Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The thread title really makes it seem like the INEOS announcement will not be until the new year, shortly after Arnold leaves his role.

MegadrivePerson

Seeing a lot of 'good riddance' style takes for Arnold.

From what I have seen he seems a pretty genuine guy and I do get the impression he cares about the club. He's made some feck-ups (mainly Greenwood and some transfers) but I don't really get the animosity.
I don't think it's personal against him, just that he's obviously not the right man for the job.

It's similar to how Ole Gunnar Solskjær clearly cared about the club but ultimately isn't cut out to manage it!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It’s not the point which is being debated. Rather it’s a little strange that he’s decided to be a bit vague all of a sudden.
How is that a debate though? He knows nothing. When he's rehashed public info hel need to give vague statements to continue fishing for gullable subscribers.

TrueRed79

And so the culling begins. Brighter times ahead at Utd for me. Full faith that SJR will turn our fortunes around and shut up all the haters who wanted Qatar at all costs.

Matt851

I don't think it's personal against him, just that he's obviously not the right man for the job.

It's similar to how Ole Gunnar Solskjær clearly cared about the club but ultimately isn't cut out to manage it!
Its also the fact he so clearly ended up in the job because of the jobs for the boys approach at the club

Seeing a lot of 'good riddance' style takes for Arnold.

From what I have seen he seems a pretty genuine guy and I do get the impression he cares about the club. He's made some feck-ups (mainly Greenwood and some transfers) but I don't really get the animosity.
Im sure he is a nice bloke. It's not good riddance as in we want the club to put a bounty on his head. Just he's not up to the job, we've been a total laughing stock the last few months to the extent its affecting us on field. The club will be better off without him in charge.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
The best thing I can say about Arnold was, he was marginally less shit, and far less of a clown then Woodward.

the_cliff

He’s been pretty certain over the last few days in the discord

I mean considering that Blanc works for INEOS (hence the Blanc will definitely be involved even if not CEO himself), has experience as a CEO for major European football clubs, it's not rocket science. Paul Mitchell has been mentioned countless times by many news outlets and until recently was the only one linked to the job which is why he's probably now gone for 60%. He was more sure last week when Mitchell was the only name mentioned....

He's just full of shit and has no actual sources. Show me one time he actually broke a story on this whole takeover process that wasn't already reported.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Which is rehashed information from public news. Everyone knows Ratcliffe will bring Blanc and Brailsford. In fact Brailsford was tjpped to have a major part since our first round of bids back 6 months ago. Blanc has been a name mentioned for a long time too.
Both are already INEOS employees so it's obvious they will be involved on some level

And he's even quoting Ornstein himself so TBF he's not making out to be ITK, he's just filtering out the wheat from the chaff

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
And so the culling begins. Brighter times ahead at Utd for me. Full faith that SJR will turn our fortunes around and shut up all the haters who wanted Qatar at all costs.
It's a good sign but I wouldn't go full cocks out until his new appointments actually bring some success. It's one thing to clear out the deadwood, it's another to actually get the right people in.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Both are already INEOS employees so it's obvious they will be involved on some level

And he's even quoting Ornstein himself so TBF he's not making out to be ITK, he's just filtering out the wheat from the chaff
His whole game is to come across as ITK.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
It's a good sign but I wouldn't go full cocks out until his new appointments actually bring some success. It's one thing to clear out the deadwood, it's another to actually get the right people in.
It's just a sign of desperation on the part of the poor fella. Expecting some saviour to roll in and make everything better. If only life is like a Hollywood movie..

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Bet Arnold is massively regretting turning up to meet Ratcliffe in trainers, a v-neck and open collared shirt with no tie the scruffy bastard
He doesn't care, he's going to end up with a nice parachute payment which will set him up for retirement nicely.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Yeah that's fine. People are leveling personal insults at him though (mainly on Twitter).

TrueRed79

I get that. It's just that I have a genuine good feeling about this change at Utd. Based on absolutely nothing of course. I trust SJR to appoint the best in class. It will take time, but he will surprise a lot of people in the end.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Get the new people in and immediately sack them so we can get the fresh start feeling again, I say.

strandty

The thread title really makes it seem like the INEOS announcement will not be until the new year, shortly after Arnold leaves his role.
He’s technically left it now, with Stewart in place in the interim. Statement says he’s helping out during the transition period until the end of December.

