Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaffs

A young striker that could also play from
The bench or right wing, he fits Eric’s mandate left footed right inverted striker, Hojlund is potential, United need a goalscorer 13 goals in 12 PL is beyond awful, which is why as soon as Martial goes a new striker is coming bin.

No one sits on the bench long at united as a third of the squad is always injured !
Agree, we need another striker. You said Toney and Osimhen. That is a stretch in January.

Our PL goal tally is terrible. But is this Hojlands fault? It is not like he is missing a bunch like Nunez is/was. We aint creating.
One for the Hojland thread.

FujiVice

I dont think it can be overstated just how much money letting Varane, Sancho, Martial and Antony will be. 4 of the most expensive wages in Europe. A competent board would have those 4 gone.

gaffs

I did say this what Sir Jim’s manifesto needs to look like for fans to accept him after getting in bed with the Glazers even if for a temporary period and yes we need an elite number 9 asap.
Maybe to get you on side, who has been anti Ratcliffe from the start.

For me, bringing in people with competence would be a massive start. As would be the promised $300mil of investment, wherever that ends up.

I don't need a 10 point manifesto promising this player or that. We will start to see changes, but it takes time to turn a huge ship around.

And bear in mind, INEOS may be limited in what they can come out and say to fans. They are, after all, only minority owners.

gaffs

I don't see why it should plummet, but I personally expect SJR is just buying Glazer shares and, since he's paying a premium for them, this will then establish that Class A & B shares have a totally different value
If what you say is true and SJR just buys Glazer shares, then that should lead to shares dropping.

The stock price has been inflated due to speculators believing there could be a $6bil+ full sale, thus pricing shares at over $35.

Pre The Glazer announcement, shares were at $12.

If Jim only ever wants to buy 25%, then what future and value is there in holding class A shares? As his minority takeover takes the chance of a nation state or bigger fish coming in a giving The Glazers, and by extension the minority shareholders, the price they want.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I'd be worried we've got ourselves into another mess if Ratcliffe comes in and starts throwing money around on players in January. I'd feel more confident in him if he takes time to assess things with a proper team of people. No transfers in January, spend time assessing players and the manager (if he's still here).
They’ve had access to the clubs data for months though, who’s to say they haven’t been carrying out assessments throughout that period.

gaffs

No he hasn't. He's rehashed publically available information and gullable viewers fell for it
Agree.

I find is quite dishonest that he dresses up the information received from twitter as his own.

Last week, re the INEOS announcement being potently occurring this week, he phrased it as "Im lead to believe that", like he has a source informing him.
Yet that story was broken on Sky Sports hours before.

Im sorry, but why anyone believes a kid in America is more connected than the hundreds of sports and business journalists with years of experience in establishing's contacts, it beyond me.

Remember the geese

It someone keeps guessing, they eventually they will get it right.
He isn't guessing. Some just can't handle the fact that an American actually has a decent source where Manchester United are concerned. In this case, on the INEOS side specifically. However, anyone with any inside information is immediately shut down on here. Even Fabrizio Romano.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
He isn't guessing. Some just can't handle the fact that an American actually has a decent source where Manchester United are concerned. In this case, on the INEOS side specifically. However, anyone with any inside information is immediately shut down on here. Even Fabrizio Romano.
I have asked before for anyone to give an example of news that was broken by him, no one came up with anything that wasn't already publicly available

Zora

How can you be certain that he is ?
What news has he broken before anyone else? Genuine question.

And if he's so well connected and has good sources, why doesn't he have a professional platform like Ornstein? He runs a channel and Discord server called 'Muppetiers' ffs.

He's a chancer who started a subreddit years ago because someone told him we were signing Dybala and he went from there. Yet he still uses a condescending tone whenever he makes videos.

The guy knows as much as you and I - what he reads on BBC and Sky Sports News.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
If what you say is true and SJR just buys Glazer shares, then that should lead to shares dropping.

The stock price has been inflated due to speculators believing there could be a $6bil+ full sale, thus pricing shares at over $35.

If Jim only ever wants to buy 25%, then what future and value is there in holding class A shares? As his minority takeover takes the chance of a nation state or bigger fish coming in a giving The Glazers, and by extension the minority shareholders, the price they want.
It's just my expectation, I could be wrong of course but either way there is still some value to the A shares. They did pay dividends in the past (not at the moment and a possible reason by Ariel sold) and anyone who wants full control (like Sheikh Jassim) has to buy them.

