Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
You're saying that just because you've been exposed...
I made a super tame joke about the hitler downfall meme at a time when Qatar looked to have the upper hand and they just banned me. I said someone should do a version where Ratcliffe finds out Qatar had won.

Amarsdd

I made a super tame joke about the hitler downfall meme at a time when Qatar looked to have the upper hand and they just banned me. I said someone should do a version where Ratcliffe finds out Qatar had won.
Deserved :lol:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I don’t have specifics because I’m not actively keeping records mate. He posted stuff and said stuff about Varane recently though before anyone else.
Think it's clear with him that he has contacts with other ITKs... He doesn't have his own sources IMO. But because he's got a lot of followers, he's got a platform to get info from others with some actual sources while sharing them to gain them popularity IMO.

He does also make up a shit ton, or just do educated/logic based guesses and then displays them as facts. If he had real sources he wouldn't have to do that quite so much

croadyman

We definitely need a statement from Ratcliffe of his plans for club when it's confirmed

Laurencio

We definitely need a statement from Ratcliffe of his plans for club when it's confirmed
Given that we've seen leaks to press at regular intervals, usually when the press has a meltdown over some random rumour, that seems like it is likely to happen. I'm not sure how "definitive" that statement will be though. He can't outright criticise his business partners - the Glazers - and he can't really make definite promises unless he has full control of the boardroom.

However, we have a lot of information as is - assuming some of the more persistent reporting in the press is accurate. So far the most reliable outlets have reported that he's aiming to restructure the club's operating structure with a new CEO and DOF. He is changing the recruitment processes and removing the manager's authority (and veto) in recruitment matters. It's been reported that he's investing almost £300M staggered into club infrastructure of his personal wealth this year, with the majority being available to the club before January 2024. They've reported that he's investing a hiterhto unknown amount of money, which may or may not be revealed at a later date, into the stadium in the future (probably after a full aquisition). Finally it has been reported by mutliple sources, BBC prime among them, that his long to medium term aim is to take full ownership of the club - possibly as early as late 2024.

Last edited:

Laurencio

It has to be Mitchell. What an anti climax Freedman would be.
I think it's either Mithcell, or they split the responsibilities into a sporting director overseeing all parts of the club, which Mitchell will get, and individual DOFs for then men and women's team - where Freedman will be the DOF for the men's team. There's been too much noise about Mitchell in the past year for it to just be unsubstantiated rumours.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Dougie Bloody Freedman???
I thought this too but I read his wiki:

On 21 August 2017, Freedman returned to Crystal Palace as sporting director.[50] In the summer of 2021, Freedman played a big role in helping bring former Arsenal captain Patrick Vieira to Crystal Palace as their manager. He also secured the loan signing of Conor Gallagher from Chelsea as well as permanent deals for centre-back Marc Guehi and winger Michael Olise. All three signings turned out to be pivotal in the ensuing campaign as Crystal Palace reached the FA Cup semi-finals for just the fifth time in their history

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I think it's either Mithcell, or they split the responsibilities into a sporting director overseeing all parts of the club, which Mitchell will get, and individual DOFs for then men and women's team - where Freedman will be the DOF for the men's team. There's been too much noise about Mitchell in the past year for it to just be unsubstantiated rumours.
So much like we have already then?

Like Murtough and O’Boyle the assistant DOF

Dazzmondo

I'm more aware of Mitchell's career than Freedman, but Guehi, Olise and Eze are all good finds. I think my main issue is these are all English youngsters. I'm sure his knowledge of young English players is excellent, but at Utd we need someone with a global network and knowledge. I'm not sure he's shown he has that yet, unlike Mitchell.

Status
Not open for further replies.