Oranges038

Whenever I hear the name Arnold mentioned I just think of

"Hey football head"

Now it seems his head was neither shaped like a football or contained much about football.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Kleinmann with the exclusive around 10am. Two hours later the official announcement drops.

Most reliable journalist throughout this whole process. Doesn't report anything that isn't 100 per cent happening. Also, he always reports what's happening before anyone else does so.

Feels like the INEOS announcement is close now.

mikeyt

The only way ratcliffe earns any respect is if he goes and gets the absolute best available footballing people. We want the best DOF, best CEO, best recruitment/scouting networks. Absolute best in class in a footballing sense of the word. Thats the only way he gets any respect at this point. What he does with the structure of the club is the most important aspect of his takeover imo.

no more sentimentality. No more friends FC or ex United players getting jobs. Proven track records only. Go and raid the best people, test their resolves at current clubs. It’s a massive mess that’s going to take the top people to even begin to put it right.

He’s got to be utterly ruthless at this point.
100%. It's a positive start, Murtough and Fletcher must be next.

19Dan81

Are people really celebrating the Glazers sacking the one board member who opposed any deal that would only enrich the Glazers, setup the first fans advisory board, dialogue with the TRA for Old Trafford atmosphere, setup a footballing committee to oversee changes which included Sir Alex in an attempt to fix the Woodward mess that ultimately gave us Ten Hag and our first trophy in 6 years and a top 3 finish with another final. Are we really celebrating the Glazers sacking a man that actually wanted the best for the club which in the end was at odds with the Glazers grand plan to continue to abuse the club and to use it as a cash cow? Arnold made some mistakes but this man was a man for the fans and he was against the Glazers and pushed back against their MO and greed to instead focus on what's best for the club long term.

Arnold would have been sacked irrespective of who the new owners are because new owners want their own CEO's but this man voted against Glazer greed and talked to the fans. This sacking is further proof that the Glazers are sticking around long term and he was evidently against that. The man should have some respect from us for taking that stance.

Marcelinho87

On the face of it I find it strange that Arnold voted against Ratcliffe. At the time, the overriding feeling was that Qatar were going to through money at the project, hire the best in class across the board, the whole lot. Whereas Ratcliffe was the 'Glazer stooge' etc. On that basis, Arnold was safest under Ratcliffe. Although a few of us thought Ratcliffe would be the more serious about it and would take the steps he is looking like he will do.

Regardless, I do wonder if Jassim was buying his vote/backing with the above in mind. Perhaps promising him a role in some capacity, or even told him he will keep his job. It's the only way it makes sense, unless Arnold was willing to sacrifice himself for what he believed to be the good of the club - which I find incredibly unlikely.
I’m sure reports at the time had Jassim down for keeping staff and giving all a chance to impress.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Interested to see what happens to the Murtough x Fletcher level of the structure now.
How does Fletcher keep being brought into these conversations? He’s not a DoF. Clearly his stupid job title confuses some. His job is to oversee kids coming through to the first team and so far he’s well.. Garnacho, Mainoo, Gore, Hannibal and given his input into which aren’t gonna make the cut.

Woziak

Ok the whole voting angle could well be the 'more to the story' I mentioned. It implies that his position is untenable, as mentioned above.

@Woziak I'm more than happy to give him a chance. I was one of the minority that wanted Ratcliffe over Qatar. Just thought it was interesting as, as you mentioned, it implied that his position was completely untenable even in the short term for whatever reason,
It’s untenable because Arnold was obviously leaking the Qatar stuff to Murtough and Fletcher and that’s where Rio took his punt which proved to be untrue. The interim is simply a place setter, the end is now in site and Sir Jim will be controlling the sports side. The rumour in the press is that £245m will be broken into two parts.

Media now leaking that to circumnavigate FSP/FFP that up-to £90m will be paid into alleviate FFP and give ETH sone kind of transfer kitty in January plus the remaining £160m used for infrastructure and carrington improvements.

We just need to hear his words and see how quickly he intends to act on playing staff, DOF, medical department, Etc.

Marcelinho87

How does Fletcher keep being brought into these conversations? He’s not a DoF. Clearly his stupid job title confuses some. His job is to oversee kids coming through to the first team and so far he’s well.. Garnacho, Mainoo, Gore, Hannibal and given his input into which aren’t gonna make the cut.
As you say his job title has him unfairly lumped alongside Murtough and Arnold.

pitchforks out at all costs it seems even if uninformed.

Status
Not open for further replies.