BTW That $12 value was an exception, basically the all time low - generally they have traded in the $15 to $20 range, which is where they are at now.

Either way there is a lot of unanswered questions about the 25% bid,. hopefully we get an official statement and some clarity soon.

Berbaclass

What news has he broken before anyone else? Genuine question.

And if he's so well connected and has good sources, why doesn't he have a professional platform like Ornstein? He runs a channel and Discord server called 'Muppetiers' ffs.

He's a chancer who started a subreddit years ago because someone told him we were signing Dybala and he went from there. Yet he still uses a condescending tone whenever he makes videos.

The guy knows as much as you and I - what he reads on BBC and Sky Sports News.
I feel you are being disingenuous. The guy has sources undoubtedly.

Do you actually watch his videos?

Laurencio

They’ve had access to the clubs data for months though, who’s to say they haven’t been carrying out assessments throughout that period.
It's pretty obvious they are going into January with a clear plan. It's not like they started to think about this last week. The first indication that Mitchell was earmarked by Ratcliffe as a DOF came in early May (Ben Jacobs). We've known that Ratcliffe wants to take away recruitment authority from the manager and leave it in the hands of "experts", which more or less means data-driven recruitment, for longer than that. It was reported in the Telegraph that he specifically asked the Glazers for control of transfers for the summer-window in May, while the finer points of the deal was being negotiated. That was regarding the 69% deal, where Ratcliffe would have essentially bought out the Glazers' shares only, but that ended up canceled as it would have led to lawsuits from Class-A share-holders.

Berbaclass

It's pretty obvious they are going into January with a clear plan. It's not like they started to think about this last week. The first indication that Mitchell was earmarked by Ratcliffe as a DOF came in early may (Ben Jacobs). We've known that Ratcliffe wants to take away recruitment authority from the manager and leave it in the hands of "experts", which more or less means data-driven recruitment for longer than that. It was reported in the Telegraph that he specifically asked the Glazers for control of transfers for the summer-window in May, while the finer points of the deal was being negotiated. That was regarding he 69% deal, where Ratcliffe would have essentially bought out the Glazers' shares only, but that ended up canceled as it would have led to lawsuits from Class-A share-holders.
Some people don’t see it as obvious unfortunately.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
How often do you watch his videos or look at his posts in the discord though?
Ive seen a lot of the vids you posted. One of which you and another poster were sure was new info, before I posted Ben Jacob's saying the same thing 24 hours earlier.

And if discord is for money, then it's sad that people are actually paying to be fooled :lol:

Berbaclass

Ive seen a lot of the vids you posted. One of which you and another poster were sure was new info, before I posted Ben Jacob's saying the same thing 24 hours earlier.

And if discord is for money, then it's sad that people are actually paying to be fooled :lol:
The discord is free. I look in there now and then. He posts stuff in there before it becomes mainstream.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The discord is free. I look in there now and then. He posts stuff in there before it becomes mainstream.
Name one thing he's put in discourse with the source and show what he's broken.

As said many times, he's a fraud and rehashed publically available information. I also did a prove out for you when you thought he broke something new. I thought you had learned from that!

Berbaclass

Name one thing he's put in discourse with the source and show what he's broken.

As said many times, he's a fraud and rehashed publically available information. I also did a prove out for you when you thought he broke something new. I thought you had learned from that!
Mate I’m not here to convince you. If you don’t think so then whatever it’s really not that deep.

Offsideagain

Now it's this week during the International break that the 25% deal will be done. Then it will be definitely the week after, then before Christmas. The fact is, it will be done when it's done which sounds obvious because it is. I'm still surprised Sir Jim has gone this route but he's a multi-billionaire and I'm not, so good luck to him. I still think throwing £250m at the rotting core of OT is a mistake, make do and mend almost. We need a new, bigger modern stadium. I don't particulalry care if it's not on the same site either. Bloody nightmare to get there and also to get out.

Big Andy

Bloke
Now it's this week during the International break that the 25% deal will be done. Then it will be definitely the week after, then before Christmas. The fact is, it will be done when it's done which sounds obvious because it is. I'm still surprised Sir Jim has gone this route but he's a multi-billionaire and I'm not, so good luck to him. I still think throwing £250m at the rotting core of OT is a mistake, make do and mend almost. We need a new, bigger modern stadium. I don't particulalry care if it's not on the same site either. Bloody nightmare to get there and also to get out.
"rotting core" is bollocks. £250m on the existing structure would be ample. Inside the ground it is still one of the best stadiums in the world. Sure the concourses need work, and the roof and needs bringing into the 21st century, but otherwise I'd not chuck away 100 years of history for a soulless new bowl, miles away from where it is now, just because it has a jumbotron and a cheese room.

