Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReligion

Abusive
I am trying to put things in perspective mate but to call psg a circus is a but ironic considering that, despite their very positive season, nice are still 2nd behind the 'circus'

Irrespective of that the Qatari bid is gone. There's no point discussing it further
Surely you acknowledge the way PSG has operated as being circus like? I mean I don’t need to go into detail regarding endless managers, huge contracts, mbappe etc…

They are top because they have an endless pot of money to burn through to help mask their mistakes.

goalscholes

*Facepalm* It’s not about profit. He has INEOS generating all the profit he’s ever going to need. I wish people could understand that.
*Facepalm* you think Radcliffe will be happy with him benefitting 25% and the Glaziers benefitting 75% from work only being done by the former?

If so, you’re deluded.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Surely you acknowledge the way PSG has operated as being circus like? I mean I don’t need to go into detail regarding endless managers, huge contracts, mbappe etc…

They are top because they have an endless pot of money to burn through to help mask their mistakes.
Nice were operated as a circus till last season. The difference is that psg won alot, nice didn't

I Don't care how much money business men put in the club. I am a football fan not a glazer/al thani/Ratcliffe

TheReligion

Abusive
Nice were operated as a circus till last season. The difference is that psg won alot, nice didn't
PSG have an endless pot of money. Let’s not play dumb.

Nice are operating as a sustainable club should.

Two different levels yet PSG have made mistakes and still can’t get a foothold in European football.

I’m not having it that you genuinely admire the PSG footballing operation.

C'est Moi Cantona

It's taken a few years though, which may not be afforded at United!

Obviously the excitment might have its edge taken off it if we don't see an upturn on the pitch fairly quickly, which tbf it could take a while, but the bigger picture of them investing in the infrastructure, not taking dividends, getting football people of substance running the club, (all because they have an interest in us winning things again), and most importantly been the ones who made a deal that might finally fully oust the Glazers, should afford them alot of time for me.

devilish

Two different levels yet PSG have made mistakes and still can’t get a foothold in European football.

I am admiring nothing. I am stating a fact. Both clubs were poorly run and both had since worked to ratify that. Psg spent alot, nice less. Psg won alot, nice won nothing. I see no use in discussing qatar either as they are not buying the club anytime soon.

If Ratcliffe comes in, he spent 1b on transfers and we win the lot then I wouldn't care how we did it just as chelsea/real/milan/city didn't care about that either. We didn't give a feck when we were spending big money in our glory days either.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
*Facepalm* you think Radcliffe will be happy with him benefitting 25% and the Glaziers benefitting 75% from work only being done by the former?

If so, you’re deluded.
Ratcliffe. Can we not have this become another Glaziers please.

AneRu

The only thing I can hope for is sporting competence from Ineos, that's all Utd ever needed. Which is, when you don't have the expertise you hire the right people to deliver that competency for you!

If you look at our failure pre SAF, it's quite clear that we struggled with getting the right people in the position to drive the club to success. And is also probably (along with the money/cheating) the biggest reason City have enjoyed so much success because Abu Dhabi understood that they didn't have the sporting competency but hired the right people to deliver it.

Time will tell whthether Ineos have learned anything from their ownership of other football clubs and the unique nature of this 'business' but the sounds coming out appear to be right, my mind keeps going back to the absolute cretins that are the Glazers and how they will continue to impede our sporting competency.
Plus we are not that far away, this season has been a disaster but so was the 21/22 after which we wasted a whole summer chasing FDJ but still cobbled up a few last dice panic signings that got us going and we finished 3rd, with a final appearance and a trophy. Imagine what we can achieve with a couple well planned and we'll executed summer transfer windows plus a top manager given what base we already have.

Beating City to a title should be what we aim for in year three or four of consistent incremental improvement. This is why it's imperative that we bring in a few top class football operators that know where potential top players are found and how to get a deal done. This is basic stuff, what I fear though is if we have to get a new manager because I think this is the most difficult role to fill at United because of the spotlight you'd need someone mentally strong who won't lose his head in the camera flashlights.

macheda14

I am trying to put things in perspective mate but to call psg a circus is a but ironic considering that, despite their very positive season, nice are still 2nd behind the 'circus'

Irrespective of that the Qatari bid is gone. There's no point discussing it further
So if we’re sitting above Brighton that doesn’t mean we’re a circus? PSG are expected to win every season and have still amassed a squad full of very talented players that should sit at the top of the table.

devilish

So if we’re sitting above Brighton that doesn’t mean we’re a circus? PSG are expected to win every season and have still amassed a squad full of very talented players that should sit at the top of the table.
Brighton are run better then us. Nice weren't run better then psg. They were both ran horribly and both are ratifying that. Psg spent more then ineos. They also won alot while Nice won nothing. That's the difference

For the record I Don't want us to become the next Brighton let alone the next Nice. United is all about winning trophies.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
What you have described called the breakdown or the teardown of the Ineos Curse? The opposite of the Midas touch.

