Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
For someone who slates Goldbridge for taking out of his behind, you seem to be on a mission to beat the guy at his own game.
How so? Because I am reading the reports from today and think Ratcliffe is making more astute decisions?
Compared to Goldbridge, who literally makes things up and calls people a prat for pointing out where he's wrong :lol:

hobbers

Based on the fact that Qatar have broadly underwhelmed and PSG look a circus for 10+ years, their reported moves were not in line with proper sporting decisions and Ratcliffe's ones are.

There is nothing 'wishful' about that. I just dont take the Qatari bid that seriously for a sporting perspective, they just wanted to buy us as a vehicle to beat their chest like they do with PSG. That much is clear from the leaks and the reported moves they were making, it was going to just be another PSG situation.
Meanwhile Rat wants us as an ego trip and some Ineos greenwashing. Meh.

No one serious about being the next custodian of United would offer so much of other peoples money to allow the Glazers to maintain control.

JB7

I have had to mute the words Jassim, Qatar and Ratcliffe on twitter as it’s fecking boring listening to cnuts argue about it.

If anyone follows that wanker @stretfordpost then you need your head testing, fecking clown of the highest order.

“Chelsea and Barca didn’t want Ratcliffe so why should we?”

1. He was outbid by Boehly.
2. Barca are member owned and don’t have an ownership structure like most clubs

Had to block him as he was making me angry
And on Chelsea, his bid was also after their very public deadline, leading to a lot of cynicism at the time that he was only "bidding" to make it known to owners of certain other clubs that he was looking to spend big money on a PL club.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Meanwhile Rat wants us as an ego trip and some Ineos greenwashing. Meh.
Not sure what you're eluding to on this, I am not here for a moral argument because we can easily rinse both parties if we wanted to - probably best to focus on the footballing side.
No one serious about being the next custodian of United would offer so much of other peoples money to allow the Glazers to maintain in control.
He's not done that though.

RedDevilQuebecois

I'd say that's pretty far away from a shambles though as the original person said.
First, the standings after 8 matches don't mean jack shit in a campaign that has 34.

Second, Nice's average finish since INEOS took over is 7th.

Third, FC Lausanne-Sport have been relegated TWICE since INEOS took over.

Don't expect an apology when I see nothing to suggest that SJR is in any way competent in any form of sports ownership, especially if his company gets the full reins on sporting operations. INEOS have been mediocre so far on balance.

RedUnited86

I'm grateful to the Caftards sat at home in their skiddies for showing me just how much of an idiot this £30 billion self-made man really is. What a chump!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
First, the standings after 8 matches don't mean jack shit in a campaign that has 34.

Don't expect an apology when I see nothing to suggest that Sir James Arthur Ratcliffe FIChemE is in any way competent in any form of sports ownership, especially if his company gets the full reins on sporting operations. INEOS have been mediocre so far on balance.
Hi. I was responding to the comment that Nice were in shambles when they clearly aren't right now.

I don't really know why you're bringing other stuff up unrelated to what I was talking about?

always_hoping

Since Ineos took over Nice 4 years ago they have gone through 6 managers, they are currently managed by Francesco Farioli who was little known a 34-year-old Italian who never played football professionally and got his big break in coaching working alongside Roberto De Zerbi at Sassuolo. Nice are currently 2nd in the French league unbeaten and have defeated 1st and 3rd PSG,Monaco away this season.

Of course Ineos has full control of Nice while Ratcliffe and his founding company will only have a stake in United and those leeches the Glazers are still around.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Haven't been following this much in recent days. Does Qatar bowing out effectively mean that Sir JR is expected to win ? Or have the Glazers simply decided to keep things as they are now ?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yeah like with FC Nice, 6 different managers in 4 years. he knows what he is doing.
I am agreeing Nice were very turbulent early on, they did a review and made a lot of changes.
The fan sentiment on them was still positive as there was a lot of good groundwork going in - an Athletic article cited fans were optimistic that Ratcliffe is making longer term success more viable. That article came before their current position, sitting unbeaten in the first 8 games and above PSG- who have been underwhelming for over a decade.

jasT1981

No source
Account created less than 2 months ago
Less than 7500 followers.