Zora

I feel you are being disingenuous. The guy has sources undoubtedly.

Do you actually watch his videos?
Yes, I do watch them and that's how I know he's a BS merchant. And you still haven't provided any of us with any videos or podcasts where he breaks news before other sources.

Again, I think you're James or related to his channel. So many of your posts here are promoting Muppetiers tweets, videos and you get very defensive when we challenge them.

Berbaclass

Yes, I do watch them and that's how I know he's a BS merchant. And you still haven't provided any of us with any videos or podcasts where he breaks news before other sources.

Again, I think you're James or related to his channel. So many of your posts here are promoting Muppetiers tweets, videos and you get very defensive when we challenge them.
Trust me I am not him.

MarylandMUFan

"rotting core" is bollocks. £250m on the existing structure would be ample. Inside the ground it is still one of the best stadiums in the world. Sure the concourses need work, and the roof and needs bringing into the 21st century, but otherwise I'd not chuck away 100 years of history for a soulless new bowl, miles away from where it is now, just because it has a jumbotron and a cheese room.
Amen. I was a Denver Broncos season ticket holder in their old Mile High Stadium which really was crumbling apart. The new stadium, right next door was nice and shiny, but you can never ever get back what was lost with the old stadium. The new stadium is great for making money, but it's lost the magic the old stadium had and you can't replicate it. Also, our ticket prices doubled with the new stadium.

Bowlcut11

James has been consistent with INEOS being the preferred bid of the Glazers throughout the process even when everyone else was saying Qatar had won/were winning.

It seems apparent he definitely has an INEOS source so I don't think he's a BS merchant although I agree he isn't the 'be all end all' of takeover news as it is one sided.

I think he does also have a club source of some description when it comes to transfer news as he was ahead of the game on sales in the summer but was more hit and miss with incomings.

If you're just watching the videos, you won't get the full scope as he posts a lot of information on Discord and Twitter as well

Berbaclass

James has been consistent with INEOS being the preferred bid of the Glazers throughout the process even when everyone else was saying Qatar had won/were winning.

It seems apparent he definitely has an INEOS source so I don't think he's a BS merchant although I agree he isn't the 'be all end all' of takeover news as it is one sided.

I think he does also have a club source of some description when it comes to transfer news as he was ahead of the game on sales in the summer but was more hit and miss with incomings.

If you're just watching the videos, you won't get the full scope as he posts a lot of information on Discord and Twitter as well
Yes he was always very relaxed about INEOS amongst all the Qatar hype. Making him look biased at times but he just simply had better information.

DanClancy

Jim might

Probably to Radcliffe's benefit that he has people thinking he's only buying 25% of the club.

Those who own the listed shares were looking at doubling their money if the Glazers accepted the Qatari offer, there's every chance the price will drift to Ineos's advantage. If their long term plan is to buy 100% of the club then they might pick up those listed shares for not much more then what their worth now if they continue to drift.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I'd be worried we've got ourselves into another mess if Ratcliffe comes in and starts throwing money around on players in January. I'd feel more confident in him if he takes time to assess things with a proper team of people. No transfers in January, spend time assessing players and the manager (if he's still here).
Agree totally with what you say.
I feel that we need a couple of season's developing some of our academy guys, not buying stop gap players who are on the edge of decline.
I feel that Ten Hag will still be here at the end of the season, not that I've seen much of a plan or system when we play, but to jettison him now would cost money, and as a new 'football' owner, I would be telling him to develop these youngsters, and if we do need to buy, then we would buy only quality players who still have time to improve.

Rojofiam

From being the biggest pro-Qatar poster in this thread to being accused of being the Muppetiers guy :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a journey for @Berbaclass

Loon

:lol:
Unless the targets in January were long-standing and previously unobtainable because of the budget constraints.

Loon

:lol:
Agree totally with what you say.
I feel that we need a couple of season's developing some of our academy guys, not buying stop gap players who are on the edge of decline.
I feel that Ten Hag will still be here at the end of the season, not that I've seen much of a plan or system when we play, but to jettison him now would cost money, and as a new 'football' owner, I would be telling him to develop these youngsters, and if we do need to buy, then we would buy only quality players who still have time to improve.
What about if the people coming in have a list of quality players, a la Peter Kenyon?

Status
Not open for further replies.