Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I optimistically think we can probably get Varane to Saudi for 45m and bring in Todibo for 35m for example.
So you think we can sell a player for £45M and buy a player for less and improve the squad in the process?
Never in a million years.
Most likely we'll sell Varane for £5M and buy a replacement for £60M.
The people who negotiate our deals are absolutely terrible at their job and should be sacked, but somehow don't get sacked.

UpWithRivers

Maybe Glazers don’t want sporting control. This is their way of keeping the cash cow/ appreciating asset.
Oh they don't want sporting control but not how people think. They want a fall guy for everything that goes sht. But there is a difference between letting someone manage and letting someone fully control. You don't just let the major arm of your business to be fully out of your control. Thats nuts. Like I said Apple selling its control of sales or Amazon selling its control of its warehouses. They still have sporting control. They are just letting SJR take he reins for a bit

Woziak

He's allegedly buying 12.5% of the Glazers class B shares and a tender offer of 12.5% of Class A publicly listed shares.
That does not make 25%
12.5% of Class B is 14.2m(113m)
12.5% of Class A is 6.6m (53m)

Total 20.8m from 166m total shares is a surprise 12.5% , something does not add up or is being reported incorrectly?

Last edited:

Laurencio

The Glazers are nothing if not greedy. Probably trying to find a way to screw over Class A shareholders and make even more money in the future.

MegadrivePerson

So you think we can sell a player for £45M and buy a player for less and improve the squad in the process?
The people who negotiate our deals are absolutely terrible at their job and should be sacked, but somehow don't get sacked.
I think that's exactly the sort of thing that will start to change under the new ownership though.

Looking at Saudi transfers so far, I don't think we'd get £45 million for Varane, but could easily get £25 million as that is roughly what they paid for Aymeric Laporte.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
That does not make 25%

Total 20.8m from 166m total shares is a surprise 12.5% , something does not add up or is being reported incorrectly?
Obviously they just mean his 25% comes from a 50/50 combo of Class A + B

exact number of shares is a different thing

But this is just speculation anyway and likely to be wrong as you would expect the share price to be much higher if it was moving towards this

Roboc7

If he's only buying 12.5% of the Glazer's stake the deal makes even less sense than it already did.

They're giving him control of feck all for £650m. They're just fleecing him for a little cash out and maybe giving some empty promises of selling more shares down the line and nominal "control" in the mean time.

The rat is being played by the leeches, as we already surmised.
The fact he is buying the shares with virtually no voting rights is probably an indication that a full or majority sale is in the pipeline.

SJR doesn’t need to but those shares other than to stop a future lawsuit regarding a full/majority sale and the Glazers don’t get any money from it. It’s much more likely that it’s removing an obstacle than the Glazers fleecing him.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think we can because Saudi overpay for players and todibo is available for a smaller fee who happens to play for a club owned by Ratcliffe. I'm also basing. My premise on new decision makers

MDFC Manager

That does not make 25%

Obviously they just mean his 25% comes from a 50/50 combo of Class A + B

exact number of shares is a different thing

But this is just speculation anyway and likely to be wrong as you would expect the share price to be much higher if it was moving towards this
Makes sense. So basically Ducker should stick to sports reporting :D

lex talionis

There is nothing about this deal that points the way towards improved performances on the pitch. But the good news, at least for those more interested in the utdubess side of things, is that the Glazers will pocket a very nice payoff.

TrueRed79

This is all nonsense and Sir Jim has just royally fkd us. We are in a worse position than just having the Glaziers.

1) There is absolutely zero possibility that the Glaziers have just given over all their power to run the football side of things. Its like Apple selling off their Sales branch and have no control over sales. Its would be the stupidest thing to do ever. All it is, is a job. They are allowing Sir Jim to be Richard Arnold or whatever title you want to give him. Yes he will run things but not with total control. If the Glaziers want they will still be able to overthrow him. Lets say he fks up and Man Utd plummet to 12/14th. You telling me the Glaziers will just have to sit there and watch as their investment is destroyed? No chance.

2) Since Sir Jim has bought a job to run our football side then is he the best man to do this? Based on his history with all his other sporting ventures the answer would be a unequivocal no. We are going into the next phase with a guy that fks up everything he touches in sport. Thats not to say he wont get it right. Maybe he will hire the right people and we are golden. But it doesn't deter from the fact that we are not getting a capable CEO in a football sense.

3) He is not bringing any money. The 1.3 billion he buys in goes to the Glaziers or the Glaziers and the other shareholders. He cant put any further money in unless the Glaziers do so. Lets say he has an extra 500 mill. Why would he put that in the club to benefit the majority shareholders? That's just stupid. Any spending will have to be 25 percent from him and 75 percent from the other shareholders. He cant fix our stadium or build a new one even if he has the 2 billion in his bank. He can only put in 500 mill max. The rest needs to come from the other shareholders. It doesn't fix the debts. It doesn't inject cash. It does nothing to help us financially. Forget this thinking that he is putting in 100 mill for transfers out of his piggy bank just to help us out. Not happening.

4) It destroys or at least severely inhibits any possibility to sell the whole club. If the Glaziers sell then they will have to sell to Sir Jim. A new owner will have to buy out the Glaziers and Sir Jim. And you can guarantee they both will not want to sell. So a new owner might be able to buy out the Glaziers but then they will have to share the club with Sir Jim and whatever clauses he has such as running the football side. It just makes it more unlikely we will ever be owned fully by a competent owner.

5) He is shielding the Glaziers. If this sht running of the club continues who is everyone going to target? Who do we protest against? It will be SIr Jim. The Glaziers will just sink into the background and take their dividends and continue as normal while SIr Jim is the face of Man Utd while the true shits are still in control.

