Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telsim

Good. Hopefully, John Murtough isn't far behind Richard Arnold. I'm more interested in that.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Likely just a give and take between glazers and Jim. The latter may have wanted him out immediately
CEO can vote on the board. Probably wanted someone who wouldn’t try to block the deal?
Arnold apparently voted against the INEOS bid, completely untenable If true, Patrick Stewart as interim which means he won’t see out more than 3 months than go back to his original post but sets a precedent for Sir Jim’s Minority buy in.

He just needs to rubber stamp their buy in then we need an interview. As much as most of us are not keen, we need to hear him out and the one thing about Sir Jim us is that he likes to talk and he’s always prepared to be open as well as candid with his ideas.
Ok the whole voting angle could well be the 'more to the story' I mentioned. It implies that his position is untenable, as mentioned above.

@Woziak I'm more than happy to give him a chance. I was one of the minority that wanted Ratcliffe over Qatar. Just thought it was interesting as, as you mentioned, it implied that his position was completely untenable even in the short term for whatever reason,

padzilla

Hipster
Good. Hopefully, John Murtough isn't far behind Richard Arnold. I'm more interested in that.
Couldn't agree more. We need a proper director of football not somebody synonymous with the failure of the last decade getting promoted.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
These guys are such chancers. It sounds like this deal is practically done, and I expect many of the details/hires are pretty much nailed on. Yet they're still talking about 'favourite' for the CEO position etc. If they had info then they should know exactly who it will be by now.
They have said Blanc multiple times tbf

19Dan81

Seems odd that we'd put an interim in place. Why not just leave Arnold until he is officially replaced? Must be more to that story.
Arnold replaced with a guy that's been with the Glazers at the club since 2006 after Arnold had previously rejected Ratcliffe's offer in favour of Jassim consortiums offer as the CEO has a board seat. If you want all yes men on the board prior to a major vote then you got one.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Unsurprising. Quickest way for Ratcliffe to earn some fan goodwill is to remove the failures operating above the manager.

stu_1992

After the Greenwood fiasco, Arnold was never going to recover in my eyes. He clearly wanted to bring him back and only a backlash scared him into changing that decision, it wasn't because he wanted to do the right thing. Before that I thought he was decent, and better than Woodward in that he seemed to try to put a structure in place and leave people to their jobs. Ultimately it turned out not to be a good structure/right people so a fresh start with the new ownership makes complete sense. Also he's a Glazer appointment and the less of those, the better.

Zed is not dead

Seeing a lot of 'good riddance' style takes for Arnold.

From what I have seen he seems a pretty genuine guy and I do get the impression he cares about the club. He's made some feck-ups (mainly Greenwood and some transfers) but I don't really get the animosity.
People want blood.
In 6 months time the newly appointed guys will be called shite and unproven with no real track record and so on

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
After 11 years of abject failure from the glazers , any decision/appointment that’s not made by them is unlikely be any worse and offers me hope.

I really think that some people don’t understand how bad they have been at hamstringing the club. Not winning the league or champions league, given money spent is bad. But consistently struggle to even qualify for the CL or make even a meaningful challenge is entirely ALL on the glazers, not the managers.

Every single decision at the club , including managers and signings, is run by them. They consistently allowed the wrong strategy’s continue and the wrong people make decisions that have added to EVERY United manager failing.
It’s just another major glazer decision which leaves them with final say and holding the purse strings/club in debt/ownership uncertainty long term. It’s going to be bad for the club unless somehow Jim is a sporting savant and can do what no manager post Fergie has been able to do. At least he has his own money and stake. They are the most unlucky/inept of all the money grabbing goblins. Hopefully they are at the least one step closer to finally fully fecking off at some point in the medium term and leaving us with owners that care/know about football and can afford us without saddling us with even more debt

Last edited:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
It’s a pretty big thing for someone who owns 25% of something to immediately come in and remove the CEO. You’d think he’d have to get the Glazer’s approval. Who knows, maybe he has?

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Interested to see what happens to the Murtough x Fletcher level of the structure now.
Murtough will presumably go too. Fletcher's role is minimal, he identifies academy players for promotion within. He will be safe I'd assume unless there's a big upheaval in the immediate.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
After 11 years of abject failure from the glazers , any decision/appointment that’s not made by them is unlikely be any worse and offers me hope.

