all conquerors club now the ever hard lucked underdog / sleeping giant….the soul has remained

STYLOISRED

This club is finished. SJR finally gets his name officially associated with club and the Glazer get to stay and leech off the club even more. We will continue to slowly slide into mediocrity and irrelevance.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Forgive me about not crying about United not being owned by Qatar or any Qatari entity, especially now.

There are tons of Israeli United supporters angry at the club over the weak - PL driven - response to the mass killing by Hamas and talk about walking away fro United. A Qatari ownership would be the final nail for them.
You do realise this a very divisive issue? You might be annoyed, I would have been annoyed if we released a Chelsea style statement. It's a subjective political issue and the club has handled it well.

fecking fantastic news. Thank feck. Don't have to see our club become a political toy, sugar daddy club.

We'll get back to the top eventually, and it'll be all the sweeter for it when we get there by doing things the right way. Might be some pain until then, but being a state owned club was the last thing I wanted for us
That's fine, but INEOS keeping the Glazers in control is the worst case scenario. We've been "in pain" for 10 years now and there's no light at the end of the tunnel. This club will not consistently be a big club under the Glazers, it's that simple. We'll have the name but that's about it.

Caellum

Ah yeh, the guy worth tens of billions is coming for the £3million dividends.
He already ownes 2 clubs if he was a half decent owner they would be challenging for trophies, they are mid table mediocrity.
Jim is in for his share of the dividends.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
TalkSports report that Shiekh Jassim has pulled out is complete and utter nonsence and is just false info being leaked by Raibe group to cover for tbe fact that despure everyone involved in the takeover has signed a strict NDA the news that the Glazers have signed off on the sale to Shiekh Jassim still got leaked.

Shiekh Jassim knows that 99% of genuine Man Utd fans want his bid to be successful rather than the partly Saudi funded bid from Sir Jim and INEOS so there is no way he would just pull out.
What?

gaffs

I can't get my head round why people are ready to jump off a cliff here.

There is no way that Ineos and Radcliffe are going to stop at 25% of the club. It makes zero business sense to do so. This is clearly a stepping stone towards majority control.

We may not get all debt cleared, new stadium etc, but the end result will mean The Glazers will no longer be in control of this football club, which for me, is the major issue. That is a massive improvement on Glazer control.

SirScholes

a lot of “we are dead” talk is ridiculous
As if the only way back was to be owned by a state sugar daddy
Get a grip

Morpheus 7

fecking fantastic news. Thank feck. Don't have to see our club become a political toy, sugar daddy club.

We'll get back to the top eventually, and it'll be all the sweeter for it when we get there by doing things the right way. Might be some pain until then, but being a state owned club was the last thing I wanted for us
Yeah we'll be back soon, absolutely delusional.

RedWilliam

Well, thats it then. Might as well just shut down this whole shambles of a club right now then. There will be no trophies as long as the current owners are still involved. So sad to see the decline of this club, and also knowing it will probably only get worse now.
F*** the Glazers.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Watch Jassim takeover Tottenham or something and the club fall behind them too. :lol:
Erm…I’m not sure that will happen for fairly obvious political reasons

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Our atmosphere beat the atmosphere of the CL winners last year.
Yeah, it's great when we get trashed at home. I loved how good it was when City, Liverpool schooled us at home.

Don't worry, more great atmosphere to come!

Fooza

It's the top journos that are reporting that seems to be briefed by the Qatari side, it's over.

laughtersassassin

As long as the guarantees of majority control are in place then at least it means we will be rid of the Glazers soon.

Hopefully this gets accepted or we are fecked forever

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
i think INEOS will eventually take control. It’s been my preferred result all along

to be honest though Im never going to pack it in no matter what happens
How? They don't have money to buy whole club. You think that in a few years Glazers will demand less money?

theatreofdreams777

Opposition fans celebrating that in replies tells all you need to know. Just like they wanted Moyes, Ole etc. to stay at United, they didn't want Qatar turning United the powerhouse they once were.

This is basically the confimation of United are finished and there are top reds celebrating that. Enjoy mediocrity for at least another decade then.

Status
Not open for further replies.