Yeah, this is just a fan account trying to boost its profile.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Haven't been following this much in recent days. Does Qatar bowing out effectively mean that Sir JR is expected to win ? Or have the Glazers simply decided to keep things as they are now ?
The latest credible reports is that Qatar being out is 100%, and even if Ratcliffe's moves collapses, the glazers can't turn to Qatar their bid again. This is by Ben Jacobs (so credible to some degree I guess).

Sir Jim is expected to win because Glazers have 96% control at the board meeting I think. The agreement was for 25%, with a route to 100% in the future, however Sir Jim will get immediate control on the footballing decisions.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The latest credible reports is that Qatar being out is 100%, and even if Ratcliffe's moves collapses, the glazers can't turn to Qatar their bid again. This is by Ben Jacobs (so credible to some degree I guess).

Sir Jim is expected to win because Glazers have 96% control at the board meeting I think. The agreement was for 25%, with a route to 100% in the future, however Sir Jim will get immediate control on the footballing decisions.
Interesting, thanks.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Good luck to all True Reds here. This is me signing off from this forum.
I have been Pro-Qatar for a while for a simple fact, demanding results from everyone.
Pogba, Sanchez, Glazers, Jim, Rashford, all cut from the same cloth. Money without accountability.

following United for almost 27 years has been a great joy, I associated myself with this club even living thousands kilometers away.
From last november I saw a bitter truth, tribalism at its peak across every fiber of our society.

I wanted my team to win, best players & best facilities (never had the money to visit, but that was my life time goal to visit Old Trafford) , my team has been at the top of mt. everest of football for generations, unfortunately there's nothing going to change. And taking emotional toll which I cannot take it any more.

Lack of unity on this forum shows what Glazers have done to us. Its been 10 years since our better days, we have been smacked around by our fiercest rivals, yet Jim is the answer. (either get the money or get competency atleast if both are not possible).

My 4 year old has been singing Glory Glory from last 2 years. I hope he succeeds in following his team for his life.

Thank you for everything friends.
Oh my gosh.

tomaldinho1

When the dust and, clearly, emotions for some settle there’s not that much of a controversial story here.

Glazers said we’re open to a sale, this is our valuation and one bidder matched it. He seemingly had to jump through some hoops and pay up but no one else did. Whilst minority isn’t what many wanted, it is still at least strengthening someone other than a Glazer sibling.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Don't expect an apology when I see nothing to suggest that Sir James Arthur Ratcliffe FIChemE is in any way competent in any form of sports ownership, especially if his company gets the full reins on sporting operations. INEOS have been mediocre so far on balance.
Their average position in the 5 preceding seasons was 8th.
Lausanne were a yo-yo club before Ineos took them over too.

Owners can have different goals at different clubs. Taking over at the start of 2019/20 season is a rough time, given COVID started half way through. And COVID through a big wrench in everybody's plans for the immediate years that followed, unless you're a sugar daddy owner. But if you operate in a sustainable way, and plan to grow through that, then it has a big impact and delays progress.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

You don't know the actual state of play at these clubs before he came, and the changes made after he came, is it?
Here take it from Nice fans - https://theathletic.com/4427920/2023/04/20/jim-ratcliffe-nice-manchester-united/

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
--> Staff will be cut
--> Murtough and Arnold might be dead men walking
--> Board will be restructured to give the INEOS members control to for sporting autonomy
--> Paul Mitchell looks likely - Michael Edwards admired but unclear if he's open for a PL return.
--> Jean-Claude Blanc could be the CEO

From The Athletic:

" Ratcliffe wants control of sporting decisions immediately and is proposing a new structure where INEOS representatives have seats on the board, thus granting definitive influence on such matters. But the exact nature of this arrangement still needs to be worked out. Ratcliffe is not concerned with having oversight on United’s commercial arm straightaway, but he has been negotiating the mechanism for eventually buying the majority of shares and completing a full takeover.

It is anticipated that Ratcliffe would wish to make his own appointments on the football side and plans have been discussed.