People need to go into this new era with our eyes wide open.

We are so desperate as a fan base that we are treating Ratcliffe as some knight in shining armour who would swoop in and make things all magical again.... Without actually looking at facts or thinking that managing United is so obvious and is being done by incompetent fecks at the moment.

See the teardown of the decline of Team Ineos post above.

Past is prologue as one smart man once said.
He’s talking out his arse there. As he often does. Why would we take anything that prat says seriously?

AneRu

Brighton are run better then us. Nice weren't run better then psg. They were both ran horribly. Psg spent more then ineos. They also won alot while Nice won nothing. That's the difference

For the record I Don't want us to become the next Brighton let alone the next Nice. United is all about winning trophies.
If we are run like Brighton with our resources and reach we'd be CL contenders every season after the initial two or three. Whilst we shouldn't aim to find the Caicedos and the Fergusons it wouldn't hurt us to pick a rough diamond or two that grows into a first team fixture.

I agree that trophies are the currency in football but what I want more is to have us as a consistent top 3 team in the league and perennial CL semi finalists. If you hit that sweet spot I think the trophies will follow naturally because all you need is for some team to miss a bit and you are in. Also like Liverpool and Arsenal, if you achieve that, you are usually only one big signing away from silverware.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Ratcliffe. Can we not have this become another Glaziers please.
Autocorrect for the win. ‘Radcliffe’ should autocorrect to ‘I’m a stupid illiterate Cnut who is too lazy to spell stuff properly’.

Likewise ‘Glaziers’ should auto correct to ‘I’ve only had 18years to learn to spell Glazer but I haven’t quite got the hang of it yet!’

Too much?! :D

Last edited:

TheReligion

Abusive
I am admiring nothing. I am stating a fact. Both clubs were poorly run and both had since worked to ratify that. Psg spent alot, nice less. Psg won alot, nice won nothing. I see no use in discussing qatar either as they are not buying the club anytime soon.

If Ratcliffe comes in, he spent 1b on transfers and we win the lot then I wouldn't care how we did it just as chelsea/real/milan/city didn't care about that either. We didn't give a feck when we were spending big money in our glory days either.
So you agree with me then. That was the point. Some posters want to hit out at INEOS and their track record but oddly fail to acknowledge that the Qatar option had zero experience running a club and by using PSG as a benchmark has made a mess of things.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss

If so, you’re deluded.
The benefit to Ratcliffe is owning and running the world’s biggest football club. Its prestige, kudos, legacy he is interested in.
The Glazers are already profiting from SJR’s investment and will profit again massively when INEOS buy the majority shareholding in the club and send them packing.

Rojofiam

He doesn't care about that

I've shown him the ridiculous wage bill of Ligue 1 before where PSG takes up 40% of the whole league's wage bill

https://www.capology.com/fr/ligue-1/payrolls/2015-2016/

devilish

If we are run like Brighton with our resources and reach we'd be CL contenders every season after the initial two or three. Whilst we shouldn't aim to find the Caicedos and the Fergusons it wouldn't hurt us to pick a rough diamond or two that grows into a first team fixture.

I agree that trophies are the currency in football but what I want more is to have us as a consistent top 3 team in the league and perennial CL semi finalists. If you hit that sweet spot I think the trophies will follow naturally because all you need is for some team to miss a bit and you are in. Also like Liverpool and Arsenal, if you achieve that, you are usually only one big signing away from silverware.
I made my point about Nice and psg. Neither club was run well and while psg spent more, they won trophies. Nice did not. Both had since worked hard to sort the issues

There is no doubt that United are ran poorly. Thats something everyone involved seem keen to work on and i like what im seeing.

Someone mentioned the ineos curse, I mention the juventus curse. Juve was consistently winning the league title but were getting desperate about the CL. They spent silly money on short term signings to get it and they lost everything. We can't be like Brighton but we can't be inpatient as well

devilish

So you agree with me then. That was the point. Some posters want to hit out at INEOS and their track record but oddly fail to acknowledge that the Qatar option had zero experience running a club and by using PSG as a benchmark has made a mess of things.
What I disagree is this concept that Nice was run better then psg. It wasn't

devilish

Who said that?
It was hinted and tbf its been a common argument in here for months. Ineos were not a better owner to the psg al thanis. They didnt run the club better. Both nice and psg were circuses. The only difference is that the al thanis spent more then ineos hence they won the trophies.

I think its irrelevant at this point as well

A- qatar aren't buying us
B- ineos seem to have learnt from their mistakes

TheReligion

Abusive
It was hinted and tbf its been a common argument in here for months. Ineos were not a better owner to the psg al thanis. They didnt run the club better. Both nice and psg were circuses. The only difference is that the al thanis spent more then ineos hence they won the trophies.