I really think that some people don’t understand how bad they have been at hamstringing the club. Not winning the league or champions league, given money spent is bad. But consistently struggle to even qualify for the CL or make even a meaningful challenge is entirely ALL on the glazers, not the managers.

Every single decision at the club , including managers and signings, is run by them. They consistently allowed the wrong strategy’s continue and the wrong people make decisions that have added to EVERY United manager failing.
You realise that Fergie worked under the Glazers too?

decorativeed

Good news. Arnold is both incompetant and an absolute tool. Glad to see the back of him.

Caf loves scapegoating
True, but some of us have worked for United during Arnold's time at the club and know for a fact he's a shitehawk.

Last edited:

ForeverRed1

The only way ratcliffe earns any respect is if he goes and gets the absolute best available footballing people. We want the best DOF, best CEO, best recruitment/scouting networks. Absolute best in class in a footballing sense of the word. Thats the only way he gets any respect at this point. What he does with the structure of the club is the most important aspect of his takeover imo.

no more sentimentality. No more friends FC or ex United players getting jobs. Proven track records only. Go and raid the best people, test their resolves at current clubs. It’s a massive mess that’s going to take the top people to even begin to put it right.

He’s got to be utterly ruthless at this point.

Berbaclass

The only way ratcliffe earns any respect is if he goes and gets the absolute best available footballing people. We want the best DOF, best CEO, best recruitment/scouting networks. Absolute best in class in a footballing sense of the word. Thats the only way he gets any respect at this point. What he does with the structure of the club is the most important aspect of his takeover imo.

no more sentimentality. No more friends FC or ex United players getting jobs. Proven track records only. Go and raid the best people, test their resolves at current clubs. It’s a massive mess that’s going to take the top people to even begin to put it right.
Sounds like he’s going to get them to be fair.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Bet Arnold is massively regretting turning up to meet Ratcliffe in trainers, a v-neck and open collared shirt with no tie the scruffy bastard

pocco

loco
Don’t know I find that weird too.
Personally I just don't believe them. I followed, in the loosest sense of the word, Muppetiers when it first got mentioned on here a few years ago. They were wrong on practically everything, it was actually mind boggling to me how so many people were hanging on their every word for the following transfer window, and the one after that etc. They got practically nothing right and yet people still believed it.

Berbaclass

Personally I just don't believe them. I followed, in the loosest sense of the word, Muppetiers when it first got mentioned on here a few years ago. They were wrong on practically everything, it was actually mind boggling to me how so many people were hanging on their every word for the following transfer window, and the one after that etc. They got practically nothing right and yet people still believed it.
He’s been pretty certain over the last few days in the discord

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He’s been pretty certain over the last few days in the discord

Which is rehashed information from public news. Everyone knows Ratcliffe will bring Blanc and Brailsford. In fact Brailsford was tjpped to have a major part since our first round of bids back 6 months ago. Blanc has been a name mentioned for a long time too.

littlepeasoup

For me an excitement over change of personnel at the very top of the club structure is tempered by the fact that it's still the Glazers sitting on top of the pyramid

Remains to be seen how this split between the commercial and sporting parts of the club will work in practice. The only thing that can be said really is that those arsehole nepo babies have properly pulled a blinder here. Best case scenario for them.

pocco

loco
On the face of it I find it strange that Arnold voted against Ratcliffe. At the time, the overriding feeling was that Qatar were going to through money at the project, hire the best in class across the board, the whole lot. Whereas Ratcliffe was the 'Glazer stooge' etc. On that basis, Arnold was safest under Ratcliffe. Although a few of us thought Ratcliffe would be the more serious about it and would take the steps he is looking like he will do.

Regardless, I do wonder if Jassim was buying his vote/backing with the above in mind. Perhaps promising him a role in some capacity, or even told him he will keep his job. It's the only way it makes sense, unless Arnold was willing to sacrifice himself for what he believed to be the good of the club - which I find incredibly unlikely.

Berbaclass

Which is rehashed information from public news. Everyone knows Ratcliffe will bring Blanc and Brailsford. In fact Brailsford was tjpped to have a major part since our first round of bids back 6 months ago. Blanc has been a name mentioned for a long time too.
It’s not the point which is being debated. Rather it’s a little strange that he’s decided to be a bit vague all of a sudden.

Status
Not open for further replies.