Paul Mitchell, who has left his role as Monaco’s sporting director and moved back home to Manchester, is thought to be under consideration. Mitchell established his reputation for recruitment work at Southampton, Tottenham Hotspur and RB Leipzig and has a good relationship with senior INEOS figures. Monaco were top of Ligue 1 when he left after what was regarded as a successful transfer window and the building of a new management setup.

Michael Edwards and Julian Ward, who enjoyed success in helping build Liverpool’s squad under Jurgen Klopp, have been discussed, but it is unclear if either is open to a Premier League return imminently. United held talks with Dan Ashworth before he took up the position as Newcastle United’s sporting director and any approach would now cost significant money in compensation. There is speculation about what any restructuring would mean for football director John Murtough, with Ratcliffe tending to want his own people in positions of power.

Sir Dave Brailsford, the former head of British Cycling and INEOS Grenadiers before becoming Ratcliffe’s director of sport in late 2021, would be expected to head up the sporting operation at United.

The position of Richard Arnold as United’s chief executive would come into doubt should Ratcliffe succeed. Jean-Claude Blanc, the former Paris Saint-Germain chief executive who joined INEOS in February, is a potential candidate to step in. Ratcliffe, who toured Old Trafford and the training ground at Carrington in March, is said to feel that United’s operation can be more streamlined given the club employs more than 1,000 staff members. "

Red_toad

So Jim’s bid values the club at $5.2 billion and the Glazers turned down $6.5 billion. Whole deal is crazy, much like the United’s YouTube channel bases reactions. Looking forward to hearing what Sir Jim says if he‘s successful.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
When the dust and, clearly, emotions for some settle there’s not that much of a controversial story here.

Glazers said we’re open to a sale, this is our valuation and one bidder matched it. He seemingly had to jump through some hoops and pay up but no one else did. Whilst minority isn’t what many wanted, it is still at least strengthening someone other than a Glazer sibling.
All they ever said was they were looking at what options there were, at no time have I seen anything that said they were selling, most of what's been said/printed/published/commented on has been pure conjecture

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Seeing reports that Jassim wanted to buy players like Mbappe and Camavinga makes me glad that they’re not coming. It seems like we’d be set for more transfer windows of impossible targets whilst the more sensible club take the top young talents.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
So Jim’s bid values the club at $5.2 billion and the Glazers turned down $6.5 billion. Whole deal is crazy, much like the United’s YouTube channel bases reactions. Looking forward to hearing what Sir Jim says if he‘s successful.
You are assuming that the rest of the Glazer's shares will be sold at the same price as the 25%, that will almost certainly not be the case, when all the details are sorted out I suspect that what they will ulimately end up with will be more than $6.5 billion

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Good luck to all True Reds here. This is me signing off from this forum.
I have been Pro-Qatar for a while for a simple fact, demanding results from everyone.
Pogba, Sanchez, Glazers, Jim, Rashford, all cut from the same cloth. Money without accountability.

following United for almost 27 years has been a great joy, I associated myself with this club even living thousands kilometers away.
From last november I saw a bitter truth, tribalism at its peak across every fiber of our society.

I wanted my team to win, best players & best facilities (never had the money to visit, but that was my life time goal to visit Old Trafford) , my team has been at the top of mt. everest of football for generations, unfortunately there's nothing going to change. And taking emotional toll which I cannot take it any more.

Lack of unity on this forum shows what Glazers have done to us. Its been 10 years since our better days, we have been smacked around by our fiercest rivals, yet Jim is the answer. (either get the money or get competency atleast if both are not possible).

My 4 year old has been singing Glory Glory from last 2 years. I hope he succeeds in following his team for his life.

Thank you for everything friends.
State of this.

Football was never for you.

prateik

Can't wait for this shit to be over.. bring on Thursday..
Glad its not Qatar..

L1nk

I'm having a 'hissy fit' because the club's ethos built up by SAF of competing to win is dead in the water. We've gone from a scary club to a laughing stock in the past years. With this, we're truly on the path of fallen giant.