I would also add that PSG could attract better players and are a traditional ‘big club’ in France.

They had a clear advantage over Nice and it is all relevant.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Keep both misspellings and we can call this the era of Harry Potter and the Miserly Window Fitters.
Been in charge for nigh on 2 decades and people are still calling them “Glaziers” - feck me.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Thats bullshit to be fair. PSG certainly appears worse run.

They've had a lot more time, and a lot more money under big owners who consistently get shit wrong.
This idea that INEOS don't learn from their mistakes sounds misled too, as from what I read they conducted full reviews and tweaked their approach, which is why Nice are in a much better footballing position now compared to previous seasons under INEOS.

devilish

Thats bullshit to be fair. PSG certainly appears worse run.

They've had a lot more time, and a lot more money under big owners who consistently get shit wrong.
This idea that INEOS don't learn from their mistakes sounds misled too, as from what I read they conducted full reviews and tweaked their approach, which is why Nice are in a much better footballing position now compared to previous seasons under INEOS.
Nice hired moody of all people as consultant. He saddled them with premiership has beens who ruined their season. They had Bob Ratcliffe as CEO despite tanking at lausanne and they had favre not knowing were their new signing plays. At one point there were protests against ineos and the fans were hoping that they would sell. That sounds as a big circus to me

And I literally said it many times that ineos had learnt from their mistake including in that very post you had quoted

devilish

I would also add that PSG could attract better players and are a traditional ‘big club’ in France.

They had a clear advantage over Nice and it is all relevant.
I understand the lure of these rich owners buying French clubs. These vlubs are cheap and they literally sit on a gold mine in terms of youth talent. The country is huge and beautiful as well.

Yet it has its limits as well. They lack the pull factor to retain/bring top players + the lack of top clubs means that top players will find it boring. Psg tried to break that with the chelsea/city way. They mitigated the first problem but not the second one. Ineos took a more caution approach by doing the same but with less expensive players.

Both finally realised that the way to go is to invest on top people who would buy value players and who would rely more on youth talent. These lessons will be carried at United. There is no point in throwing money in the problem without a solid plan and capable people in place to complete it

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Nice hired moody of all people as consultant. He saddled them with premiership has beens who ruined their season. They had Bob Ratcliffe as CEO despite tanking at lausanne and they had favre not knowing were their new signing plays. At one point there were protests against ineos and the fans were hoping that they would sell. That sounds as a big circus to me

And I literally said it many times that ineos had learnt from their mistake including in that very post you had quoted
They got rid of those players, and now their CEO is Fabrice Bocquet, so they learned from their mistakes. Why are you making up that they haven't?

Fabrice Bocquet has extended experience of being CEO for another football club.

The PSG Chairman is a retired Tennis player who has constantly made the same mistakes at feck all cost to his job since 2011.

I didn't say INEOS didn't make mistakes. I said the learned from them whereas PSG didn't, for 10+ years. There is little basis to argue PSG isn't worse run.

Moreover, you said there was little to argue that Sheikh Jassim wouldn't have run the club poorly. Very low evidence to suggest this. In fact the people assigned to turn up on his behalf for the second round of bids (because he was too lazy to rock up himself) were the people tipped for key roles. Not one of them had actual sporting experience.

Last edited:

Fts 74

Typical caf.Everyone knows talkshite deliberately set agendas to rile people, although it fits nicely with some people on here who are determined not to give Ratcliffe a chance. Get a grip.

macheda14

Brighton are run better then us. Nice weren't run better then psg. They were both ran horribly and both are ratifying that. Psg spent more then ineos. They also won alot while Nice won nothing. That's the difference

That’s not the point. You said it was ironic to call PSG a circus because they are above Nice. They are a circus and their position is irrelevant to that.

didz

Bacon Butties for press Conference.

Ratcliffe Effect in full flow....:D
The Sheikhs put on a huge spread for journos when they took over City. Ratcliffe has failed his first real test here. Really worrying sign of things to come, especially since we've not heard of any changes in the catering department, so we know for a fact the bacon won't be crispy.

Was there even any brown sauce? Shameful display.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
After spending £1.3billion I doubt if they would risk investing in a relatively newbie like McKenna.

I wouldn't mind Alonso, a bold move considering how all our Bundesliga imports have worked out. But also would he come to United considering his past ties?
I might be wrong but didn't he get Sociedad B relegated just before he got the Leverkusen job? Maybe someone with more knowledge than me can explain that one but I'd rather have McKenna than Alonso right now, at least until Alonso showed a bit more consistency in his career.

However, I know he played for them but he wasn't that much of a wanker. Plus he also pissed off Benitez by missing a CL match because his wife was giving birth. Two plus marks from me there for putting family first, and also for annoying the Fakts Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.