6) Sir Jim is not the Tooth Fairy or Willy Wonker. He is a shrewd business man. He is in it for the money just like the Glaziers. Sure he can say he is a fan and he loves Utd etc. But he said that about Chelsea. There is nothing to indicate that he is anything more than what the Glaziers are - Business men out for themselves. We have just acquired a different Glazier.
:lol:
Glaziers GlaZiErS
Have a day off. What a load of nonsense.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I wonder if all of you treating "the Glazers" as a monolithic block have ever been exposed to a family business, let alone one that so blatantly doesn't perform well at its core business.

For all we know, there could be a bunch of them well chuffed to have someone other than Joel pulling the strings. Much like us, anyone having the foggiest idea what he is doing.

LordSpud

I wonder if all of you treating "the Glazers" as a monolithic block have ever been exposed to a family business, let alone one that so blatantly doesn't perform well at its core business.

For all we know, there could be a bunch of them well chuffed to have someone other than Joel pulling the strings. Much like us, anyone having the foggiest idea what he is doing.
I work for a family owned company. The mother and father founded it some 45 years ago and still occupy Director roles and very much involved (not some "directors" who take the title but just sit out) and the 2 sons run the other most senior positions. The other "managers" just take a title and don't actually manage per se, they don't really get a say in anything that happens in the company and just have to follow the family.

bstb3

No doubt opposition clubs will cry foul play.
Yeah, but to be honest it should not really be allowed without proper scrutiny, as with any related club transactions.

One of the issues some had with Qatar was the risk that they might get up to the same shenanigans that City and apparently now Chelsea had been up to. Now that may be unfounded on the Qatar part, but it was a concern. So if the first transfer we do under Sir Jim has a whiff about it, for sure people will be all over it. The fact is we really don't need to be getting involved in that sort of thing. Simply paying a fair price would be such an improvement for us over recent years that it would still be beneficial (and probably look dodgy in comparison anyway).

NWRed

Liverpool sold Coutinho to Barca for £140m and then bought Allison and van Dijk for £60m and £75m then won the CL and the PL.*

I know they're in different positions but it's how well run football clubs do business.

*Prices subject to my dodgy memory

Pes6Monster

And don't forget award winning actor Patrick Stewart
I hope he runs us just like he was still Sejanus in I Claudius. Show up to matches dressed in Roman regalia, too, and wearing a wig. Waving about his obviously wooden sword and avenging himself on John Rhys Davies.

Shouting 'warp speed' at The 1958 when they demand a full sale only to The Dothraki (they're confused in The 1958).

UpWithRivers

:lol:
Glaziers GlaZiErS
Have a day off. What a load of nonsense.
I misspelled a word. I would like to formally apologize to the whole Redcafe community. The Glazers. Sir Jim. Everyone at the club. I am seeking therapy for my actions and hope that I can be a better person in the futire....oh sht

RedUnited86

It's not Picard, but the club's missing a trick if they don't get the new guy to utter the words "beam me up, Scotty". The camera pans to McTominay, who replies "no problem!". Some cheap CGI and 10 seconds later, Patrick (our one, not Picard) magically appears in Arnold's old office and chair with a smug smirk on his face proudly stating "with the first link, the chain is forged, things are only impossible until they are not".

bstb3

It's not Picard, but the club's missing a trick if they don't get the new guy to utter the words "beam me up, Scotty". The camera pans to McTominay, who replies "no problem!". Some cheap CGI and 10 seconds later, Patrick (our one, not Picard) magically appears in Arnold's old office and chair with a smug smirk on his face proudly stating "with the first link, the chain is forged, things are only impossible until they are not".
Taking a chance letting Scott do the beaming. With his pass accuracy Patty will end up at Maine Road.

tomaldinho1

There is nothing about this deal that points the way towards improved performances on the pitch. But the good news, at least for those more interested in the utdubess side of things, is that the Glazers will pocket a very nice payoff.
As long as someone with even a modicum of common sense is coming in, it is a positive. Too long has our fan base been pacified with these symbolic titles, Murtough DoF, 'transfer committee', all this talk about how things are changing without anything actually changing at all (literally ETH's transfer market activity couldn't be more similar to LVG's and that is creeping up on a decade ago).

If we get a CEO with a track record and a DOF with a track record it is a step in the right direction. The only reason people are annoyed at this is the carrot of state ownership as dangled, forget it, it's gone.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I do think this just prolongs the pain/shitshow. It’s another mega transfer to try to heal the fact that they’ve let the club fall way too far behind on all sporting levels. SJR clearly has his work cut out. Can he do what no manager could do, succeed with the glazers in the background dithering and cutting corners? He’s an old man. It’s another glazer choice so it’s 99% likely going to be another expensive mistake that just kicks the can down the road and makes them richer and us worse off. The only silver linings are : SJR is much richer than the glazers and he can afford to quickly fix any mistakes he may make, as in he can afford to write off poor transfers or at least take a hit at the earliest chance. He’ll be much more used to finding best in class applicants with relevant experience or attributes for appointments across differing industries. Being self made he should be a lot more ruthless than the silver spoon glaziers (lol) in theory. He has sporting experience (but not with great results?) Please god just don’t let it be more of the same crumbling false hope Disneyland shite. Looking forward to getting Kane on a free transfer in 5 years! :drool:

Last edited:

Offsideagain

Announcment imminent, so that's Christmas then? This has dragged on and on and on with each week being the week of the announcment. SKY keep saying it's 'in a few days' The bloke that does the United stuff and claims to know what's going on, knows as much as we do.i.e. Jackshit. I hope it's this week, but I doubt it.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse

exactly. i think it’s clear malcolm was clearly the ruthless business glayjer and all the other glayjers don’t really know what they’re doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.