Not because some rando from Qatar didn't take over. If we got a Boehly (who despite his issues has spent the money and even wanted to build a new stadium) or if Ratcliffe took over 100%, that'd be acceptable.

However, I cannot and will not stomach a ruse like the one Ratcliffe has pulled off where the future of the club is in limbo, just so he can get to play with United, while the parasites stay and enrich themselves further.

I have learned my lesson in the past on empty promises and propaganda from people like Ratcliffe. You can feel free to believe him but that won't change the reality.
So you've just ignored every single report that says it's an initial 25% with a pathway to a full takeover later on? Again I ask you people, what is it you want exactly? Qatar didn't want to stump up enough money to change Joel and Avram's minds, nobody else bidded for 100%, and by all accounts it seems that regardless of offers they didn't want to fully leave just yet, which is why Ratcliffe got creative and pulled out what he needed to do in order get his foot in the door and to, eventually, oust the Glazers fully, this is not a 'ruse' for him to take 25%, steal the money and ride off into the sunset. You are indeed having a hissy fit, throwing your toys out of the pram and making up narratives to suit conclusions that you've already made your mind up on.

Just like loads of people in this thread who are crying about Qatar (though it seems you aren't talking about Qatar specifically)

JediSith

So you clearly don't want the Rolex that much then? If you did you'd negotiate a deal that the seller was happy with.

If Qatar have got $8 billion to play with it's incredible that they couldn't find a way to negotiate a similar but slightly better deal than Sir Jim did. If they've been out manoeuvred by Sir Jim then it doesn't say much about their business nous!
Or.. I know the real value, the aftermarket value, and the hyper value.

It could also be argued… Ratcliffe was forced to overpay for just 25%.

acnumber9

I'm grateful to the Caftards sat at home in their skiddies for showing me just how much of an idiot this £30 billion self-made man really is. What a chump!
The Glazers are rich too. Making money and being good at running a football club are not the same thing.

Cloud7

--> Staff will be cut
--> Murtough and Arnold might be dead men walking
--> Board will be restructured to give the INEOS members control to for sporting autonomy
--> Paul Mitchell looks likely - Michael Edwards admired but unclear if he's open for a PL return.
--> Jean-Claude Blanc could be the CEO

From The Athletic:

" Ratcliffe wants control of sporting decisions immediately and is proposing a new structure where INEOS representatives have seats on the board, thus granting definitive influence on such matters. But the exact nature of this arrangement still needs to be worked out. Ratcliffe is not concerned with having oversight on United’s commercial arm straightaway, but he has been negotiating the mechanism for eventually buying the majority of shares and completing a full takeover.

It is anticipated that Ratcliffe would wish to make his own appointments on the football side and plans have been discussed.

Paul Mitchell, who has left his role as Monaco’s sporting director and moved back home to Manchester, is thought to be under consideration. Mitchell established his reputation for recruitment work at Southampton, Tottenham Hotspur and RB Leipzig and has a good relationship with senior INEOS figures. Monaco were top of Ligue 1 when he left after what was regarded as a successful transfer window and the building of a new management setup.

Michael Edwards and Julian Ward, who enjoyed success in helping build Liverpool’s squad under Jurgen Klopp, have been discussed, but it is unclear if either is open to a Premier League return imminently. United held talks with Dan Ashworth before he took up the position as Newcastle United’s sporting director and any approach would now cost significant money in compensation. There is speculation about what any restructuring would mean for football director John Murtough, with Ratcliffe tending to want his own people in positions of power.

Sir Dave Brailsford, the former head of British Cycling and INEOS Grenadiers before becoming Ratcliffe’s director of sport in late 2021, would be expected to head up the sporting operation at United.

The position of Richard Arnold as United’s chief executive would come into doubt should Ratcliffe succeed. Jean-Claude Blanc, the former Paris Saint-Germain chief executive who joined INEOS in February, is a potential candidate to step in. Ratcliffe, who toured Old Trafford and the training ground at Carrington in March, is said to feel that United’s operation can be more streamlined given the club employs more than 1,000 staff members. "
This all sounds quite good as well

Status
Not open for further replies.