Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

That's true, imagine how dependant on Kane's solo goals we'd be if we had got him in the summer?
We accepted defeat far too easily,he was worth the money not Onana and Mount. Could have then bought him & Hojlund instead of piling it all on Rasmus shoulders

Bright_Eyes

We accepted defeat far too easily,he was worth the money not Onana and Mount. Could have then bought him & Hojlund instead of piling it all on Rasmus shoulders
Hindsight though. It wasn't clear that Kane would maintain these lofty heights, and still isn't certain that he'll continue for the next 1-2 years, plus Bundesliga is at a lower standard. He's 31 at the end of this season and spending close to or over £100m for him (what Levy would likely want from a rival), plus his much higher wages would mean we would struggle to be able to sign anyone else. (We saved ~£300k per week by replacing DDG, enabling one of the other transfers.) So it would almost be using our entire transfer budget on one player, who is over 30, which is the exact thing we've been doing wrong for years.

Onana and Mount weren't bad ideas. Onana looked good previously and the idea was to move us towards a more modern style of play. I think the Mount signing was the most questionable given our squad, but he has time to come good. Hojlund looked promising. We overspent but the options out there for strikers wasn't great. Then again that doesn't mean we should have blown almost everything on Kane. We had too many issues to address and so the right approach was to buy 3 players and stick to younger ones imo. It just hasn't worked out (yet?)

Reactions: 711

davidmichael

This will be a clever move in order to avoid the same board at both United and Nice so there can’t be any cries of conflict of interest, basically Blanc will be running United but officially they’ll be another CEO like Gill on the books and Blanc as head of Ineos Sport as the man Gill reports too.

Sparky Rhiwabon

This will be a clever move in order to avoid the same board at both United and Nice so there can’t be any cries of conflict of interest, basically Blanc will be running United but officially they’ll be another CEO like Gill on the books and Blanc as head of Ineos Sport as the man Gill reports too.
Is David Gill in the frame or are you just using that as an example?

bstb3

To be fair, and I have no time at all for the Glazers, that would be expected. If the lawyers were representing the club, but being paid by majority shareholders and not the club, that would be a clear open goal for claims of conflict of interest by the minority shareholders. The fact it took 56 of them does seem mightily scary, but it would have been very complex so not entirely surprising.

Whats relevant, and stated further in the 'X' is that the Glazers paid for their own advice (most likely by forcing the advisors to remortgage their own homes before the cash turns up, but hey, lay with dogs etc).

hobbers

How exactly have we set out transfer priorities without appointing a sporting director or head of recruitment

davidmichael

Is David Gill in the frame or are you just using that as an example?
I read reports that Gill was in the running the other week and with him being seen often with Blanc and Brailsford I imagine he’s in the running but yes I was just using him as an example.

spwd

I read reports that Gill was in the running the other week and with him being seen often with Blanc and Brailsford I imagine he’s in the running but yes I was just using him as an example.
Might be him, just basically a body in to get round the twin club rule while Blanc runs it really.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
From the latest mail article
Sir Dave Brailsford has only been observing behind the scenes at Manchester United for a few weeks, but the Ineos sporting director is said to have noted the level of overstaffing at the club.

Brailsford has been Sir Jim Ratcliffe's eyes and ears on the ground at Old Trafford and Carrington while the £1.3billion investment is being ratified, and the former British Cycling supremo is already identifying areas where savings can be made and the club can become more streamlined.

Ratcliffe is likely to appoint an external auditor to look at the spending and structure at United, which could place some of the 1,100 work-force under threat.

Brailsford has been at every game since Ratcliffe's purchase of 29 per cent of the club was confirmed on Christmas Eve, and is becoming an increasingly prominent figure in the process.

The 59-year-old met with manager Erik ten Hag at Carrington on New Year's Eve and was given a tour of the training complex, speaking to some of the players who had come in after the defeat to Nottingham Forest the night before.

Brailsford was at the forefront again when he joined Ratcliffe and Ineos chief executive Jean-Claude Blanc to meet fans' groups at Old Trafford on Monday. 'We got the feeling that this is the beginning of more dialogue, and the hands-on people will be Brailsford and Blanc,' one fans' representative told Confidential.

Chumpsbechumps

If he goes all out for Mbappe, I can't help but think it would be the most Woodward move Woodward never made.
Totally agree.

Id actually be more comfortable if next season was in effect a transitional one. Signing 2-3 big name signings doesn’t indicate change, it indicates “we still gotta finish in top 4”. 12 years of mismanagement can’t be fixed in 12 months.

I was hoping we’d see a preverbial nuke to the squad and there’d be massive clear out , particularly of higher paid. People may say we don’t need it but it doesn’t inspire me.

In terms of starting 11
Onana - not priority to change , he may improve
Shaw - keep
Martinez - keep
Mainoo - keep
Garnacho - keep
Hoijland - keep

maybe
Rashford - attitude and output needs to improve alot
Fernandez - works hard but needs to accept transition period

That’s 8 players I’d be ok in our starting 11 in longer term plan. A RB, A CM and a CB. Ideally we get a quality striker, even one late 20s who can take pressure off Hoijland.

Offload all older players and the rest are squad additions.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Teeing up. Hehe.

But I like this news. Let's hope it has more substance to all the Glazer bollocks over the years. You get the feeling it has.

Sparky Rhiwabon

He’s 66 although Disney's CEO Bob Iger is 6 years older and that’s a much bigger company, so who knows

frostbite

It is not strange that the names of 56 lawyers are involved in something like this. There are many jurisdictions involved, and not all the lawyers do actual work, some of them just want to put their names in the agreement for obvious reasons.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United

Heard from a reliable source a while back that Salford Red Devils (Rugby League side for those that dont know) had been talking with the club. Suggestion of some kind of Under 23/academy/women's team stadium being built at Carrington that would be used by Salford as their new home ground.

General training would then be based elsewhere in a new "state of the art" facility.

Only opposition was actually from Ten Hag.

This was all pre Ratcliffe so who knows if any of that plan (assuming any elements of it are true) come to fruition.

C'est Moi Cantona

I don't get the significance of it been at a golf course, why would it be viable for United to build a training ground there?

Status
Not open for further replies.